PDA

View Full Version : Stihl Kombi tools

jnrogers
06-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Has anyone tried the new stihl kombi tools with the 4 mix engines? I bought a kombi motor 110 last week with a straight edger and have only used it 4 times and now the stupid thing wont start.:cry: Taking it to the shop tomorrow. I am just worried I have bought a lemon. I have a bunch of other stihl stuff but never one problem. Are these 4 mixes any good?

Clapper&Company
06-20-2008, 09:57 PM
I love mine!

Every thing I own is the new 4mix now there great I think.

I got every Attch they make

Icepuck72
06-20-2008, 09:57 PM
I have a FS90 4 mix and love it to death. Hardly have to choke it, never have to prime it. Hopefully it's something silly with yours.

Roger
06-21-2008, 06:12 AM
I bought an FS90R about ten days ago. It starts better than any other hand-held OPE I have owned. It needs one choke on the first job of the day, starts on that first pull. All the rest of the starts during the day, no choke, and starts on first pull. I have had to learn to expect it to start on the first pull -- not the case with any other hand-held.

Clapper&Company
06-21-2008, 06:14 AM
I bought an FS90R about ten days ago. It starts better than any other hand-held OPE I have owned. It needs one choke on the first job of the day, starts on that first pull. All the rest of the starts during the day, no choke, and starts on first pull. I have had to learn to expect it to start on the first pull -- not the case with any other hand-held.
Same here, if it takes more then 2 pulls somethings wrong!

bowhunter74
06-21-2008, 11:09 AM
I just got the FS130 4MIX bike handle, it's a BEAST. The fuel line fell of in the tank, but it was an easy fix in the field.

cgaengineer
06-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Has anyone tried the new stihl kombi tools with the 4 mix engines? I bought a kombi motor 110 last week with a straight edger and have only used it 4 times and now the stupid thing wont start.:cry: Taking it to the shop tomorrow. I am just worried I have bought a lemon. I have a bunch of other stihl stuff but never one problem. Are these 4 mixes any good?

I bet you $10 its the fuel line in the tank that fell off. Mine did the same thing about 45 minutes after I got it...since they fixed it (10 minute repair) I have had no problems.

jnrogers
06-21-2008, 07:54 PM
I bet you $10 its the fuel line in the tank that fell off. Mine did the same thing about 45 minutes after I got it...since they fixed it (10 minute repair) I have had no problems.

Guess I owe you $10:laugh: My line fell off too. The mechanic at the shop told me they barely put them on at the factory. He put a tie on it and pushed it all the way on. Now this thing is running before I get the cord all the way out. I was worried yesterday that I bought a lemon. Never had one bad stihl product, and that is all I buy.

cgaengineer
06-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Guess I owe you $10:laugh: My line fell off too. The mechanic at the shop told me they barely put them on at the factory. He put a tie on it and pushed it all the way on. Now this thing is running before I get the cord all the way out. I was worried yesterday that I bought a lemon. Never had one bad stihl product, and that is all I buy.

We should all call Stihl and make them aware that this is a problem. Nothing pisses someone off more then spending a small fortune on something that breaks after 10 minutes use.

Glad they were able to fix it quickly. Keep the $10 and get yourself some Stihl Ultra oil (White Bottle).

Youngone07
06-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Same problem, I bought my FS 90 R last thursday, brought it home, went right to work. However i only had four lawns that day, so not that much trimming compared to normal, and the next day wouldnt start, took it to the dealer, quick fix no more than ten minutes later i had a brushcutter on it purrrrinnggg!!!! Hahah but now no problems, and demolishes everything in it's path ! What a beast, but a phone call would be a good idea

jnrogers
06-22-2008, 01:04 PM
We should all call Stihl and make them aware that this is a problem. Nothing pisses someone off more then spending a small fortune on something that breaks after 10 minutes use.

Glad they were able to fix it quickly. Keep the $10 and get yourself some Stihl Ultra oil (White Bottle).

Yeah I was pissed off when it wouldnt start. The mechanic at the stihl dealership told me that mine was the last one he is fixing for free, he said next time one came in he is filling out warranty paper work and making stihl pay for it. Maybe then they will start putting that fuel line on better. Yeah and I am going to use the ultra oil, ive heard it is amazing.

Roger
06-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Having just bought an FS90R about 10 days ago, I will know what to look for if I have a problem.

But, will somebody be more specific about the problem? Is the fuel line on the outside of the tank, running from the tank to the carb? Or, is the line inside the tank? What is the procedure for making the fix? Does the fuel tank need to be removed?

Thanks.

jnrogers
06-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Having just bought an FS90R about 10 days ago, I will know what to look for if I have a problem.

But, will somebody be more specific about the problem? Is the fuel line on the outside of the tank, running from the tank to the carb? Or, is the line inside the tank? What is the procedure for making the fix? Does the fuel tank need to be removed?

Thanks.

It is the line inside the tank with the filter on the end. if you can get your hands in there you can slide it back on. It is better to take the tank off pop the little base area where the two lines come out of the top of the tank, reinstall the line all the way on the nipple, even put a tie on mine. Be sure when you install that little base plate back on the tank you dont bust it, a deep well socket works as a good punch here. Sounds like a lot but it is really an easy fix. Take it apart and you will see what I mean.

GravelyNut
06-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Many have come in with that problem. Stihl issued an order on them and they pay the warranty bill if the dealer sends it in.

Roger
06-22-2008, 08:18 PM
jnrogers, ... thanks. That is good information. I understand the problem -- been there with the line inside the tank on my other Stihl gear.