PDA

View Full Version : Bidding

moonscapes
06-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Is it sensible to bid a job by square footage if so how much, dont know what the yards look like they just want me to give them a figure on cutting a bunch of foreclosed properties, so by the time I cut the yards they will probably be at least 2-3 feet tall.

billslawn89
06-21-2008, 03:40 PM
you need to look at the property first..bid by how long you think it will take

moonscapes
06-23-2008, 01:24 AM
The only problem with "looking at the yards before bidding" is that it is a bid to do homes that are forclosed on and that neighbors complain about (bid goes into the county government). Right now they have about 70 properties that need it but the list would climb each week--and I need to give them a bid up front. All the yards are different sizes. Any suggestions!?! Can you guys throw out some sample " price per square feet" I could give them--I can't think of another way to make it work.

moonscapes
06-23-2008, 01:28 AM
Oh...and these would not be "nicely manicured" lawns--they just want the grass cut so the neighbors stop calling code enforcement. Would be a cut, weed, blow and go!

mngrassguy
06-23-2008, 01:32 AM
$70.00/hour. Period. Sounds like a nightmare if you get it.

billslawn89
06-23-2008, 11:48 PM
i guess there could be some good money to be made, but i don't think i would wanna do them...you don't know what is buried in that lawn, plus the wear on the spindles and belts..i would go to the countys web site and research on how much the city would charge to do it themselves...good luck