PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Work !

Lawns2nv
01-06-2002, 11:38 PM
Hello,

Hi you guys doing, Well its my First year in the business, I was just woundering what you guys are doing for work now ? I haven't mowed or done any kind of yard work, because you no of the cold weather. Here in Michigan , we haven't had any real snow ( if any ) to drop my plow yet. So basically i have been with out work for a while. What kind of jobs are you guys doing now, to bring in money, besides the one who are able to plow ? I can't seem to get any money out my costumers. Any ideas or projects would be great, some heavy snow would be nice too. Thanks

fivestarlawnken
01-07-2002, 12:11 AM
Not being mean, but you need to have a plan for the off-season.I work full time,this is my plan.I would be very nervous without having a steady income.Do you plow on contract or per push?One way to have income in winter is have contracts so you get paid no matter what.Another option is to save during mowing time so you have fallback money.Some ideas are work at restaurant,deliver papers,warehouse,factory,temp agency.Good luck.

odin
01-07-2002, 12:19 AM
My offseason plan is a 2300$ a month pension from gm-uaw

PaulJ
01-07-2002, 12:35 AM
lawns2nv
welcome to the biz. Right now I'm working for a small contractor building a house. He's really flexable with the hours so I can take time to work on my equip. or meet with custumers to plan for next season. Eventualy I hope to have enough saved at the end of the season so the second job wont be neccesary just something to kep the bordome away.

lawncare
01-07-2002, 04:16 AM
Contracts r they way to go i havent walked a mower since a day bfore xmas. Now i just go 2 the box on the 5th and pull out a few checks

65hoss
01-07-2002, 08:43 AM
Prepare ahead of time, and enjoy the vacation.

cantoo
01-07-2002, 10:27 PM
lawns2nv, grab a shovel and your truck and head to Grand Rapids there is lots of snow on the rooves I'm sure you can drum up some quick business. There is also lots of snow north of Saginaw.
No one is going to bother you for coming to their Town and shovelling rooves off.

chicks-dig-lawn-guys
01-07-2002, 11:00 PM
before christmas a cool thing to do is run a christmas tree lot. we have that here in FL you can make a good 3000 in a month just selling trees for the people who grow them. It's hard and you have to stay up for that whole month.....but it make buying christmas presents better

Grass_Slayer
01-07-2002, 11:30 PM
HIGH SCHOOL!! moochin off my parents when my girl wants to go out!!

chicks-dig-lawn-guys
01-07-2002, 11:34 PM
actually bummin of mom and dad is what I am doin right now. they have made me make all my money mistakes when I was younger and now that I have learned the hard way they are helping me out......knowing that I am just gonna pay them back when I get the money this summer