PDA

View Full Version : Way too wet, now going way too dry again in MN

DA Quality Lawn & YS
06-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Wow, the weather is sure having wild swings this year (again, sigh....). 3-4 straight weeks of every cloud bursting into a pouring fit...now, 10 straight days of sun and dry. Beautiful weather here, no humidity, but mowing is going to really start backing off from where it was two weeks ago.

But, its not about me....we need more dry weather for those folks in Iowa (and downriver) to dry out and start the clean up. So, I'll have to live with some crispy grass for a bit until the next flood comes along (probably August or so:)

jnrogers
06-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Wow, the weather is sure having wild swings this year (again, sigh....). 3-4 straight weeks of every cloud bursting into a pouring fit...now, 10 straight days of sun and dry. Beautiful weather here, no humidity, but mowing is going to really start backing off from where it was two weeks ago.

But, its not about me....we need more dry weather for those folks in Iowa (and downriver) to dry out and start the clean up. So, I'll have to live with some crispy grass for a bit until the next flood comes along (probably August or so:)

at least you had some rain, down here in tn, I have already put my mowers away, no rain in the last 3 weeks or more and 95 degree days have cooked the grass. This is 2 years in a row with no rain, I wish there was a way to get some of that rain out of Iowa, it is so dry here it would probably just evaporate. Everybody but one has canceled on me until it rains.:cry: