PDA

View Full Version : looking for info on the exmark 48 metro

snapper
06-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Dont need any belt versus hydro arguments. I have run both used both and prefer the belt drive. My gravely is toast, the deere is not making me happy. I really like the looks of the 48 metro. I love the ecs grips. But i see from looking at the manaul that all the belts have to adjusted, versus what i am use to which is all spring loaded idlers. How much of an issue is it keeping the trans and mainly deck belt in adjustment? I like the idea of a fixed deck because i mainly mow one height. But how is the cut? On the deere the thicker higher grass it will just not chew it up but it will throw it out like no tomorrow, but because of that it is unstoppable in high grass. Even if you mow it twice it will not chew it up any better. My gravely, which was the current generation, really chewed it up and slung it out. Will the exmark mow any thing like the gravely i was use to? Okay so basically opinions on the cut and ecs controls is what i am looking for. I want some thing that cuts good, wont leave stringers, will sling the grass out for a good dispersant. I want to mow midly high, twice if i have to, and leave and cut i will be proud of. Will the metro deck do what i am wanting to do? I need some real world experience on the cut of this mower. This would be a big purchase that i dont want to regret. So how does the cut stack up? Can it leave the cut i am looking for?

later chris

delphied
06-19-2008, 09:27 PM
You need to try one but I was told by an operator that had all Exmarks from WB to Zturns that all Exmarks cut the same. That is they all give an excellent cut. Some people dont like the Triton decks but thats because of clumping and dispersal in heavy grass. With the Metro, you get the older Tri vantage and I was told it is a great deck. As for the ECS, it must be good as they havent changed it. I plan to buy a TTHP with absolutely no worries about cut or the ECS controls and it shares the same deck as the Metro. My feeling is that Exmark is the best across the board and I have the dreaded Triton deck on my 66 Lazer.

david shumaker
06-19-2008, 09:44 PM
I have a 36" Metro belt drive. I leave it on the same height that it came with from the factory. It appears to be about 3 1/2 inches. It cuts dry grass nicely. When I cut thick wet grass, the deck clogs fast and it takes too much time to adjust height.... have to take blades off and change the washers. It's easy to clean the deck. Just tilt the mower back and put front up on a cinder block or whatever is available when you are cutting. I haven't had to adjust belts and from reading the manual, don't really understand how they are suppose to be adjusted. I use the riding mower mostly now, because I got tired of walking so much. I can cut slopes with the Metro that I can't cut with the riding mower.

browningv308
06-19-2008, 10:52 PM
hey i have the metro hp 48 this has the floating deck and belt drive i bought this mower as a1 year old dealer demo with a as new warranty 2 years bumper to bumper my first year the shifting fork in the trans locked up they replaced the trans no problems dealer said this probably came from the loaners shifting on the go as for cut quality as long as the blades are sharp it cuts like a champ it does clog in wet grass but its easy enough to clean between jobs if the grass is over a foot long i do have to cut twice but have little raking to do i just installed a set of gator blades so will have to wait till next year to see if they help in tall and wet grass over all i would buy this mower again hope this helps