PDA

View Full Version : New Year's resolution for Customers

lawncare
01-06-2002, 04:46 PM
:D Anyone made any resolution as far as your customers and/ or competitors go? I know mine's is If a customer leaves me for a cheaper lco and tries to comeback and complains his quality isn't as good or as better than mine. It's an automatic 25.00 reinstatement fee, plus a 10.00 account setup fee that has to be paid before reconsidering taking the account again then send'em a certifed letter stating that their to much of a risk to try to be bother with again:rolleyes: That'll teach'em some loyalty.

fshrdan
01-06-2002, 10:46 PM
Reinstatement fee? Account setup fee? Sounds like a health club, not lawn maintenance! Why don't you just tack on an extra $5 per cut?

65hoss
01-07-2002, 02:21 AM
Better yet, forget them. Let the go find the next screwball to cut it. And then the next, and next, and...

You get my point.

bruces
01-07-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by lawncare
:D Anyone made any resolution as far as your customers and/ or competitors go? I know mine's is If a customer leaves me for a cheaper lco and tries to comeback and complains his quality isn't as good or as better than mine. It's an automatic 25.00 reinstatement fee, plus a 10.00 account setup fee that has to be paid before reconsidering taking the account again then send'em a certifed letter stating that their to much of a risk to try to be bother with again:rolleyes: That'll teach'em some loyalty.

No offense, but that would just tick me off. If you don't want them, fine, tell them so. If you do, just charge a fair price (higher if you feel like it). In other words, sounds to me like you are jerking the customer around if you mean to go through all that then send them the letter telling them you don't want them.

If I was the customer, I would think "what a jerk" if you go through all of that.

If you just said, "Ok, I will provide service again but it will be at a higher rate, I wouldn't think you were being a jerk (maybe I wouldn't go for it, but I probably wouldn't be offended).

Why antagonize the customer and risk getting a bad rep, if you don't want them, don't take them, if you want them take them at your price and be happy.

LAWNS AND MOWER
01-07-2002, 02:07 PM
My policy is I'll take them back on once if they drop me ( and that's only if I like the yard) If they drop me a second time then that's it. I don't even consider taking them back. One guy calls me every spring begging me to take him back (after he dropped me twice- pricehunter). Don't you love it when you price a yard say for $45 and the customer says 'my last guy did it for $35'. My response is 'why don't you call him'.

LAWNS AND MOWER

thelawnguy
01-07-2002, 02:13 PM
I do all the dropping. Otherwise, the only time they leave is because they decide to move or take a dirt nap.

Randy Scott
01-08-2002, 12:02 AM
Alot of spent energy put into that system. Let it go. Just say no, schedule is full and if I take any more customers I will not be able to deliver the quality of work I would like too. Odds are they are going to be a pain in the a$$ anyways. Some never learn. You'd be better of spending the time and money on trying to get a new customer.