PDA

View Full Version : Ouch Guys...time for a new hydro pump....

billslawn89
06-19-2008, 12:23 AM
well i guess its time for a new hydro pump on my scag turf tiger...its been making some more then normal noises when using..seems like last two days its been getting a little louder, well i have 2067 hours on it so its time. i'm only replacing the one, the other still sounds o.k.

TwistedSister
06-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks...do you have a question. just kidding. I just replaced a seal on one of my pumps. At first you think its going to be hard but they really arent that hard to work on. All you have to do is take off the pulley, disconnect the hoses, unbolt and then put everything back together plus bleading the system of air and adding whatever fluid has been lost in the process. Just be careful not to get any dirt in the system.

billslawn89
06-19-2008, 12:37 AM
twistedsister..ya i've been staring at the back of the turf tiger and figuring out my game plan to get it replaced..that will be my week-end project..i just ordered the pump today so i got alittle time yet.

TwistedSister
06-19-2008, 12:44 AM
good luck with it. Those pumps are expensive. I got a quote from j-thomas on a pump for my WB...$401.99. Luckily all I had to do was replace a $3.00 seal.:) If you have any questions, the manufacturer should be able to help you. Thats what I did. I own a wright but I have heard that scag has great customer support. I know that z pumps are expensive but it sure beats the heck out of buying a new mower.

billslawn89
06-19-2008, 12:52 AM
good luck with it. Those pumps are expensive. I got a quote from j-thomas on a pump for my WB...$401.99. Luckily all I had to do was replace a $3.00 seal.:) If you have any questions, the manufacturer should be able to help you. Thats what I did. I own a wright but I have heard that scag has great customer support. I know that z pumps are expensive but it sure beats the heck out of buying a new mower.

thanks!:drinkup:

Lawnut101
06-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Does it have any trouble driving up hills or anything? I have to replace a wheel motor on my walkbehind soon. It's gonna cost $350 just for parts. I think that my dad and I can do it ourselves, but we'll see.

yard_smart
06-19-2008, 01:11 AM
hey guys i got a cub cadet and its getting load when i push on the handles ... only has 200 hours on it though

is there a way to check the fluid or something ?

billslawn89
06-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Does it have any trouble driving up hills or anything? I have to replace a wheel motor on my walkbehind soon. It's gonna cost $350 just for parts. I think that my dad and I can do it ourselves, but we'll see.

no, works fine, but making alot of noise. i want to replace the pump before it gets too bad and fails and i'm stuck somewhere....will be in a clients back yard or something and have to push the mower to the trailer...oh no, how will i get it on the trailer?... thats what i'm thinking now..:dizzy:

Lawnut101
06-19-2008, 01:14 AM
no, works fine, but making alot of noise. i want to replace the pump before it gets too bad and fails and i'm stuck somewhere....will be in a clients back yard or something and have to push the mower to the trailer...oh no, how will i get it on the trailer?... thats what i'm thinking now..:dizzy:

My walk behind is plenty heavy to push. I couldn't imagine pushing a z, especially one like a Scag! lol. I think your smart.

billslawn89
06-19-2008, 01:15 AM
hey guys i got a cub cadet and its getting load when i push on the handles ... only has 200 hours on it though

is there a way to check the fluid or something ?

on my turf tiger, the oil tank is behind the seat..not sure about the cub though..check the owners manual, or go to the website :dancing:

yard_smart
06-19-2008, 01:16 AM
My walk behind is plenty heavy to push. I couldn't imagine pushing a z, especially one like a Scag! lol. I think your smart.

High im yard smart nice to meet you lol

sorry couldn't resist lol

billslawn89
06-19-2008, 01:20 AM

there's been a few times i got the mower stuck in the mud, almost today, well yesterday, after midnight, and it was a bear trying to move that mower! its amazing on how those pumps can move all that weight..the power of hydraulics:dancing:

Lawnut101
06-19-2008, 01:23 AM
I got one stuck in sand before when I was working for someone else. He had to pull it out with his pickup. It sank down about 4-6".

Lawnut101
06-19-2008, 01:24 AM
High im yard smart nice to meet you lol

sorry couldn't resist lol

Nice to meet u too! lol

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-19-2008, 01:25 AM
My walk behind is plenty heavy to push. I couldn't imagine pushing a z...
I lost an axle shaft on my W/B yesterday and had to push the stinkin' thing while keeping the blade engaged for the last 4 strips of a yard. Ugh. And on the hottest day of the year so far. Fun stuff...

billslawn89
06-19-2008, 01:28 AM
I got one stuck in sand before when I was working for someone else. He had to pull it out with his pickup. It sank down about 4-6".

i had to use a tow strap and a come-a-long tied to a tree to get the tiger out...stuck in the back yard and wasn't going to drive the truck back there. don't wanna do that again!

Lawnut101
06-19-2008, 01:31 AM
i had to use a tow strap and a come-a-long tied to a tree to get the tiger out...stuck in the back yard and wasn't going to drive the truck back there. don't wanna do that again!

That would suck! Luckily I was just bush-hogging, and it was an open lot, so my boss could just drive right in. He thought it was pretty funny.