PDA

View Full Version : Trip to the mountains

LawnTamer
06-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Hi all,
every time I post pics of my work, I get twice as many comments on the mountains than my work:laugh:
Last weekend, I took the wife, kids and dogs up the canyon for the weekend. This area is just about 20 minutes from our house. It was a real fun weekend, and I took a few pics.

Sunset hits Mt Timpanogas.

The kids and dogs getting ahead of dad, who was taking pictures of giant ladybugs and black bear scat.

Tibblefork, where we did some fishing, I love the view from here, the sunsets are spectacular.

A moose who came wondering by.

wheels910
06-23-2008, 05:22 PM
beautiful shots. did the moose see you?

Pastaboy62
06-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Seeing these pictures want me to get rid of the business and just move to the mountains. I used to go to the Adirondacks (upstate NY) every summer for a week and now I can't go because of the business....

LawnTamer
06-23-2008, 06:49 PM
beautiful shots. did the moose see you?

I'm sure he did, he actually came a lot closer, but I didn't have the camera, by the time I ran up to the truck and grabbed the camera, he'd worked his way up another 1 or 2 hundred yards.

Moose are not remotely afraid of people. A few years back we were camping by a tiny mtn pond where moose often come to feed and drink. We woke up to a giant bull moose, he was eating the seaweed in the pond. It was deep enough that he had to put his head under water. When he'd lift his head, water would come streaming off his rack, sounded like a small waterfall. It was actually the sound that woke us up. This was before we had a travel trailer, so we were all in a tent. We came out and were watching him from a safe 50yards or so. When he was done he just started ambling up the hill straight through our camp. we gave him all the space he wanted, but he walked right through camp, like there was nothing there.

Moose are responsible for more human attacks than any other wild animal out here except Buffalo. People think of them as big cows, or overgrown deer, but they are wild animals and neither will take crap from humans.

Supper Grassy
06-23-2008, 08:20 PM
those Pics are GREAT

k911lowe
06-23-2008, 08:24 PM
nice pics.

Toad
06-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Nice pics, kind of funny if you think about it, we try so hard to make things look nice and mother nature can do it with no maintainence needed. Some times I swear we make our lives much to complicated than need be. Anyways enough about that rant!!!!!! nice pics

blm86
06-23-2008, 11:07 PM
amazing pics, i would love to make my way to that part of the country in a few years.

ELC Lawn Care
06-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Picture from some property I am thinking about buying

derekarbeiter
06-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Nice pics. The only place ive been to where there are mountains are TN and MO. I would love to live in the smokies.

poolboy
06-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Makes me wish I was still in Colorado Springs. :(

Green Finger
06-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Seeing these pictures want me to get rid of the business and just move to the mountains. I used to go to the Adirondacks (upstate NY) every summer for a week and now I can't go because of the business....

Can you say Daniel Boone? Nice pictures breath taking.