PDA

View Full Version : my dodge launched off the lift at the shop today!!

THEGOLDPRO
06-23-2008, 11:22 PM
so today i got some break work done on the dodge had em do an oil change while it was there. so they got this new16 year old kid working there as the shop bit*h he changes the oil goes to start the truck up and let it run for a sec, now mind you my trucks a 5-speed he didnt notice the truck was in first and popped the clutch out and jumped it right off the front of the lift into their alignment machine destroyed the alignment machine and beat my front bumper up pretty good. alo apparently the alignment machine costs about 40k lol

kid went into shock and didnt say a word. i just happined to be there when this all happined and saw the whole thing i went into shock for a sec then just started laughing i also took a few pics to remember this by.
http://www.msprotege.com/members/THEGOLDPRO/lift.jpg
http://www.msprotege.com/members/THEGOLDPRO/lift2.jpg
http://www.msprotege.com/members/THEGOLDPRO/lift3.jpg
http://www.msprotege.com/members/THEGOLDPRO/lift4.jpg

P.Services
06-23-2008, 11:26 PM
wow man u handled that like a pro!!

kps2389
06-23-2008, 11:29 PM
What shop is that at?

T.L.C.MICH.
06-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Looks like jr. needs to stick with pushing a broom, until someone teaches him how to handle the big boy toys. Yes, you did handle this very well.

THEGOLDPRO
06-23-2008, 11:31 PM
its in waterbury. my buddy owns the shop.

grandview (2006)
06-23-2008, 11:32 PM
its in waterbury. my buddy owns the shop.

My ex-buddy owns the shop!

THEGOLDPRO
06-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Looks like jr. needs to stick with pushing a broom, until someone teaches him how to handle the big boy toys. Yes, you did handle this very well.yeah he was alittle too cocky this was def a reality check lol my buddy said he was gonna fake fire him to freak him out.

THEGOLDPRO
06-23-2008, 11:33 PM
My ex-buddy owns the shop!

and now i own a 1/3 lol

Tim03
06-23-2008, 11:39 PM
At least no one was hurt. Sorry to see your truck banged up.

Supper Grassy
06-23-2008, 11:54 PM
wow that stinks
how bad was the front end damaged?

THEGOLDPRO
06-23-2008, 11:59 PM
wow that stinks
how bad was the front end damaged?

not horrible, tweaked the bumper alittle, scraches and scuffs. it actually took the hit like a champ.

Petr51488
06-24-2008, 01:30 AM
not horrible, tweaked the bumper alittle, scraches and scuffs. it actually took the hit like a champ.

And your just going to let it slide? Did you get the job done for nothing? I Hope?? I'm sorry, but if that happened to my truck, $hit would hit the fan if they didnt offer me something.

Willofalltrades
06-24-2008, 01:51 AM
haha thats one Dodge RAM!

THEGOLDPRO
06-24-2008, 10:55 AM
And your just going to let it slide? Did you get the job done for nothing? I Hope?? I'm sorry, but if that happened to my truck, $hit would hit the fan if they didnt offer me something.
i never said i was going to let it slide. the owner is a good friend of mine and im not making a big deal out of it.we both said it will get sorted out and we will figure out what to do about it. no need to cry over spilled milk **** happins.

MarcSmith
06-24-2008, 11:10 AM
thats why they call them accidents. so long as your stuff gets fixed and you are overly inconvenienced, Id be happy.

The whole "$hit would hit the fan if they didn't offer me something." Does nothing for anyone. and helps perpetuate the "sue mentality" of this country.

Thats why we have insurance. If for some reason the shop owner does not fix the damage, ect... you call your insurance company and say..."handle it"

THEGOLDPRO
06-24-2008, 11:11 AM
thats why they call them accidents. so long as your stuff gets fixed and you are overly inconvenienced, Id be happy.

The whole "$hit would hit the fan if they didn't offer me something." Does nothing for anyone. and helps perpetuate the "sue mentality" of this country.

Thats why we have insurance. If for some reason the shop owner does not fix the damage, ect... you call your insurance company and say..."handle it"

you got the idea :)

BanvilleLawnCare
06-24-2008, 11:40 AM
I agree with most who have posted, good job keeping you're cool you handled that whole situation well. Plus, you even got a good laugh at some kids expense! sounds like a good day to me.

