PDA

View Full Version : I Need Pictures For a Class

h2ojoe
06-18-2008, 07:06 PM
After reading some of the horror stories on this forum, it is clear to me that your experience could come in very handy...to me.

I have to set up a class for our irrigators and would like to share some pics and stories with them. Do any of you mind sharing for the cause?

It would be greatly appreciated.

EagleLandscape
06-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Water hammer from last week busted this pipe:
http://drjudywood.com/articles/dirt/dirtpics/steamx-large.jpg

Wet_Boots
06-18-2008, 08:07 PM
a broken Shrubbler
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/4177/dsc01156ff4.jpg

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-18-2008, 08:50 PM
The latest in ET controllers

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-18-2008, 08:55 PM
a broken Shrubbler
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/4177/dsc01156ff4.jpg

bootz= en fuego..

jimmyburg
06-18-2008, 09:54 PM
After reading some of the horror stories on this forum, it is clear to me that your experience could come in very handy...to me.

I have to set up a class for our irrigators and would like to share some pics and stories with them. Do any of you mind sharing for the cause?

did i read some where that you have a class A water lic? my questions there are a hand full of people i know of that has that lic and they would not be caught dead wasting there time with irrigation. what city do you work for?

evergreensolutions
06-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Water hammer from last week busted this pipe:
http://drjudywood.com/articles/dirt/dirtpics/steamx-large.jpg

I actually got the call to fix this one. I was able to use a 2" slip fix and some funny pipe. Three bags of QuickCrete and we were off to the next job.

DanaMac
06-18-2008, 11:02 PM
I actually got the call to fix this one. I was able to use a 2" slip fix and some funny pipe. Three bags of QuickCrete and we were off to the next job.

What, you didn't try to upsell? Repair and go? bad form......

evergreensolutions
06-18-2008, 11:04 PM
I new the Great State of Texas would want to check my repair plans, so I had to scoot.:waving:

DanaMac
06-19-2008, 09:30 AM

What kind are you looking for? Good, bad, ugly?

DanaMac
06-19-2008, 09:37 AM
How about these
#1 - let's add a manifold for the backyard by taking out the 1/2" drain, install a galvanized nipple, and bump back to 1". Oh, and do you like three different valves.

#2 - another double decker. Do you like how the auto drain is on the upper end of it? Hey it's at least an air gap.....

Mike Leary
06-19-2008, 11:07 AM
A beauty I looked at yesterday.

Dripit good
06-19-2008, 11:26 AM

Pump House Blues. This is what happens when you don't use mercoids to govern your pump systems. One bad solenoid gives the inside of your pump house a nice dousche! PRV took the day off.

(Please don't flame, prior prime & glue job)

Wet_Boots
06-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Preggers!!

h2ojoe
06-19-2008, 12:05 PM
did i read some where that you have a class A water lic? my questions there are a hand full of people i know of that has that lic and they would not be caught dead wasting there time with irrigation. what city do you work for?

Jimmy,

Yes, I have a class "A" water license (TCEQ), Irrigator's license (TCEQ), Texas Landscape Irrigation Auditing & Management (Texas A&M), and a BPAT license (TCEQ).

I went as high as I could go with water treatment licensing, but couldn't stay away from irrigation. I have been in the irrigation industry much longer than water treatment anyway. It just so happens that the city I work for, which I won't disclose on a public forum, moved me into environmental compliance (primarily industry / commercial) several years ago. When the new regulations came out in response to House Bill 1656, I asked to take the inspections program into my department. I thought that an irrigation contractor (like myself) might be better qualified (and understanding) to deal with contractors as they get used to the new rules.

As for your buddies with water licenses not wanting to waste their time with irrigation, I think that they go hand-in-hand. Nothing shameful about getting your hands dirty in the trenches...literally.

jimmyburg
06-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Jimmy,

Yes, I have a class "A" water license (TCEQ), Irrigator's license (TCEQ), Texas Landscape Irrigation Auditing & Management (Texas A&M), and a BPAT license (TCEQ).

I went as high as I could go with water treatment licensing, but couldn't stay away from irrigation. I have been in the irrigation industry much longer than water treatment anyway. It just so happens that the city I work for, which I won't disclose on a public forum, moved me into environmental compliance (primarily industry / commercial) several years ago. When the new regulations came out in response to House Bill 1656, I asked to take the inspections program into my department. I thought that an irrigation contractor (like myself) might be better qualified (and understanding) to deal with contractors as they get used to the new rules.

As for your buddies with water licenses not wanting to waste their time with irrigation, I think that they go hand-in-hand. Nothing shameful about getting your hands dirty in the trenches...literally.

can you pm me? i have a question.

jerryrwm
06-23-2008, 03:35 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=80564

Here's one I found a few years back.

Wet_Boots
06-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Hey, lookit me, I'm a backflow preventer!

AI Inc
06-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Galvi? steel gas pipe? or just oxidized copper?

Wet_Boots
06-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Galvi? steel gas pipe? or just oxidized copper?Just a grey-scale photo, because I'm such a friend of the dialup crowd. :)

Mike Leary
06-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Valve boxes? Don't need them when you use Imperial valves, found them with the 521,
got to be over thirty years old.

WalkGood
06-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Hey, lookit me, I'm a backflow preventer!

What brand is that thing? Almost loos like it belongs on a natural gas feed pipe.

jerryrwm
06-26-2008, 10:10 AM
What brand is that thing? Almost loos like it belongs on a natural gas feed pipe.They were made by WATTS at one time. Used to call 'em "Smiling Jack" There's still a lot of them out there.

Wet_Boots
06-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Given the age, it's almost certainly a Watts vacuum relief valve, which I connect to heating and boilers. The theory of installing one is sound, until you get to the question of what happens if it sticks closed.

Waterit
06-26-2008, 03:52 PM
until you get to the question of what happens if it sticks closed.

Indoor pool?