PDA

View Full Version : Isn't Contracts nice

lawncare
01-06-2002, 08:21 AM
Isn't it nice to have yearly contracts and since it been raining,snowing, and cold in bham. You go to the mail box and pull out a few checks:D Go to the bank cash them and haven't did nothing all month for them.:blob3:Only in America, what other job pays you for doing nothing Grass rules!!!

strickdad
01-06-2002, 12:59 PM
i agree, we barley made it to the mail box the other day. (11" inches of snow)and we had a few of our checks from yearly contracts in there. i looked at the checks, then looked at the snow, and then thought "we got it made".

racer56
01-06-2002, 02:53 PM
Do you mainly contract commercial accounts? I have thought about doing something along the lines of a contract with mowing but we have a 26-32 week mowing season here. Do you have customers that get upset when they see you getting a check when not doing much? I talked to a customer last night at Wal-Mart and they told me I must make too much monet to take the Winter off. I guess they don't remember when I was working 6 til dark from about March 15 to September!:angry: I tried doing some contracts for fall seeding jobs and have alot of takers( around50) but when it came time about 30 had me do it. I didn't force the issue with the others even though I had already boughten the seed and fert. I told these folks if they contracted early for the work I could buy in bigger amounts and would pass the savings on to them and also not worry about a posible rate increase on the product. They seemed very happy to save some money but when it came time if they didn't want to do it they had no problem with telling me they changed their minds.
Have you ever made someone really follow the contract? If I would have insisted I would have lost them forever and my name would have been mud.Thanks for the input.

lawncare
01-06-2002, 04:21 PM
Most of my contract are residential some complain like the other day 1 tells me i wish i can make 40 dollars in 38 min ill be rich i said yea u probably would. but usually i wait till they go 2 work and leave a note saying i been there probably edge a little blow the blower about 30 mins for nosy neighbors then leave that way they won't think im getting paid for nothing. but in the winter if it isn't above 50 im not budging

Atlantic Lawn
01-06-2002, 08:14 PM
Man I never seem to get enough time off, there's loads of new contruction around here so we are really busy planting.I have three kids and college is only 4 yrs away for the first one, and I really don't have squat in my IRA. So Hi Ho, HI Ho it's off to work I go.....