PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki in the U.S.???

Kawazuki
06-21-2008, 03:10 AM
Why no Kawasaki brush cutters in the U.S.??

After reading a lot of post's here and else where I recently bought a Kawasaki KGT-27A trimmer, Loooove it :clapping:

Only bad thing I can say about it is it spinĎs backwards :laugh: but donít they all now. (yep my last trimmer was a homelite ST275 :usflag: kept it as long as I could)

I'm a Stihl guy at heart and I was originally looking at a FS100RX, but after doing some research and checking them out in hand I decided to give the Kawi a go. (lighter, cheaper, more power, better balance, same (or better) build quality) I have to say I'm really impressed with this little trimmer, I'd recommend it to anybody looking in that range. I was so impressed that I decided to give the rest of their line a try and I picked up the KBR750B blower today, all I can say is.......... brick hockey anyone. :laugh:

My original plan was to get a small light loop handle for the trimming and a bigger heavier brush cutter to do some clearing work. I was originally thinking an FS100RX/FS350 combo but after being so impressed with the KGT trimmer and the KBR750 blower I really wanted to check out a big Kawasaki brush cutter problem is they donít sell them here in the U.S. :confused:

I see they have the KBH series (34/43/48) available over across the pond but nothing for us over here??? It looks like the KBH-34 was available here at one time but is not listed in any of the current catalogues. Why would they make a product like that and not put it on the American market?

I'd really like to get a KBH-48A, and even with shipping coming from the UK and the dollar down to the Euro the Kawi is around 250.00-300.00 less than the Stihl FS350 and has slightly more power for slightly less weight, but so far I havenít found anybody willing to ship one over here.

Anybody know why they arenít available here .....EPA?? Anybody know if Kawasaki is planning to bring them here in the near future?

Anybody know of anyway I can get my hands on a KBH-48A?? Maybe a special order, or a company in the UK that will ship overseas??

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Frontier-Lawn
06-22-2008, 11:06 AM
try ebay for the uk and see if you can get it shipped to you.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/?_trksid=m37

Kawazuki
06-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the reply Frontier,
(62 views and no reply's I was beginning to think there was no love for the Kawasaki's :laugh:)

Been searching Fleabay UK (and Australia) for three weeks now, I have asked every seller listing a KBH48A and all I get is "sorry can't help". I'll keep trying though somebodyís bound to ship one eventually.

I got to looking does anybody know if the John Deere XT250BLE is a Kawi KBH43???

Looks like it could possibly be but some things don't quite match up. Looks like it may have been "inspired" by the Kawasaki. :laugh:

Thanks again for the reply.

GrassBustersLawn
06-22-2008, 11:52 AM
I purchased 2 KGT-27A trimmers this year. So far they have held up great & the guys love them. (I've only touched them twice, so can't give my personal opinion.) I bought mine thru LESCO (now John Deere Landscapes).

Frontier-Lawn
06-22-2008, 12:50 PM
if i remember right jd has redmax make them.