PDA

View Full Version : Does a Lesco mowers do the job, Well?

clyde stewart
01-06-2002, 03:11 PM
Does Lesco mowers cut well ? the 48 to 52" Compared to other mowers that are know for quality cuts?
How does the Hydro system hold up?
Has any body had any trouble with these mowers ?
How well do they discard and does it clump when in hi or moist grass?

E-mail me Clyde4prezednt@hotmail.com

fivestarlawnken
01-06-2002, 04:09 PM
Are you looking at a new or used model? I have a Lesco/mtd mower.I like it,I'm happy. It discharges nicely. I run some diff blade combos that work well.I run a 48 Puts down a nice pattern every time.My hydro system is a Ross system works nice.It is a decent set up.:rolleyes:

edward hedrick
01-08-2002, 12:03 AM
I run a 52 Lesco belt. I changed the pistol grip for a Toro T bar.
I also changed the 17 kawi for a 14 Kawi better weight.
Bought 1997 no problems, my friend has a 48 Lesco. The 52 cuts better. The 48 cuts better when wet. The weight distribution on the Hydro is better. The belt has a 36" wheelbase. the 48, 44 ".
I usd it with a sulky until 1999, bought a Scag Sthm. ED

LAWNGODFATHER
01-08-2002, 03:31 AM
I'm not bad mouthing the Lesco mower, just my opinion of what could use some changes. I did them on the ones I have. Also they are my back up mowers.

The pistol grips are at the wrong angle for me. They need to be more pitched out. They go almost stait back. I could not change.

The power frame on the 48" is the same as the 36" and it's to narrow for me. I rolled a 48" down a hill.

I put 1" wider tires and rims. I did the same on a 52"

The plastic/rubber grips pull the skin inbetween my thumb and finger.

There is no adjustment for the OPC so if you let up and relax on the grips the mower dies.

The 52" anti scalp roller in front I removed and fabbed my own. Bent the front of the deck under.

They were a little touchy till I added the 1" wider tires and rims, which I felt made a big differance in traction and handling.

The hydro filter is in the middle of the back of the mower and when you attach a velke if it is up and you back into the trailer you bend the guard into the filter. Bent back and made a new guard.

They don't have any protection on the zerk fittings on the front left casters so you will break it off the one on the left side. I moved mine to the inside on the left.

It does not have a discharge lip on the discharge side to keep grass from getting caught on the corner of the top of the opening. I added one.

Most of these are minor things, but I am picky. After I did these the mowers prefomed much better.

does it clump when in hi or moist grass? '

All mowers do. It's just how much is the differance.

Does Lesco mowers cut well ? the 48 to 52" Compared to other mowers that are know for quality cuts?

After using with my other brand, I could not distinglish to which had cut what lawn.

How does the Hydro system hold up?

Since there is not may choices for pumps and motors, it does well.