PDA

View Full Version : Walker MFG stepped up to the plate.

Itsgottobegreen
06-21-2008, 12:57 AM
Well I would like to stay Walker mowers and GHS distributors haved stepped up to the plate. I have a 62" SD deck for my walker. Its since I have had it left a slighty uncut strip of grass on the left hand side. Well during the season the thicker the grass got the worst is got. 56" of the deck cut better than a reel mower and 6" didn't look like it was cut at all. Well after numerous trips to my dealers for mods. I told them, I am not happy. That I had customers flat up tell me to get another mower to cut their yards or they would get someone else. So what did they do. Told me, they would take my 62" back no question asked. Then give me a 74" SD deck or a 56" deck and a check for the price difference. My choice. Not many other manufacturer would have done this. I have owned mowers from 11 manufacturer and never had anything like this happen when I had an issue with a mower. As many of you know, it took me chewing out the VP of kubota to get my ZD-28 fixed.

You should have seen how upset they where when I told them I was cutting with my trusty 7 year old 52" stander instead of my 60 day old walker so I wouldn't loose accounts.

So now, got to decide which one I want. Anybody got a 56" or a 74" deck.

Firefighter337
06-21-2008, 01:01 AM
This is great added reassurance. I bought my 23 horse 42" GHS. I called the company and spoke with someone in there customer service with a warranty issue. They were super nice and I look forward to calling back.

johnnyusa
06-21-2008, 04:18 PM
go with the 56" Iwas told by rep whos used them all that the 56" is the best cutting deck of them all. The rest of the sd decks besides the super B 60" are for mowing fields.

bigclawn
06-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Walker has always been a fine company to deal with.

We have never had problems with the 52 or 62 " decks at all. We do quite a bit of high visibility mowing with the 62" deck. The gear drive decks are great for finish mowing but do not perform well in wet or heavier growth, where the 52, 62 and the newer Super B are really good.

2stroke
06-21-2008, 09:55 PM
anything nice to say about the 52" GHS deck?

bigclawn
06-21-2008, 10:07 PM
we think it's a fine finish mower and also does well on those properties we only do every 2 weeks! virtually bullet proof