PDA

View Full Version : Mower demo days.

meets1
06-19-2008, 10:22 PM
First I run all toro. New machine this year, 525 hours - pump let go. Toro Rep tells Dealer that I should of had shock something or other on these pumps ($125 option to me) cuz I run the DFS bagger and that creates extra weight therefore extra wear/tear of hydros. Toro says they will split half the bill - like what is warrenty for. I have 3 other mowers like this all with 750 - 1500 hours and never had an issue with a one - but this one machine is special!

So I need a mower to use. I go to the BOBCAT / kubota dealer. He handles Kubota, Dixon, Hustler.

After two days of trying machines - Hustler.

Dixon - no good. Hated it. Light deck, mowing was terrible, just hated the thing. This had a generic looking honda 25 hp on it and I think it was called a kodiak or so.

Kubota had a 20 something diesel and 60 deck. Very quiet and smooth running but I do not like the controls, I don't like sitting up that high in the air, and really wasn't impressed with the mowing job it did.

Hustler was decent. It had a 25 kawa engine, 60 deck. Smooth, fast - to fast for mowing but fast travel time. It is the longest of machines, rear discharge which is nice cuz the grass isn't blowing on you but then again - we bag alot our clients.

So for those 3 machines - my vote is for the hustler.

Now to get the toro fixed!!