PDA

View Full Version : Any planning on attending the eastern PA turf confrence?

Evan528
01-06-2002, 08:35 PM
The eastern Pa turf confrence runs from January 8-10th In Valley Forge. A few of us members have disscused meeting up there and going out to lunch afterwards. Anyone interested let me know what day would work best for you. I will be attending the 9th and 10th. There are quite a few good resturants to eat at also. This show has equipment to look at along with seminars all day on all type of lawncare topics. here is the website http://www.paturf.org

gogetter
01-06-2002, 08:51 PM
Hey Evan, I was thinking about going before, until I went to a Turf show at at the Taj Mahal(sp?) in Atlantic City, and it wasn't really what I was looking for.
Nothing to do with lawn maintenance, more like golf course and related stuff.
I'm not attending any seminars at this point, just wanna check out equipment at trade shows for now.

Is this one worth going to for a guy like me?

Jonathan
Show me the mowers!

Evan528
01-06-2002, 09:23 PM
Hi Jonathon, this show is all lawncare ( no golfcourse) with a very large equipment show. Just about every brand of mowers and equipment out there.

TLS
01-07-2002, 06:08 AM
I'll be there one or both days. Anyone needing directions, let me know. Its real easy to get to.

It'll be pretty cool to get a few of us together to attend and then go out for a bite to eat.

Anyone that wants to come, but can only make one day, let us know what day is preferred.

TLS
01-08-2002, 11:45 AM
Anyone pick a day yet?

gogetter
01-08-2002, 12:33 PM
I'll be going then. Just not sure which day yet though.

Evan528
01-09-2002, 12:43 AM
Gogetter, If you wind up going tomorrow (wednesday) meet us at the registration booth at 11 Am!

TLS
01-09-2002, 04:34 PM
Hi all,

Just got back from the show. It was only the three of us (EVAN528, Chip, and I). There were a lot of different mower and equipment manufacturers. Saw all but Exmark and SCAG. It seemed just a little weighted toward the golf course industry, not too much though. I saw a LOT of big reel mower tractors (Jacobsen,TORO,JD,etc).

Finally saw my first Ferris 4WISuspension ZTR. Seemed well built, but at over 1700lbs, its a little more than just "festively plump"

Overall, a good show. Was it worth the $25 entrance fee,....No, not really, but at least I can write it off!

Oh yeah we had a good lunch too! :angel:
Sorry, no pictures! :cool: