PDA

View Full Version : Pricing Help

Lawn Witch
06-23-2008, 02:51 PM
We have just started our lawn care service in Westminster,MD and have done a couple of estimates but have not gotten the jobs. We could use some help. :confused:

SOS Landscaping
06-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Post up some specs on the jobs and we can compare what we would charge for the job. Sounds like youre charging too high for your area

Lawn Witch
06-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Went out on a estimate that the lady was not happy with her reg guy and was paying him $57.00 for mow and trim however he raised the price from $40.00. After we checked out some threads we based our price on $1.00 per mintute and we put together package options as follows:

$60.00 mow,trim and blow driveways and sidewalks per week
$70.00 mow,trim,blow and weed removal (pull and or spray) per week
$140.00 weed flower beds and edge as needed.

I don't know what is the best way to learn pricing in my area other than calling companys and pretending to be a poss customer, which I think is wrong. I also don't want to under price which would drive the market down.

SOS Landscaping
06-23-2008, 04:53 PM
The dollar per minute rule a lot say is outdated since that rule has been being used for 10 or so years. I shoot more for 1.50-2.00 a minute depending on what area I am in. I know in my area an average 1/2acre lot is about $30 cut, trimmed and edged. But it all depends on area and customer. I quoted a guy the other night has 3/4 acre lot and just needed the front yard mowed I told him $30 and he was amazed with the price and asked me to come mow the lawn that night at 7:30pm. Though I had another guy the other day with a for sale house that was 1/2acre and told him 35 and he almost hit the roof so I told him if I could put a sign on the front lawn i could do it for 30 and than he was happy as a little kid. Sometimes I aim a little high so I can get talked down or give incentives like putting a sign on the front yard and knocking off money. For instance if I want 30 for a yard ill say 35, sometimes I get it and luck out other times I let them talk me down since I over bid already.

Best advice ask some neighbors what they are paying and judge it from there

Lawn Witch
06-23-2008, 05:04 PM
We even called twice to make sure that she received the written estimate and to see if she had any questions to which we never heard back at all. I should have also said that this property was an acre.

mngrassguy
06-23-2008, 06:51 PM
If you need the work that bad, it wouldn't hurt to ask her, "What would it take to get the job?"