PDA

View Full Version : SOLO----%'s

David C.
06-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Not counting repairs and necessary purchases---what's been the %'s of gross for gasoline??

My gasoline expense is averaging 12%----wondering how I could trim that %???

LwnmwrMan22
06-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Mine hovers around 15-20% if you wanted to take out repairs, which I don't understand that thought.

There's no way to trim it, unless you're doing like I, and no longer running your blower.

You have to be more careful, which means you're probably using more gas in the trimmer and mower, so it's a wash.

Everyone keeps saying "drive less, gas will go down". There's too many industries that depend on gas / diesel that cannot drive less, such as ours.

The only thing you can do, which alot of people are trying to do with purchasing a new / different car, is get more efficient. However, most likely the money that you're going to save from 1.2 gallons per hour to 1 gallon per hour, isn't going to make up the cost of the new mower, trimmer, whatever you're going to purchase.

Eat it, move on.

windsory
06-21-2008, 10:41 AM
4.9% for just mowers, trimmers, blowers.

lawnprosteveo
06-21-2008, 11:02 AM
About 20%....for everything

Richard Martin
06-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Around 14% split about 40-60 between the mowers and truck. I'm looking at options on the truck to reduce that fuel cost including downsizing the trailer to increase mileage on the truck. If I can pick up 3 MPG on the truck that will lower my fill ups by $16.00 each. The payoff on a $600 used 6X12 is about one year at $4 a gallon.

MJB
06-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Around 14% split about 40-60 between the mowers and truck. I'm looking at options on the truck to reduce that fuel cost including downsizing the trailer to increase mileage on the truck. If I can pick up 3 MPG on the truck that will lower my fill ups by $16.00 each. The payoff on a $600 used 6X12 is about one year at $4 a gallon.

I am going to try this in about 2 weeks. I'm putting it on a 1999 Ford F150
that gets about 12 average pulling a trailer and 16 on the hiway no trailer.
My goal is get get my mileage up to 16 pulling my mowers around. For those who are running older trucks older than 1996, this is a no brainer slap on the device an pick up power and fuel mieage overnite. I ordered the books and found people who are better than me at making these devices.
http://water4gas.com/2books.htm?hop=justadd

S L C
06-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Not counting repairs and necessary purchases---what's been the %'s of gross for gasoline??

My gasoline expense is averaging 12%----wondering how I could trim that %???

Roughly 12.5% for me as well, give or take......

JohnnyCuts
06-22-2008, 07:36 PM
For those who are running older trucks older than 1996, this is a no brainer slap on the device an pick up power and fuel mieage overnite. I ordered the books and found people who are better than me at making these devices.

MJB, that's some interesting stuff. Let us know how it works for you.

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Last year I spent 8% of gross on fuel - and that's ALL fuel (even my wife's). This year should be same with my fuel surcharge.

TimsLawnCareVA
06-22-2008, 09:40 PM
My goal is get get my mileage up to 16 pulling my mowers around. For those who are running older trucks older than 1996, this is a no brainer slap on the device an pick up power and fuel mieage overnite. I ordered the books and found people who are better than me at making these devices.

I have been an auto technician for 12 years and there is no way that could work. I have read many articles on the scams people are using to make money off of people trying to save fuel. But if you want to throw your money away, go right ahead. Just remember I told you so.

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-22-2008, 10:08 PM
I have been an auto technician for 12 years and there is no way that could work. I have read many articles on the scams people are using to make money off of people trying to save fuel. But if you want to throw your money away, go right ahead. Just remember I told you so.

I know we all WANT something better - but he's right. If this technology worked it'd be exploited by every mechanic shop, tire/lube express in the country. It's BS.

Lawn-Scapes
06-22-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm in the neighborhood of 10%. $30-35 per day for equip & $75 per week for truck.

MJB
06-22-2008, 11:57 PM

You will eat those words. There are clubs doing this in every major city comparing and improving design. I think you are jumping to conclusions and need to be a little more open minded. But believe what you want to.

