PDA

View Full Version : Here's Some pics

kjslawn
06-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Wb is new. Warrior is in its second season

kjslawn
06-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Third picture is of me in back yard doing some training.

MJS
06-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Whoa man, that would scare me to death to have a kid on the mower while the blades are going. . . Maybe if they're not engaged, but, whew, I dunno.

Nice equipment, though.

kjslawn
06-22-2008, 11:15 PM
she in my lap not driving the mower herself

MJS
06-22-2008, 11:19 PM
she in my lap not driving the mower herself

I know, I wasn't bashing you or anything - I just wouldn't do it.

Lawn looks nice and healthy. . .:weightlifter:

dougmartin2003
06-22-2008, 11:20 PM
i like the earprotection

kjslawn
06-22-2008, 11:23 PM
It 's cool its my back yard its flat I only mow it every three weeks to keep the weeds out and keep it green during the droughts. She begs to ride with her daddy If I could only get her to weed eat the yard It would be sweet. LOL

kjslawn
06-22-2008, 11:24 PM
i like the earprotection

Safety First She was rock N out

MCLC
06-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Nice equipment but picture #3 is a big NO NO, even if you are driving, the "it can not happen to me" does not apply ever. Sorry if you do not like the comment.

Lawnut101
06-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Nice equipment. How do you like the Bunton?

Uranus
06-23-2008, 12:04 AM
I let my kids ride on the mower with me too. 90% of the time it's around the yard after I'm done mowing, so the blades are not on. But they have been on the mower with me while cutting to. 6 and 4 years old. My 6 year old son can put down some nice stripes.

STIHL GUY
06-23-2008, 05:54 PM
nice equipment

kjslawn
06-23-2008, 07:02 PM
The buntom is a great mower it does not get much use because the warrior goes everywhere. I am trying to trade that bunton or a great dane wb for a stander 34-36 inch I have a couple yards that I have to push.

robertsturf
06-23-2008, 08:44 PM
What if she fell off. That would be hard to explain to your wife and insurance company. Not very smart!! My son is 7 years old and I would never let him ride on our equipment. Too redneck!!

mattfromNY
06-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Another vote for no kids on the mowers. Too many possibilities.
Nice equipment, I want a blade blocker or chute blocker of some sort for my mowers.

kjslawn
06-23-2008, 10:40 PM
What if she fell off. That would be hard to explain to your wife and insurance company. Not very smart!! My son is 7 years old and I would never let him ride on our equipment. Too redneck!!

TOO REDNECK!!!!!!!!!! Some of you guys need to chill out man good god almighty. These same guys let there kids have a 4 wheeler or dirt bike or go cliff diving or heck ride a ride at 6 flags where a girl lost her leg last yr. Do you think @ 2-4 mph she was going to just pop off the mower? And at 7 he should be driving the equipment by himself. Guys put your purses down!! Must be a bunch of tree hugging, no oil digging, peta pleasing democrats that try to tell everyone how to live there lives. O by the way Redneck is not politically correct that could hurt someones feelings.

dura to the max
06-23-2008, 11:02 PM
TOO REDNECK!!!!!!!!!! Some of you guys need to chill out man good god almighty. These same guys let there kids have a 4 wheeler or dirt bike or go cliff diving or heck ride a ride at 6 flags where a girl lost her leg last yr. Do you think @ 2-4 mph she was going to just pop off the mower? And at 7 he should be driving the equipment by himself. Guys put your purses down!! Must be a bunch of tree hugging, no oil digging, peta pleasing democrats that try to tell everyone how to live there lives. O by the way Redneck is not politically correct that could hurt someones feelings.

dang. let the guy be a dad. from the pics i think he's old enough to make a decision. i was riding the bushhog with my dad when i was several months old. she looks pretty secure where she was sitting. as long as he wasnt drunk its fine. yall need to grow up. the little girl wanted to be w/ her daddy, good for her. let him enjoy her, and let her think what her dad does is cool. let them bond. get the wad out of your panties and let him be a dad.

CALandscapes
06-23-2008, 11:06 PM
About a year ago there was a kid around here, I think about 5 or 6 years old, riding on a mower with his daddy..

