PDA

View Full Version : first major injury

SchultzLawnCare
06-20-2008, 01:34 AM
Well yesterday i was moving toward the front of the trailer and i pushed up on a HOT muffler that has been running constantly for 1.5 hours. I got 1st 2nd and a little bit of 3rd degree burns. It was the most pain ive ever felt in my life. I have "hot" writen on my hand now. Just though i would left everyone know!

P.Services
06-20-2008, 01:41 AM
i think this one needs a pic to go with it. i had the same thing happen to me a few years ago, ended up with a 12''x12'' scar on my side.

SchultzLawnCare
06-20-2008, 01:42 AM
ill take a pic next time i change my wrap on my hand...

Ford2000
06-20-2008, 06:55 AM
I've done it,hurts like hell.

Charles
06-20-2008, 07:40 AM
Oh yea, I have touched a hot muffler before just out of reflex action--Instant intense pain and blisters:cry:

cgaengineer
06-20-2008, 07:55 AM
I will tell you that I feel for you...I dont think anything feels worse then a burn...especially a burn like that. Keep that baby clean...keep the wraps changed. It should heal nicely and with "hot" written in your hand you will look cool!!

the angler
06-20-2008, 08:03 AM
i had a buddy help me one day when i was behind first thing he did after cutting a huge property was reach out and lean on the mower ...yup put his hand right on the muffler...

zemzabob
06-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Oh man that has to hurt I feel for ya man.

topsites
06-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Oh, I thought you'd cut off a limb like an arm or a leg or something...

Thou I do agree the pain of such a burn is worthy of mention.

BZACK
06-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Cant't imagine the level of pain. It hurts when I do something stupid in the kitchen!

Guy I used to work with cut one of his fingers off using Little Wonder hedge trimmers. He drove himself to the ER with his finger in a tissue.

Take care of your wound; infection is always a concern.

Bill

cgaengineer
06-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey! You are just like the Krispy Kreme sign you read "HOT"...

SchultzLawnCare
06-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Hey! You are just like the Krispy Kreme sign you read "HOT"...

hah ill have to remember that!

SamTheLawnMan
06-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Where are the pics!!!!!!!!:confused:

Richard Martin
06-20-2008, 03:42 PM
I've been burning my hands since I was 12 years old. The first time was on a red hot briggs muffler. Some of the other interesting ways was grabbing ahold of a piece of steel where it had just been welded. Once I had a welders glove fill up with acetylene and then have a spark set it off.

As painfull as burns are crushes are the most painfull. I've only had one of those.

cgaengineer
06-20-2008, 04:21 PM
I've been burning my hands since I was 12 years old. The first time was on a red hot briggs muffler. Some of the other interesting ways was grabbing ahold of a piece of steel where it had just been welded. Once I had a welders glove fill up with acetylene and then have a spark set it off.

As painfull as burns are crushes are the most painfull. I've only had one of those.

And I had some slag fall down into the tongue of my tennis shoe...when I removed the shoe the slag rolled across the top my my foot...this was quite some time ago like 20 years or more ago.

JD657757
06-25-2008, 03:40 PM
yes please show a pic or 2 :drinkup:

LawnBrother
06-25-2008, 04:03 PM
I feel your pain, man. I was burned real bad a long time ago working in a restaurant. Slipped and knocked a big pot of boiling water on myself. A lot of the water filled up and soaked into my shoes and socks and got me good before I could get them off. Second and third degree burns on my arm and feet. Hurt a lot, and kept hurting for 2 months until it healed up and I could wear shoes again.
Man, typing all this out is like reliving it again. One thing I laugh about now, was when I was sitting in the hospital room on a bed in really bad pain. I was 17 so they wouldn't do anything until they contacted my Dad. So they just left me to sit there on that bed in pain, they didn't do anything! I was pissed, and I looked into an adjoining room and saw the nurse who brought me in earlier, stuffing her fat face with McDonald's. I said, "Excuse me, could you take a break from stuffing your face and at least bring me some ice water to soak my burned f****g limbs??" :laugh: I will never forget the look on her face when I said that, her mouth was all stuffed with food and her eyes were the size of half dollars! She did bring me some water immediately to soak my feet, but wouldn't bring me ice.
Anyway, sucks to hear about bad injuries like this. I am glad I haven't yet felt the evil wrath of my mower's exhaust.
Make sure you take care of that burn; keep it clean and change the dressings often.

Youngone07
06-25-2008, 04:09 PM
i had the same thing happen to me i touched the muffler and i had a huge burn mark, it got better

ponyboy
06-25-2008, 04:46 PM
i want to call you stupid but it happened to me a few years back, hope you heal up nicely and good luck