PDA

View Full Version : Pricing to high?

hexfactor
06-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Im in panama city fl, and a lady called me today to do an estimate for her. I'd say the lot is a little under a 1/2 acre and slammed full of trees and flower beds. Its also got a full privacy fence and sidewalks that will require trimming. Not to mention its a corner lot. I quoted her $65 a cut because of all the trimmer and edger work, and she said shes never been charged more than $50 a cut for that place. This house is in a super nice neighborhood, and by my standards is a mansion (I live in a trailer). Does this sound like to much for the property?

PROCUT1
06-23-2008, 05:29 PM
There is always someone who will do it cheaper.

vos
06-23-2008, 05:41 PM
like procut said i live in central texas and almost every job i bid for people give me a funny look when i tell them because all of the spanish buisnesses around town keep doing lawns for 10.00 a yard.........im not being offensive but im curious as to how they do this?

stevenf
06-23-2008, 05:49 PM
I have a 1/4 acre lot that I charge $55.00 every two weeks and its like you described.

mngrassguy
06-23-2008, 06:37 PM
How long ago was she quoted $50.00? Everything has gone up. Why is she shopping for lawn care now? Did the $50.00 LCO go under? Did they do a poor job? Did they raise their price?

shocker5oh
06-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Have someone or call yourself some local competitors and get a quote from them on how much it would cost....explain it well enough they don't have to come out and see the site, and see what they price....find out where you stand in pricing with your competiton

mngrassguy
06-23-2008, 07:49 PM
I won't give prices out over the phone without looking at it. I can tell if it's a competitor most of the time because they always know the square footage.

k911lowe
06-23-2008, 07:57 PM
she either accepts your bid or not.if your gonna worry about price every time some old lady says"i can get it for less"ask her in a nice way why the hell she didn't.

railman
06-23-2008, 08:09 PM
from what I've noticed people who lives in big houses usually expect more and think that they don't have to pay as much.

MowHouston
06-23-2008, 08:11 PM
she either accepts your bid or not.if your gonna worry about price every time some old lady says"i can get it for less"ask her in a nice way why the hell she didn't.

He's right.

I think you're doing the right thing (not the questioning yourself part but your bidding)

The price you gave her was the fair rate that you want to do business at. It is the price that you have designed around your estimated expenses so that you can turn a profit right?

So keep with your rates, you will get higher end customers that will appreciate the service of that rate and you'll be happy with the profit you are making from your business. Keep at it.

hexfactor
06-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Alright guys, appreciate it. I thought i was in the ballpark. Another thing, i think i know why she was getting it for 50 bucks. whoever was doing it was doing a crappy job. I'm still not sure how they edged the sidewalk and didnt get it straight.

timmac
06-23-2008, 11:49 PM
im coming down there sunday for vacation. where would you recommend us to eat. we are staying at the splash. thanks dude.

hexfactor
06-24-2008, 03:15 AM
Dirty Dicks Crabhouse and the Lady Anderson. The Lady Anderson goes out and has a seafood buffet. nice ride. Also a nice place to eat is the treasure ship.

Stillwater
06-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Im in panama city fl, and a lady called me today to do an estimate for her. I'd say the lot is a little under a 1/2 acre and slammed full of trees and flower beds. Its also got a full privacy fence and sidewalks that will require trimming. Not to mention its a corner lot. I quoted her $65 a cut because of all the trimmer and edger work, and she said shes never been charged more than $50 a cut for that place. This house is in a super nice neighborhood, and by my standards is a mansion (I live in a trailer). Does this sound like to much for the property?

NO... it does not

mx315
06-24-2008, 12:08 PM
im coming down there sunday for vacation. where would you recommend us to eat. we are staying at the splash. thanks dude.

Go over to Pier Park (East on Front Beach from Splash @4 Miles) lots of new places to eat. For oysters and cold beer go a little farther East to Shuckum's.

timmac
06-24-2008, 01:19 PM
what about boondocks? ive heard it was good. we always eat at harpoon harry's as well and angelo's. and pinapple willy's. anything else.