Btw, I like your avatar! Lol!

THEGOLDPRO
06-24-2008, 11:56 AM
I agree with most who have posted, good job keeping you're cool you handled that whole situation well. Plus, you even got a good laugh at some kids expense! sounds like a good day to me.

Btw, I like your avatar! Lol!
lol thanks ive used this same avatar for close to 10 years on other forums im on.

wheels910
06-24-2008, 12:26 PM
maybe he'll give you a free alignment in a month or so when the machine gets replaced.

AndyTblc
06-24-2008, 01:20 PM
he probly didn't know how to work a stick shift, I can start a stick shift, but I can't drive one to save my life. In high school, we had an alignment machine, and they put heads on all 4 wheels, and each head costs about $4000, and one kid dropped one of the heads, and I thought the teacher was going to go sit under his desk and start crying, because the school can't afford to buy another one, but it didn't wreck it.

THEGOLDPRO
06-24-2008, 01:31 PM
he probly didn't know how to work a stick shift, I can start a stick shift, but I can't drive one to save my life. In high school, we had an alignment machine, and they put heads on all 4 wheels, and each head costs about $4000, and one kid dropped one of the heads, and I thought the teacher was going to go sit under his desk and start crying, because the school can't afford to buy another one, but it didn't wreck it.yeah i guess the heads got destroyed the machine was pretty beat up i guess well see if its fixable.

Petr51488
06-24-2008, 03:46 PM

Maybe i wrote my response wrong. From what i've read it looked like he was going to let it slide. I guess i was wrong. I didn't exactly mean that the **** would hit the fan if it would be sorted out, but rather the shop owners not taking responsibility for what their guy did.

MarcSmith
06-24-2008, 03:57 PM
but lets say for a moment that the shop owner said "tough luck"

i call my insurance co...get the truck fixed, and never set foot in the shop again...and let my insurance company deal with it..

Maybe I'm just different

My neighbor was backing up is bass boat in my drive way, i was going install a fish finder for him. the prop hit my painted bumper on my SUV and creased it. he was mortified, wanted to call the insurance company and all that jazz. Eh...its the equivalent of a door on a 6 year old SUV, that is otherwise in perfect shape. Not the end of the world.

Not directed at any one person, but we seem to be a much more "wound up" society than we used to be. heck I used to be really wound up. But life is so much better when you let things roll.....I'm not saying you don't hold folks responsible for their actions, but...just go easy....Now if the person is an asshat...then all bets are off....

AndyTblc
06-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I know what you mean by wound up, my neighbor was leaning back in the kitchen table chair, back into a window, and we had the old windows back then, the single panes with the storm glass, anyway the chair went back and cracked the window, he went home crying, his dad called the insurance company for a heads up, and my dad went to the store and bought a new pane of glass I think it costed $2.30, it was no big deal, but he was so upset, same when I plowed into the neighbors garage door with my plow, I did a little fix, and I felt so bad, and the lady felt bad because I felt bad, she said it was no big deal. But like people say, an accident is an accident. The kid was trying to do his job, he had a little mishap.

THEGOLDPRO
06-24-2008, 05:01 PM
yeah it was an honest mistake kids young and dumb, im sure he will never make that mistake again. the shops gonna take care of it for me, they didnt try to pretend it didnt happin. we talked and he said to drop it off next week and they will take care of it. the owner and i are good friends and would never try to screw me or anyone else.

AndyTblc
06-24-2008, 06:34 PM
It's always good to have a trusted mechanic.

PORTER 05
06-24-2008, 07:06 PM
imagine if somone was infront or underneath-

RedMax Man
06-24-2008, 07:58 PM
imagine if somone was infront or underneath-

Usually we don't like to think about those things.

Glad it wasnt any worse and that you have a good relationship with the owner.

THEGOLDPRO
06-24-2008, 08:18 PM
or imagine if it wasnt a 2500 ram getting launched off the lift but rather a nice car lol woulda destroyed a small car.

deere615
06-24-2008, 11:09 PM
That alignment machine is going to be expensive to replace or fix

J&R Landscaping
06-25-2008, 12:06 AM
Best of luck getting everything all sorted out!