Long story short, the kid is now missing limbs after falling off.

Don't be stupid. :nono::nono::nono:

mowerbrad
06-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Everyone always says that it won't happen to them, but it could happen. Safety should be first, always!! These mowers can be fun to drive around on but you have to remember that they aren't toys (though they may seem like it sometimes), especially when the blades are going.

RonB
06-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Wonder how many kids died today in a car that they were put in and driven by their parents?

Wonder how many died from riding on a lawn mower?

Grits
06-23-2008, 11:30 PM
More people get killed in car wrecks than on mowers. So don't let your kids ride in the car. I can't believe some of you girls...I mean guys. Questioning this man's parenting skills....who the f*&k are you to judge? My 2 1/2 year old son rides the 4 wheeler with me...he has since he was about 1. I think he was riding before he was walking. Now, tell me I'm a bad parent....to my face.

timmac
06-23-2008, 11:45 PM
my little girl loves riding with me too in my own yard.

robertsturf
06-23-2008, 11:46 PM
You necks are the reason this industry is looked at as a laughing stock!! BTW I am not a Democrat!! If you have to let your child ride on the mower to show you are a good parent then I think there is another problem. What is wrong with saying no. Heck give em a screwdriver and show em an outlet!! Or better yet why not let them play in the street its fun.

Buddy Buds
06-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Years ago when I was working my way through school I had a street that had 4 houses. I cut three of them. The owner of the fourth house had the first snapper riding mower I had ever seen. He used to ride his granddaughter as he cut. One day I started cutting two houses down from him. Then he started cutting and I saw his beautiful granddaughter run out of the house. He didn't see her and backed over her leg and cut her foot off. I never saw that man smile after that.

Elite LawnCare
06-24-2008, 11:56 AM
More people get killed in car wrecks than on mowers. So don't let your kids ride in the car. I can't believe some of you girls...I mean guys. Questioning this man's parenting skills....who the f*&k are you to judge? My 2 1/2 year old son rides the 4 wheeler with me...he has since he was about 1. I think he was riding before he was walking. Now, tell me I'm a bad parent....to my face.

I was thinking the same thing. Pretty much anything can happen anywheres on anything. My dad used to let me ride the mower with him and I loved it, I guess ill have to tell him hes a peice of **** now.

dura to the max
06-24-2008, 12:03 PM
You necks are the reason this industry is looked at as a laughing stock!! BTW I am not a Democrat!! If you have to let your child ride on the mower to show you are a good parent then I think there is another problem. What is wrong with saying no. Heck give em a screwdriver and show em an outlet!! Or better yet why not let them play in the street its fun.

he makes the industry a laughingstock b/c he lets his little girl spend time w/ him riding the mower in his own backyard? wow. i think its time for me to get into a new industry. he gets to see his kids 30 minutes a day, his lawn has got to be mowed for the HOA, let him spend time w/ her. she's gonna grow up fast, now's the time to build a relationship w/ her.

All_Toro_4ME
06-24-2008, 12:28 PM
right on the money dura to the max. All the Z's I have ever seen have seat belts on them. Wouldnt be a bad idea to use. Other then that, I rode on the mower at 7 with my father mowing the yard. Enjoyed every minute of it because he was in the military and I rarely saw him, so when I did, I was excited,.

Guzman Properties
06-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Very nice equipment!!

As for the kid on the mower, I personally wouldn't do it. I saw my neighbor doing his lawn with his kid on the machine, I wanted to take a pic and post on the site just to see the responses.

konagold
06-24-2008, 12:44 PM
My son started riding with me on my H-D at age six he is now 17 and has been riding his own H-D for 2 years. I wish I had started him on a lawn mower so he could be out working and making money instead of just riding his bike. Be parents, be safe, tell your kids that you love them often, think for them when they can't and spend every minute that you can with them. By the way how many of you have ever ridden in the back of a pickup truck? That would have top be really safe.

Baseballer1100
06-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Where did you get the trailer?