TimsLawnCareVA
06-23-2008, 09:34 AM
I agree, some one will eventually come out with something that will work and be mass produced and installed on new vehicles from the factory, but you are looking at 10-20 years before we will see it. That solution will more than likely be electric and not an ad-on for gasoline. you must also remember that whatever you put on your vehicle must register correctly with your computer or you accomplish nothing and end up doing more damage than good.

coif_kid
06-23-2008, 03:44 PM
I feel bad for you guys big time. I use probably 4% for fuel. I drive less than one km for every $10 I gross, so that is 2% for the truck and maybe one - two percent for the mowers.

me.
06-23-2008, 04:05 PM
i dont see how using water in a engine is sufficent power..you cant use water as it is i dont think? right? i think you have to split the hydrogen mol. and oxygen mol. apart?? and that should take just as much gasoline as a normal car..unless something else is spliting them, which is possible.

that is just what i hear (that you would have to split them).

but i get 22 mpg pulling my 12' trailer with my standard ford ranger. but probably 10% or so is to fuel

MowHouston
06-23-2008, 04:13 PM
8% on fuel here. Truck and equipment.

logical
06-23-2008, 04:24 PM

It only works with bottled water. A 16 oz bottle is $1, so water is $8/gallon.

Somebody really needs to tell the Fire department about this too so they can avoid spraying such a high quality fuel on house fires.

lawnspecialties
06-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Right around 12%-14% for all fuel expenses here.

MJB
06-23-2008, 07:45 PM
I agree, some one will eventually come out with something that will work and be mass produced and installed on new vehicles from the factory, but you are looking at 10-20 years before we will see it. That solution will more than likely be electric and not an ad-on for gasoline. you must also remember that whatever you put on your vehicle must register correctly with your computer or you accomplish nothing and end up doing more damage than good.

This is still in experimental stages thats why garages an mechanincs have not heard about it yet. I would not start out putting this device on a new car, they work great on pre 1996 vehicles. Mine is a 1999 and I will be installing a map sensor enhancer to trick the computer , so it does not start dumping more fuel when the sensors react to the improved fuel mileage from the hydrogen gas. I will be able to control it , and will not let it get to lean, and also will not let it dump fuel thereby wasting a lot of money.

MJB
06-23-2008, 07:53 PM

Somebody really needs to tell the Fire department about this too so they can avoid spraying such a high quality fuel on house fires.

Yes It works on distilled water and a little baking soda as the catylist. When you put an electrical current in with the water an soda , the water starts bubbling and turns out a browns gas which runs through a tube into your air duct and vacumn line. This is a mini hydrogen generator and is being run in thousands of cars.

So yes water can put out fires and improve your vehicles performance and fuel mileage. By the way 1 qt of water will last for hundreds of miles usually around 900 if I'm not mistaken.

MJB
06-23-2008, 08:05 PM
I know we all WANT something better - but he's right. If this technology worked it'd be exploited by every mechanic shop, tire/lube express in the country. It's BS.

This is still very much in the experimental stages. But enough people are having success with it that it's worth looking into. If this went on the market as a product to save you $$ on fuel, what do you think would happen ? It would suddenly dissapear just as has happened to every other invention that has come along that worked. So this is the knowledge to do it yourself safely, if enough people know the technoligy it won't be stopped.

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-23-2008, 08:25 PM
This is still very much in the experimental stages. But enough people are having success with it that it's worth looking into. If this went on the market as a product to save you $$ on fuel, what do you think would happen ? It would suddenly dissapear just as has happened to every other invention that has come along that worked. So this is the knowledge to do it yourself safely, if enough people know the technoligy it won't be stopped.

Well, my pessimism says you're pipe dreaming. My optimism hopes I'm somehow wrong. Give it a whirl and come back with some honest, unbiased results.

logical
06-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Yes It works on distilled water and a little baking soda as the catylist. When you put an electrical current in with the water an soda , the water starts bubbling and turns out a browns gas which runs through a tube into your air duct and vacumn line. This is a mini hydrogen generator and is being run in thousands of cars.

So yes water can put out fires and improve your vehicles performance and fuel mileage. By the way 1 qt of water will last for hundreds of miles usually around 900 if I'm not mistaken.

Now if you could just find a place online to get a sense of humor...........

topsites
06-24-2008, 12:27 PM
You will eat those words. There are clubs doing this in every major city comparing and improving design. I think you are jumping to conclusions and need to be a little more open minded. But believe what you want to.

First I see folks heating up their intake, they claim this increases mpg.
> What this actually does, if anything, is govern the engine.
- These folks would've been as well off using a lighter foot.

Then, they install these fancy water-injection systems which...
You guessed it, cool the intake back down...
What did we gain?
Seeing how water has zero energy content, the answer is absolutely nothing.

What else I see is most folks racing, this is herd mentality, hurry up!
And wait...
Now NOW hurry hurry!!!
Ok ok, have to wait again...

