PDA

View Full Version : Well, my site is online now...just how bad is it?

XterraJohn
06-23-2008, 09:09 PM
http://www.briardalelandscape.com/

k911lowe
06-23-2008, 09:14 PM
i didn't notice a "hit counter".have you gotten any business from it?nice design and i like that "pay your bill here" part.best of luck with it.you can get a free hit counter by searching on Google.

XterraJohn
06-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the reply. I haven't gotten any business from it yet, but, so far it's not indexed on any search engines last that I checked, and I haven't publicized it to any non-customers as of yet. Thanks for the tip on the hit counter.

Jb3NH
06-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Nice site. Its right to the point, loads fast, services offered, a telephone number, I really like the option of paying a bill online. I'm kind of a picture guy, i'd suggest complimenting you site with a few more, maybe jobs you're particuarally proud of.

shade tree landscaping
06-30-2008, 03:35 PM
how did you set-up the payment on yourwebsite with paypal, but the customer can input the ammount they would like

XterraJohn
06-30-2008, 04:10 PM
how did you set-up the payment on yourwebsite with paypal, but the customer can input the ammount they would like

Go to the section under Merchant Services in PayPal to create a button:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_web-tools

Input some random numbers, and then let it generate the code for the button. Then, setup a form that will overwrite those random numbers based on what the customer enters in the form.

brianhanson37
06-30-2008, 04:20 PM
I like the site, the Before and After pictures are the best, maybe you can make each category along the side clickable with more pictures. Remember, people are lazy, pictures say more than words, the more the better.

metro36
06-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Did you make it? If so what program did you use?

XterraJohn
06-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Did you make it? If so what program did you use?

I made it using a text editor. (vi on Linux)

jdmower
07-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Note, this is just my opinion. It needs some work on the design.

XterraJohn
07-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Note, this is just my opinion. It needs some work on the design.

Anything specific?

jdmower
07-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Well the images, color scheme, layout is too bold, plain. Your xhtml markup needs some work as well (e.g. Unordered-list for your navigation menu). Looks like you used windows paint to design the logo.

Team-Green L&L
07-03-2008, 10:39 AM
The site graphics are nice, but there is little to be said about navigation and content. I'll say this like I say to everyone...you need to "offer" something to the overall value of the internet when you design and create websites.

The internet was developed to be a tool for sharing information. The ".com" or commercialization of the web has lead to discussions of privatization and other disputes. No one ever intended to make the internet a Yellow Pages of advertisements. Poor and amateur web development is doing that.

Keep your site informational, but give the user the idea that; if they are looking for a landscaper their best choice is you. After all they are on your site and getting loads of information from it.

When someones uses a search engine and types in "Washington Landscaping" they could very well be looking for information about landscaping in Washington and what plants to use, etc. That is the primary purpose of the internet. Your job as a developer should be to build excitement in your product or service while also informing the user about the keyword topics.