Liendeni
06-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Good point Ron B. Anybody take thier kids fishing with the props running? Leave loaded or unloaded guns around the house....leave prescription pills laying around. And the list is endless.

Supper Grassy
06-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Nice Mowers

kjslawn
06-24-2008, 10:31 PM

I think you are going a little far. Apples to Oranges I think. I know Im the reason you and your buisness is a laughing stock and for that I am sorry. From now on I will just say No I never new I could.

kjslawn
06-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Where did you get the trailer?

Jerry Moody Auto Mart on Taylorsville Rd in J-Town Across from King Pin Lanes

ALC-GregH
06-25-2008, 11:13 AM
a few years ago I heard on the news about a young kid that got killed while riding on a mower with his father. He fell off and the father couldn't do anything about it, no time to react and now his son is dead.

Anyone of you that thinks it's OK to allow a child that small to ride on a mower while cutting the grass needs to have your head examined.

Does that 4wheeler have cutting blades on it? Does the car you drive have cutting blades on it? I didn't think so......

I can't make any of you idiots that think it's OK, to stop doing it and thats not my point, my point is, NEVER allow a child that has NO control over a mower on a mower. I just can't get over that fact your allowing your child to ride on a ztr while it's cutting. Let me ask you thins, what would you do if she decided to jump up then trips over your foot and falls in front of the mower? What would you do if a rock got kicked up and hit her in her "un-protected" eyes?

ALC-GregH
06-25-2008, 11:24 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Pretty much anything can happen anywheres on anything. My dad used to let me ride the mower with him and I loved it, I guess ill have to tell him hes a peice of **** now.

Yes your right, anything can happen at any time. The difference is, YOU can have control of what will happen. No need to tell your father he's a piece of #hit, just tell him he was a fool for doing it.

hey, it can never happen to me..... famous last words from the idiots that allow these things to happen.

I know it won't happen to me, I'll never allow my little girl to ride on the mower while mowing, period.

cgaengineer
06-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Please delete my thread....

Jacdanboy
06-25-2008, 12:22 PM
I feel I have to way in on this one.

As a previous EMT, having the pleasure of removing a 6 year old from under a residential lawn mower (lawn tractor), and having him die prior to ariving at the hospital, changes your opinion.

I to grew up around mowers, and tractors, and my dad taught me how to drive a tractor at a young age (after I put one in nuetral and took a ride on my own). However I will never let any of my kids ride on a mower.

When taking a farm medic course one of the biggest things they stressed was this exact subject. When reported correctly, which does not happen very often, these injuries are classified as farm injuries, and even with the incorrect reporting, injuries and deaths of children (under 18), involved in falls from, and struck by lawn mowing equipment is the leading type of farm injury.

Do a internet search on the subject and see the amount of hits you get. My wife works at the department of surgery in a major childrens hospital and often comes home with stories about ambutations, skin grafts, brain injuries and more from such accidents. She estimates that they see about 1 a month in the summer.

This subject is not about age, eduction, race, upbringing, or the risk of other activities. It is about the kids.

I am not going to tell anyone what to do, but I am going to ask that when you concider this you think about it long and hard. Ask yourself do I need to do this, is this a risk worth taking. Remember if a injury or death occurs it will effect your child alot more then you, and it will effect other people.

The incident I was involved with occured around 14 years ago, and it still bothers me.

m2churc
06-25-2008, 04:33 PM
There is always someone that is more worried about everyone elses buisness than their own. Everyone has heard of at least one horror story and a few will use that to justify getting in the middle of something they should have just kept their mouth shut on. Bottem line its not really any of your buisness what he does, when he does it, or how he chooses to do it. It is people that butt in just to hear their head rattle and some how justify that they are better, better parents, better judge of danger, just better! that gum things up for everybody!!

Jacdanboy
06-25-2008, 04:52 PM
There is always someone that is more worried about everyone elses buisness than their own. Everyone has heard of at least one horror story and a few will use that to justify getting in the middle of something they should have just kept their mouth shut on. Bottem line its not really any of your buisness what he does, when he does it, or how he chooses to do it. It is people that butt in just to hear their head rattle and some how justify that they are better, better parents, better judge of danger, just better! that gum things up for everybody!!