Why not just stick a block of wood underneath the throttle pedal?
Better yet, learn to drive.

This, however, answers my question as to why Detroit finds it necessary to produce either severely under or stupidly over powered vehicles. If they actually made something that got good mileage and had decent power I don't think most folks would know what to do... Which, come to think of it, those kind of vehicles do exist :p

MJB
06-24-2008, 08:09 PM
First I see folks heating up their intake, they claim this increases mpg.
> What this actually does, if anything, is govern the engine.
- These folks would've been as well off using a lighter foot.

Then, they install these fancy water-injection systems which...
You guessed it, cool the intake back down...
What did we gain?

What else I see is most folks racing, this is herd mentality, hurry up!
And wait...
Now NOW hurry hurry!!!
Ok ok, have to wait again...

Why not just stick a block of wood underneath the throttle pedal?
Better yet, learn to drive.

This, however, answers my question as to why Detroit finds it necessary to produce either severely under or stupidly over powered vehicles. If they actually made something that got good mileage and had decent power I don't think most folks would know what to do... Which, come to think of it, those kind of vehicles do exist :p

This isn't water injection this delivers a small amount of hydrogen gas into the engine to stop it from wasting fuel. Increases engine performance. Gas is garbage today ethanol is not the answer this makes your engine burn cleaner waste less fuel improving performance and mileage.

MJB
06-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Now if you could just find a place online to get a sense of humor...........

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Like you ???

Richard Martin
06-25-2008, 04:29 AM
What did we gain?

The components of water has huge energy contents. You just need to be able to release the energy which is what this device claims to do in a roundabout sort of way. A little bit of hydrogen goes a long ways especially when the energy is released rapidly.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines07/images/0302-01.jpg

coif_kid
07-11-2008, 09:14 PM
I don't even know if this is worth my time, but... if you are using water... WHAT ARE THE BY PRODUCTS. What does the H2O covert to to release the hydrogen.

Let me put this in the best terms possible... water has relatively little energy in it other wise it would decompose to something else. When something has energy in it, it will transform to something else fairly quickly that has less energy in it (why iron rusts for example). Well, you're probably saying gasoline doesn't decompose, but gasoline does decompose very quickly when it is released into the general environment (hence dirty gasoline). I'm probably wasting my time on this.

whoopassonthebluegrass
07-12-2008, 01:17 AM
If it worked it would've been massively exploited looooooong ago...

MJB
07-14-2008, 01:30 AM
Go to u tube and search for hydrogen generators, or water 4 gas, or just do a search on water 4 gas research it before you go all negative about something that you really know little about. Check out browns gas. I don't have time to copy and paste it right now but the info out there if someone wants it.

Az Gardener
07-14-2008, 02:34 AM
MJB don,t take this the wrong way but you have been talking about this for over 3 weeks now what have you done to implement what you have learned? I hope you come back with a truthful answer even if it is I have been too busy to try it out yet. Which goes to the core of part of the problem... this stuff takes time. It is not being tested in a lab so there are numerous variables.

I think there is validity to this it just will take some persistence. Some unbiased info from a fellow lawn joc will go a long way to giving this system credibility. I don't have the time or the mechanical inclination to make such a system work. I have forwarded the link to my FIL who is retired and has above avg mechanical skills. He remembers some discussions about this system in the past. He also thinks it is valid but very unpredictable from some stories he recalls. He will be looking into this on my behalf. If I learn anything I will share on the water for gas thread.

Green' Go
07-14-2008, 02:40 AM

Hope its not a 4x4, or extended cab or a longbed. Mine gets 13.5 on the open highway with the cruise set with no trailer. 12 in town empty truck and no trailer.

MJB
07-14-2008, 10:44 AM
MJB don,t take this the wrong way but you have been talking about this for over 3 weeks now what have you done to implement what you have learned? I hope you come back with a truthful answer even if it is I have been too busy to try it out yet. Which goes to the core of part of the problem... this stuff takes time. It is not being tested in a lab so there are numerous variables.

I think there is validity to this it just will take some persistence. Some unbiased info from a fellow lawn joc will go a long way to giving this system credibility. I don't have the time or the mechanical inclination to make such a system work. I have forwarded the link to my FIL who is retired and has above avg mechanical skills. He remembers some discussions about this system in the past. He also thinks it is valid but very unpredictable from some stories he recalls. He will be looking into this on my behalf. If I learn anything I will share on the water for gas thread.

