PDA

View Full Version : New member introduction.

CompleteLawn Service
01-06-2002, 04:15 PM
Hello everyone. I did not see an introduction forum so I decided to post my own.

First off I've been browsing these boards silently for a few weeks now and must say what a great bunch of posters and useful information you guy's post.

My name is Jeff and my company name is Complete Lawn & Garden Service. I work out of Phoenix Arizona and do mainly large residental and a few commercial. I'm 25 yrs old and established my lawn service in 1996. In 1998 we (my wife and I) started a tree division also. We purchased a cherry picker truck and a 6x14 dump trailer. We sold the tree business back in summer of 2000 do to me not being able to climb anymore because of bad knees,and the cherry picker boom truck was only good for a reach of 38 ft so most backyard trees were out of the picture.
So now I'm back to strictly lawn maintance. I run a 95 3/4 ton chevy diesal 4x4 with a 7x18 open trailer. I dont feel the need to list all of the equiptment as most of us have pretty much the same stuff.

Anyway I just wanted to say hi and thanks in advance for any help I might recieve off this forum in the future. Take it easy! Jeff

lawn jockey
01-06-2002, 04:24 PM
:D Welcome to lawnsite its always good to see new members.I hope you find this site as useful as I do! Lawnjockey

odin
01-06-2002, 04:25 PM
Hello jeff
Nice to have you aboard
Me and my brothers started our landscapeing business in 1996 also .You will find a lot of nice helpfull and good people on here.This site has really helped me a lot and i know it will help you to.

1MajorTom
01-06-2002, 04:28 PM
Welcome Jeff,
Thanks for the introduction. :)

I read where you're not into the tree business any longer, but if you get an urge to talk about trees, take a peek at www.arboristsite.com. Set up the same way as it is here.

Don't find that many members out in your area as much as the Eastern part of the U.S.
So Looking forward to your input here.

Rooster
01-06-2002, 04:29 PM
Hi Jeff,

Glad to have you here.

Jump in anytime when you want to join a discussion!

Rick

Atlantic Lawn
01-06-2002, 05:30 PM
Welcome Jeff, I think You'll find more info here than anywhere else on the net. Use the search feature to go through some old posts on common topics. The only caution I can give you is this site can be hazardous to your competition, may be very addictive and can lead to severe withdrawl if not visited daily....Enjoy

CompleteLawn Service
01-06-2002, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guy's!

As for a westerner's input every now and then, from what I can see our busnisses are run pretty much the same as you guy's back east with the exception that mowing is every week 52 weeks a year except for the three weeks when we overseed for winter lawn. And we have to bag all our grass here in Phoenix. Our hot weather and caliche soil dont except mulched grass clippings to well.

90% of residental clients have yards around 60 to 100 ft wide by maybe 100 ft in depth. So these acres I keep hearing about are usualy only on the out skirts of town where the "horse" properties are located. I do take care of some big custom style homes in the valley itself that sit on between a half and one full acre,but not to many.

What we do have that is probly just as much of a time consumer as your guy's big acres are tons and tons of tecnical manicured type hedges. Every one here wants most stuff in perfect balls of perfect squares and even some poodle styles here and their.

Well I'll end it here but thanks again for the welcome and I look forward to future posting with you guy's. Take it easy! Jeff

LAWNGODFATHER
01-08-2002, 03:18 AM
Welcome to Lawnsite Jeff, nice intro.

What are you using to bag your lawns with, some might be intersted in knowing what is used for full time bagging?

Sammy
01-08-2002, 03:52 AM
Welcome ! :D

65hoss
01-08-2002, 07:20 PM
Enjoy yourself here. Stay involved. So many people sign up and get the free info but never give anything back. The more knowledge the better.

mdb landscaping
01-08-2002, 07:27 PM
welcome to the site.

CompleteLawn Service
01-08-2002, 08:02 PM
Thanks again for the welcomes! We use burlap tarps for most anytype of clippings be it grass,hedges,etc... Their quick and low cost and can be used hundreds of times over and over. I give $2.99 a piece if I buy 10 or more. Garbage bags are sometimes used on smaller properties. I can buy a box of 100 bags aand they will last about a month and a half.

I never go to the dump though. The dump is time consuming and expensive. Not only the fees but getting your tires fixed every weekend because of the roofing nails all over the place. I trade so service in exchange for a large commercial dumpster behind on of my jobs. So not only is it in town but theirs no waiting in line no fees and no nails!:)

I suggest this to anyone who has a commercial job with extra space behind it, to work a deal out trading some service for trash privilages.

By the way I just picked up a new pb650 echo blower today. Man is it powerful. 650cfm at the hose end and 220 mph. I love it.

Well take it easy all! Nice talking with you. Jeff