Just a few points to clarify, and I don't know if your post was directed at mine or not, but I will respond anyway

A. I don't care what he does, that is up to him, all i asked was that he think about it before hand.

B. I don't think I am a better parent than anyone, we all take risks, we all take risk with our kids, we have to make our own judgements on those risks, and in determining that risk the better educated we are about it, the better desision we can make.

C. Relative to gumming it up for everyone, You could argue that taking this kind of risk is what gum's it up. When the child end's up on disablility from a resulting injury, we pay it in our taxes. When the equipment manufacture gets sued, we pay it in higher prices. When the goverment decides to place more safety regulations in place due to the number of injuries, we pay it in higher prices, and decreased production due to poor safety mechinisms. The list could go on and on.....

Liendeni
06-25-2008, 05:35 PM

I couldn't have said it any better.

The guy was simply showing off his equipment and then all you "better than tho" people out there who are flying around with their "super dad" capes on want to chime in and give the guy a hard time.

The bottom line is its none of your damn business. And the truth is....if you saw this guy in his yard with his daughter riding the mower....I hardly doubt you would stop to let him know you don't approve of it.

Chances are you would laid out in his front lawn. So why do it here? And last but not least....share your "safety Sam" B/S for your wife and family. They are the only ones who are impressed by it. The rest of us think your a bunch of judgemental *ss wholes.

timmac
06-25-2008, 06:11 PM
here about the kid that had the fork go through his nose. i guess we should keep kids away from forks now. this thread is bull crap. I mow my 1 acre yard all the time and let my kids ride with me. good grief.

thomaslawn
06-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Kids and power equipment..... great combination.

thomaslawn
06-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Good point Ron B. Anybody take thier kids fishing with the props running? Leave loaded or unloaded guns around the house....leave prescription pills laying around. And the list is endless.

That's a great point you're making there. What's wrong with leavin' loaded guns around kids. What's the worst that could happen.

BanvilleLawnCare
06-25-2008, 06:37 PM
What is wrong with some of you? I'm pretty sure this guy started this thread to get questions/comments about his equipment. If he knew he was going to be attacked by a bunch of soccer moms he would have never started this thread. Sheesh!:nono::rolleyes:

robertsturf
06-25-2008, 08:23 PM
It's called freedom of speech. We have the RIGHT to post our opinions. Whether you agree with them or not. He started this thread not us. Thats how this website works!!!

MileHigh
06-25-2008, 08:32 PM
I wish I could take my kids for a ride on a nice ZTR!!! It would be awesome for us both.

Nice pictures.

thomaslawn
06-25-2008, 09:38 PM
dang. let the guy be a dad. from the pics i think he's old enough to make a decision. i was riding the bushhog with my dad when i was several months old. she looks pretty secure where she was sitting. as long as he wasnt drunk its fine. yall need to grow up. the little girl wanted to be w/ her daddy, good for her. let him enjoy her, and let her think what her dad does is cool. let them bond. get the wad out of your panties and let him be a dad.

How could I miss this one the first time around. "As long as he wasn't drunk" Are you implying that by simply looking at the situation, he may in fact be drunk? Nice.

Actually my replies are not based on the picture but to the reaction. I'm sure he loves his children and would not put them in any situation he feels dangerous. I just love how when somebody brings up a topic such as this everyone jumps on the "soccer mom," "don't get your panties in a bunch" ....
Why would you equate a safety issue (especially when children are concerned) with being a pansy?

Hell, I'm a Republican but that doesn't mean I leave loaded guns around the house, have my 5 year old son remove asbestos or let my daughter operate a wood chipper.

Speaking of soccer moms Banville, wasn't your mommy driving you around until just last year.

1MajorTom
06-25-2008, 10:04 PM
This has long been a discusion here at lawnsite, about kids and power equipment. A lot of members have always disagreed about kids riding on mowers. It just so happens this time, an actual member posted a pic with a child, and a lot of disagreeing about if it's right or wrong came out on this thread. I just think it's time to put this one to bed.