PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander Mower

mopromow
06-18-2008, 04:11 PM
I am looking for a new mower, that will be my main mower. I have been looking at Wrights Stander mowers. My dealer has a left over 07 19hp 52" Stander and a 07 Sentar Sport 19hp 52" at $6000.00 each.
My question is for a main mower would the Stander or Sentar Sport be better or should I just go buy a commercial Z turn?

mowerbrad
06-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Each of those are commercial mowers and would be good mowers to use as the main machine. If I were you I would get the Sentar Sport because of the floating deck. The floating deck will allow you to change the height of cut very very quickly vs. the fixed deck on the Stander.

LawnScapers of Dayton
06-18-2008, 06:16 PM
19hp on a 52" Stander is not enough.....you will regret that.... I have the 23hp on my 52" Stander and the next one will be the 25hp.........

My Stander is my main mower....

mowerbrad
06-18-2008, 06:53 PM
My bob-cat 52" had an 18hp engine on it and ran the collection system off the deck until I upgraded to a 22hp. It seemed like it had enough power.

task125
06-18-2008, 08:17 PM
I have the 19 on my 52 and it is fine,never had an issue with it,also has the fixed deck,I cut all my lawns at the same height,and if i need to change no big deal to do it old school.

ed2hess
06-18-2008, 11:07 PM
We like our 36" Sentar because it gets around small places easy. I don't believe I understand getting a 52" in stander versus riding unit unless you need space in trailer.

mopromow
06-18-2008, 11:53 PM
The reason I would think about getting the Stander over the Sentar Sport would be the ease of getting on and off the Stander, how about the hill ability of the Sentar Sport? Also wouldn't the benefits of the Stander be taken away with the Sentar Sport? Such as less fatigue standing than sitting and the line of sight with the Stander. Any help would be great! 6 grand is hard to come by now days I just want to get the best with the money I have.

CGlisson
06-19-2008, 01:51 AM
The reason I would think about getting the Stander over the Sentar Sport would be the ease of getting on and off the Stander, how about the hill ability of the Sentar Sport? Also wouldn't the benefits of the Stander be taken away with the Sentar Sport? Such as less fatigue standing than sitting and the line of sight with the Stander. Any help would be great! 6 grand is hard to come by now days I just want to get the best with the money I have.

The line of sight argument is pointless...you can see well with either. If I were you I would get a Z with a good collection system for yard clean-ups. However, I'm sure NY may be different than MO. Between the Stander and the Sentar Sport....buy whichever fits your needs best. I'd vote for the Sentar Sport, but go with the Stander if you have more properties with hills.