Unfortunately this has been a very hectic time for me. I've been demoing mowers and trying to get those problems resolved before I can put any more time into this project. I have the hydrogen generator and the map sensor enhancer on my desk instead of in my truck. I hope to get it installed in the next few weeks if possible. But on my truck I have no extra space and this will take me a little more time to install properly. Its an easy installation on some vehicles but not mine. I am excited to try it but my business comes first. I have been keeping records of my fuel mileage pulling my trailer so once I get it on my truck I will have some numbers to compare it with. So far my average mpg is 11 which really hurts at the pump each week. Plus my truck is pinging more and more with the bad gas we are getting. So I'm hoping to see improvement there also.

LawnMastersTx
07-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Wow I must not be charging enough or I do not have high expenses in other places. My gas bill is the highest bill I pay each month averaging around 33% of my expenses. My gas bill is almost as much as my house payment. My other bills dont even come close, adding them all up might come within a $100 of my gas bill.

jrush
07-16-2008, 12:12 AM

LMFAO!!! I also worked as an auto tech for 7 years at Saab and Land Rover, this is like that beer can cut like a fan to improve mileage. If it really worked, all of the manufacturers would put it on oem and make millions. They don't for a reason.

MJB
07-16-2008, 02:27 AM
LMFAO!!! I also worked as an auto tech for 7 years at Saab and Land Rover, this is like that beer can cut like a fan to improve mileage. If it really worked, all of the manufacturers would put it on oem and make millions. They don't for a reason.

You really need to research this ..being a mechanic you will be surprised.
Utube HHO Generators there are some that are very good, and some not that helpful. Then go to ebay and search for hho generators and tell me it's all hype. Hydrogen cars are being developed now but this is just a way for you to increase your mpg and save money until they resolve the gas prices one way or another.

Chilehead
07-16-2008, 02:31 AM
20%. I may just get a new truck, which would reduce it to 15%.

David Haggerty
07-16-2008, 07:48 AM
My fuel expense is a little over 10% for both mowers & truck. The truck takes the most. So I limit my speed to 55 mph. The truck gets a little over 10 mpg instead of a little under 10.

hackitdown
07-16-2008, 08:11 AM
I spend about 10 or 12%. I have a Chevy 2500 6.0, pulling a 16' open dual axle. I mow about 36 lawns per week.

MJB
07-19-2008, 02:17 AM

OK I'll give you an update even though I have not run this very far yet. I put on the hho generator a couple of days ago and run it like I normally do. Gas up at the same station same pump. My gas mileage increased fron 11.5 to 16.79 on my first try. I'm excited...enough now that I'm looking into installing up to 3 of these on 1 truck to increase the performance. Just wanted to give you an update, I have no reason to lie I'm not making any money off this. Even though I have spent $100 to research it and over a hundred to get one put on my truck. I think it will be more than worth it. I want one on everything I drive and next yr I'll have it on my mowers if possible.

Richard Martin
07-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Can we see some pics of your installation? I am seriously interested in this. My F-150 is pre-OBD2 so the install should be very easy.

I've done everything I can to this truck to increase the mileage. I even installed $500 worth of radial trailer tires. So far my net mileage increase is about .5 MPG.

Az Gardener
07-19-2008, 11:20 AM
OK I'll give you an update even though I have not run this very far yet. I put on the hho generator a couple of days ago and run it like I normally do. Gas up at the same station same pump. My gas mileage increased fron 11.5 to 16.79 on my first try. I'm excited...enough now that I'm looking into installing up to 3 of these on 1 truck to increase the performance. Just wanted to give you an update, I have no reason to lie I'm not making any money off this. Even though I have spent $100 to research it and over a hundred to get one put on my truck. I think it will be more than worth it. I want one on everything I drive and next yr I'll have it on my mowers if possible.

Thanks for the update, that's something good to wake up to on a sat morning. I have to get on my FIL he has been off mining titanium for the last few days.

MJB
07-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Can we see some pics of your installation? I am seriously interested in this. My F-150 is pre-OBD2 so the install should be very easy.

I've done everything I can to this truck to increase the mileage. I even installed $500 worth of radial trailer tires. So far my net mileage increase is about .5 MPG.

I'll get some pics later. I have some of the device. I had to install it behind my license plate in front of the radiator because there was just no other place to put it on this truck. Normally you would want to be able to open the hood and just look down in front of the radiator and be able to access the top so it you can fill it up easier. But mine takes about 5 minutes to take out and refill probably once per month. As you can see in the pictures this one was made of stuff you can buy at most hardware stores. Just fill it up with distilled water and I started out with 3 teaspoons of baking soda.

