PDA

View Full Version : This just ticks me off when a client does this.

QualityLawnCare4u
06-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Ok, today keeps getting better after my first "incedent" today. My daughter goes to this gymnastic class two days a week. The lady that owns it to me has always acted like a first class snob.

Last month she asked me if I could start mowing her property and she would take it off the bill. My wife was all for it since this ain't a cheap class.
I told her I would do it for 60. The yard was in horrible shape, had never been weedeted and grass clumps everywhere.

It took me over two hours to get it looking good the first time then about an hour the second time. When my wife went to pay Monday she told her I had only did it one time. I went in yesterday and showed her the 2 bills,the exact day and time I got there and left. She acted fine with that and said she would take it off the bill.

That was yesterday and I told her that I would be there this afternoon at 5:30 to do it. I get there this evening and the yard had been mowed. No weedeating, grass clumps that looked like hay. horrible mowing job. This just set me off into a rage.

I go inside to have a little chat with her and she was in back of the gym with a bunch of little girls and I figured as mad as I was it might be best to leave. On the way out I told her secretary that I appreciate D***a calling me and letting me know the grass had been cut with gas 4 bucks a gallon and it took me 8 to get there and I would be mailing them a bill.

I feel likem this is just totally rude, disrespectful and a sorry excuse for someone to do us like this! And this was one of the very few times I did not use a contract that I started doing after finding this site. Lesson learned, use contracts and by god make the clients back it up!

Funny thing is I never liked this lady the very first second I met her, the old gut instinct. You could tell she was a snobby high class person.

Scagguy
06-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Sounds like your daughter will be having a new gymnastic teacher very soon.

Liquidfast
06-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Its amazing what peoples perception does. If you speak to her, you might find that she wasn't happy with the service....or she just had some free time.

I used to jump to conclusions, now I speak with people first then figure out a resolution.

Good luck

zemzabob
06-19-2008, 08:18 PM
All I can say is Super Soaker and Round Up.

Chris G
06-19-2008, 08:37 PM
All I can say is Super Soaker and Round Up.

yeh sounds like a great idea!!

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
06-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Well contract or not,itz not worth the paper itz wrote with residential,i know you are mad.

tamadrummer
06-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Should have gone with your gut on this one man.

Those people are worthless! She figures her skills at tumbling are more valuable than yours at beautifying her property. Her brick and mortar bills are more than important than your equipment costs and consumable costs.

She is a completely valueless person in the world I live in and personally my son would not be enrolled in her school for a second longer!!

Good Luck with this!

fastcat
06-19-2008, 09:59 PM
sounds like round up might be doing her a favor. do something that would make it grow un controlably or get a lot of crabgrass bulbs and set them free.

QualityLawnCare4u
06-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Its amazing what peoples perception does. If you speak to her, you might find that she wasn't happy with the service....or she just had some free time.

I used to jump to conclusions, now I speak with people first then figure out a resolution.

Good luck

Liquidfast, don't know how she could be unhappy with the sevice. The parking lot/sidewalk was full of weeds growing through the cracks, weeds around building had never been weedeated. Parking lot full of trash and when I finished it was in prestine condition. Whoever did it did not get to within two feet of the building, no weedeating, mowed over the trash, did not blow off parking lot and left grass turds all over the yard. I double cut it just to get rid of the clumps, I can not stand to leave grass clumps in a yard.

QualityLawnCare4u
06-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Sounds like your daughter will be having a new gymnastic teacher very soon.

Actually she is the only gymnastic teacher in the area. Well know and travels to competion quite often. They are going to Disney World on July 2nd for competition. She is just one of these kind that is an arrogant, rude, snob.

Grits
06-19-2008, 10:44 PM
I don't like to barter, and I don't anymore. Always problems.

johnnybravo8802
06-19-2008, 10:49 PM
I've done horse trading before and I get boned every time. I swapped for an add about 1.5 yrs. ago when the lady doing the add is the one who suggested it. I went to her yard to see it thinking it was about 1/2 to 3/4 acre yard and it ended up being 4 acres!!!! Like a fool, I took it on and she did the add and we went all summer doing this. I'd mow just around the house each week and the entire yard every two weeks. She also said that she had 5 friends interested in my service and blew smoke up my rear like this all summer(my wife kept warning me this was happening but I'm too nice). She got her grass cut all summer and I received exactly 2 calls from the add!!!!!What a bunch of crock. On top of that, she wanted me to do a couple of extras like cut a tree down for her, etc. and when I told her I'd have to charge her, she raised H@@@ and said that she had done some freebies on my add. Well, I never asked her to do that and I had agreed to only mow grass. I really got reamed. Any horse trading or sub-contracting blows up in my face everytime!!:cry::cry:

G.M.Landscaping
06-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Should have gone with your gut on this one man.

Those people are worthless! She figures her skills at tumbling are more valuable than yours at beautifying her property. Her brick and mortar bills are more than important than your equipment costs and consumable costs.

She is a completely valueless person in the world I live in and personally my son would not be enrolled in her school for a second longer!!

Good Luck with this!

Agreed 100%

QualityLawnCare4u
06-19-2008, 10:58 PM
I don't like to barter, and I don't anymore. Always problems.

I agree 100% and the only reason I did it was to ease off on my daughters bill some. I guess I was cutting into her luxury car and house budget.

QualityLawnCare4u
06-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Agreed 100%

I also agree with that 100%. These kind of people look down on our profession because they think "anyone" with a 2nd grade education can do it.