This one is for testing purposes I can see many ways of improving it already.

mag360
07-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Interesting.
We have a few diesels and I am thinking of going to water/meth injection (one of them needs the power gains anyway). The trick is keeping it idiot-proof to operate for the drivers.

MJB
07-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Interesting.
We have a few diesels and I am thinking of going to water/meth injection (one of them needs the power gains anyway). The trick is keeping it idiot-proof to operate for the drivers.

I have seen them on big rigs in pictures, I'm not sure how you hook it up , probably just run it in behind the aircleaner as this creates a gas, not a liquid.
I watched a video of someone igniting the gas as they put the hose from the hho gen into a glass of water. Using a torch the bubbles would ignite and make a poping sound.

dura to the max
07-19-2008, 12:58 PM
so where did you order from? what exactly did you do to the truck? and what kind of truck is it?

Richard Martin
07-20-2008, 07:53 AM
OK I'll give you an update even though I have not run this very far yet. I put on the hho generator a couple of days ago and run it like I normally do. Gas up at the same station same pump. My gas mileage increased fron 11.5 to 16.79 on my first try.

MJB, please excuse me if I'm a bit skeptical but this is the Internet and anybody can say whatever they like without proof.

Which generator did you buy and from which merchant?

MJB
07-20-2008, 11:29 AM
MJB, please excuse me if I'm a bit skeptical but this is the Internet and anybody can say whatever they like without proof.

Which generator did you buy and from which merchant?

I don't blame you for being skeptical. But I would encourage you to do more research on HHO generators as there is a ton of info on the net. Utube has video's showing how to build and how they work. I did a little research and started emailing and calling several distributors I found to find an inexpensive generator that would be effective for my truck. Truth is now there are a lot of them for sale and each week I see the quality and craftmanship getting better as larger companies get involved. I'll PM you the website I bought mine from. I am still testing this one. I have since learned that my truck being a Ford is one that doesn't have a map sensor so I can't install a map sensor enhancer on it to keep my computer from dumping more fuel after about 50 miles of good gas mileage. So I have some mechanics who are into hydrogen cars helping me install a very simple fix to trick the O2 sensors, I hope to have that done on tuesday. Most vehicles have the MAP sensor and if you do, you have to get the map sensor enhancer which is a fairly simple installation.

Richard Martin
07-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Did you use the dual feed with check valves? I did order the system that you sent me a link to. I just wanted to know how yours is hooked up. I have a '95 F-150 5.0 with Mass Air (no map sensor) and was planning on trying the foil around the O2 sensor fix.

MJB
07-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Did you use the dual feed with check valves? I did order the system that you sent me a link to. I just wanted to know how yours is hooked up. I have a '95 F-150 5.0 with Mass Air (no map sensor) and was planning on trying the foil around the O2 sensor fix.

No mine is not a duel feed, I have mine going into the PCV vacumn line. If you have a 95 chances are you won't need anything else but the the electrolyzer and the foil trick on the 02 sensors.

MJB
07-20-2008, 06:14 PM

Which unit did you purchase so I can compare with mine ? PM the info to me.

dura to the max
07-21-2008, 12:28 AM
I don't blame you for being skeptical. But I would encourage you to do more research on HHO generators as there is a ton of info on the net. Utube has video's showing how to build and how they work. I did a little research and started emailing and calling several distributors I found to find an inexpensive generator that would be effective for my truck. Truth is now there are a lot of them for sale and each week I see the quality and craftmanship getting better as larger companies get involved. I'll PM you the website I bought mine from. I am still testing this one. I have since learned that my truck being a Ford is one that doesn't have a map sensor so I can't install a map sensor enhancer on it to keep my computer from dumping more fuel after about 50 miles of good gas mileage. So I have some mechanics who are into hydrogen cars helping me install a very simple fix to trick the O2 sensors, I hope to have that done on tuesday. Most vehicles have the MAP sensor and if you do, you have to get the map sensor enhancer which is a fairly simple installation.

can you pm me the info about the map sensor and foil trick?

Az Gardener
07-21-2008, 01:19 AM
C,mon fellas, whats with all the PM's? Share the wealth here. I been typing my fingers to the bone for the last hour to explain up front contracts for employees. The least you can do is help me out with my fuel mileage.

MJB
07-21-2008, 01:46 AM
C,mon fellas, whats with all the PM's? Share the wealth here. I been typing my fingers to the bone for the last hour to explain up front contracts for employees. The least you can do is help me out with my fuel mileage.

Were trying to get all the bugs worked out before before blabbing to much about it. But it using a hydrogen generator that pumps small amounts of hydrogen into your engine making it run cooler and waste less gas. But there are a few hurdles to get over depending on what you are driving.

Richard Martin
07-21-2008, 06:06 AM
C,mon fellas, whats with all the PM's? Share the wealth here.

I don't want to have my name associated with something until I know it works. If it works I will tell everybody. If it doesn't work I will tell everybody. It's a win-win situation for you guys and Mike and I are spending the money to test it out. So far I'm in for a shade under $200. Chump change if you think about it.

Richard Martin
07-21-2008, 06:10 AM
can you pm me the info about the map sensor and foil trick?

Go to www.water4gas.com. It more than just a MAP sensor and aluminum foil.

Az Gardener
07-29-2008, 01:59 AM
Any update fellas? :waving: How are things going... :confused: Anything to report? :dancing:

MJB
07-29-2008, 02:09 AM
Any update fellas? :waving: How are things going... :confused: Anything to report? :dancing:
It's really to early to tell as I am adding 1 step at a time. I'm only getting a 3 mpg increase right now. But I want to see if it will hold to that or get better before I add something else. But that is pulling a 16ft tandem axle trailer with 2500 lbs of equipment using a little 4.6 liter V8 almost all around town. But will it stay consistent or can I get it back up to 5mpg or more ? That is about all I can report for now.

Richard Martin
07-29-2008, 06:03 AM
Mine is installed and working. Early testing (a very short test) showed a 30% increase without the trailer. I'm trying it with the trailer this week.

easycareacres
07-29-2008, 06:22 AM
what about hyro the tyres, vechile and trailer, herd a good fuel saver.

MJB
07-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Mine is installed and working. Early testing (a very short test) showed a 30% increase without the trailer. I'm trying it with the trailer this week.

Richard,
I went down to the parts store and ordered 2 packages of the spark plug defoulers. There are 2 in each package. I made sure they fit my o2 sensors.
Then I drilled out one on each side with a 1/2" drill bit to allow for the sensor
to fit. I screwed the 2 together the bottom one was not drilled out the O2 Sensor screws into the drilled out one on top, this is the same as the O2 Sensor extenders you can buy and saves you money. Put them on the 2 oxygen sensors located in front of the cat convertor. This will help your computer a bunch as it reads HHO as more oxygen, and starts dumping more fuel, the extenders in effect desensitizes them a bit. Make sure you put anti seize on the threads before installing them.

westsweeper4
07-29-2008, 01:54 PM
here are some reviews on the "water4gas" people.....

http://biodieselnow.com/forums/t/19456.aspx

You be your own judge.

MJB
07-29-2008, 06:46 PM
here are some reviews on the "water4gas" people.....

http://biodieselnow.com/forums/t/19456.aspx

You be your own judge.
Everytime something new comes out it's a scam to some people. The only thing that bothers me is when some start spouting scam before they even know what it's all about. This shows their ignorance... on the link above, not refering to you. I'm not selling the system but I am using it does this make me a scammer too. Those biodiesel guys are very close minded.

westsweeper4
07-29-2008, 07:33 PM
I just posted the link because it has a good "scientific" discussion. Doesnt matter to me about the water 4 gas people as I already run bio.

Just like to pass on information that may help people. And if it doesnt help, no harm done. No offense taken either.

Richard Martin
07-30-2008, 05:30 AM
There is actually a lot of good info if you read the entire thread posted by westsweeper4. If you read it all you start to get an understanding of what may be going on with H2. Someone posted some numbers about how fast gas burns and how fast H2 burns. This may be the key. It seems that the gasoline in the cylinder is burning for a considerable portion of the stroke. It is still burning as the piston is heading down. H2's burn is extremely fast. I think the number was 4 times faster than gas. If the H2 is mixing with the gas and igniting the gas faster so it's energy is released at the top of the stroke then you would in effect be increasing the compression ratio. Compression ratio increases also increase power. If you have increased output from the engine you don't need to push on the accellerator as far to get the same amount of work.

I did notice in the eBooks that it was said more than once that aggressive driving wipes out any benefits from the H2. This may hold true since once the gas pedal is pushed to the floor the computer senses it (via the TPS) and switches strategies.