LAWNGODFATHER
01-07-2002, 09:39 AM
I recently aquired some pics of it, so here is #1

LAWNGODFATHER
01-07-2002, 09:40 AM
Resembles a DC a little. Pic #2

KirbysLawn
01-07-2002, 09:47 AM
Looks a lot like a DC, just not as well made (looks).

captdevo
01-07-2002, 09:49 AM
if thats the one with the Lambordini Diesel, it's one bad @$$ f%$&er

they should start production this year!!

LAWNGODFATHER
01-07-2002, 10:01 AM
Thanks Shawn for the pics. Here is #3.

65hoss
01-07-2002, 10:37 AM
What the heck is it? Looks like it discharges to the left side.

Richard Martin
01-07-2002, 11:05 AM
I think I'll stick with the original for now.

With an opposite side discharge this means that you will only be able to get your blades from Bladerunner. It would also be nice to have fenders on the machine.

To say that this mower resembles a Dixie a little is a understatement. The list of things that weren't copied off of Dixie is a lot shorter than the list of things that were.

bob
01-07-2002, 11:29 AM
Tell me more about this mower. Is it from a new company? What is the engine? Why left side dicharge?

WREBELMACHINE
01-07-2002, 12:04 PM
Well I am glad the pictures finally arrived! For those of you who think it's a spin off of a dixie it isn't except in appearance only. I still own several d/c's and they are good machines but if you park this mower and a d/c side by side there are several things that favor the bladerunner! Also as far as appearance I wish these were taken on a sunny day because it sure makes the machine really stand out! By the way GODFATHER is that a 32hp diesel or the 42hp? Just currious! I have a 32hp and I have never been on anything that will cut like it does. Hopefully there will be some pictures this spring that show how it cuts because mine does some mighty fine work!

WREBELMACHINE
01-07-2002, 12:10 PM
BOB
The pumps on the hydralics are cast iron instead of aluminum, also they are tandem drive! There is no belt or t-box driving the pumps! Since the pumps are driven this way the engine is spin around which makes the blades spin to the left. I personally did'nt think I would like the left hand cut but after 5min. of use I fell in love with it! It stripes better than my choppers and it is safer to use if you mow on a street with alot of traffic! Another benefit with the drive is the hydralics make zero noise! no winning as with other machines. all you get is full power to the mower deck!

bruces
01-07-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by WREBELMACHINE
BOB
I personally did'nt think I would like the left hand cut but after 5min. of use I fell in love with it! It stripes better than my choppers and it is safer to use if you mow on a street with alot of traffic!

I don't follow, why does the left discharge make it safer?

Also, how is the pricing on this machine compared to others?

Are they really in production and widely available?

geogunn
01-07-2002, 01:03 PM
...and it is safer to use if you mow on a street with alot of traffic!

yo wreb--I need a better explanation on this one, please.

GEO

captdevo
01-07-2002, 01:10 PM
because you can face traffic without discharging into the street, is probably what he means.

it makes sense to me!!

these machines have the hyro mounted directly to the engine.

i visited with Dale last fall and saw one with a 25hp Kohler.

they are one of the best built machines i've seen in a while.

$$$ is yet to be determined, they are hoping to start production this year.

WREBELMACHINE
01-07-2002, 02:56 PM
CAPTDEVO
Who is dale?

HOMER
01-08-2002, 12:06 AM
I'd have to agree with Richard, that's as close as you can get to a Chopper. How do you raise the deck?

With my OCDC on the real thing I can face traffic and mow anyway. Not saying it isn't a good mower but sure does look like a disgruntled employee went into business for himself!

Grass_Slayer
01-08-2002, 12:34 AM
looks to me like it needs to be more user friendly. it does look alot like a chopper but the metal work looks kinda crappy (frame looks thin). wouldnt know till i saw one in person and tried it out

geogunn
01-08-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by captdevo
because you can face traffic without discharging into the street, is probably what he means.

and thanks captain d for the answer but you didn't make the comment. I'm trying to go for understanding here.

YO WREB! I'm still waiting for a further comment as I posted above.

GEO

Randy Scott
01-08-2002, 01:33 AM
I'm still trying to take in the fact that I think there is snow on the ground! Is there?

rodney
01-08-2002, 02:19 AM
no operator controlled discharge chute.
no fenders
no stripe kit
i dont even see rear anti scalp rollers. is there any ?

LAWNGODFATHER
01-08-2002, 02:20 AM
I know nothing of this mower. Some one sent me pictures to post for you all. I just posted them.

Thanks LGF

LAWNGODFATHER
01-08-2002, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by rodney
no operator controlled discharge chute.
no fenders
no stripe kit
i dont even see rear anti scalp rollers. is there any ?

Are you compairing to a DC?

Fenders, what for?

Stripe kit what for?

Rear anti scalp rollers, DC's don't have any.

Operator controlled discharge chute, DC's the only that comes with one.

captdevo
01-08-2002, 07:42 AM
there are only 4 or 5 made, they aren't for sale yet!

they are working all the little stuff in.

nobody starts off with the perfect mower, that's why most have been in business for 10-20 years.

the frame is one of the best i've seen, no bolts, all welds.

i don't think they were disgruntled, his son runs Dixies, they're just looking to improve them.

they been messing with them for a couple years,

give these guys a few more years, and look out competition!!

WREB...Dale is the President of the Company.

Richard Martin
01-08-2002, 09:34 AM
LAWNGODFATHER wrote:
Fenders, what for?

Well, the reason I like fenders is because I don't like getting mud slopped all over me and my mower. While the "fenders" a.k.a. gas tanks on most mowers don't keep mud off of the deck they do keep mud off of the rest of the mower and the operator.

DCs do have one large anti-scalp roller in the middle rear of the deck. I thought you used to own DCs.

As captdevo pointed out the developers of this machine do own Dixies and obviously used them as a pattern for making this new machine. I'm not putting the Bladerunner down. But about as far as I can see the only unique thing about these mowers is the hydro pump setup and the "odd" lefthand discharge. Given time I am sure this new company will carve their own niche in the market just like Dixie and Walker have.

rodney
01-08-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER

Are you compairing to a DC?

Fenders, what for?

Stripe kit what for?

Operator controlled discharge chute, DC's the only that comes with one.

1.just pointing a few things out that would improve the mower

2.preventive maintenance.looks like mud , dirt , and rocks can get in belts , and grease fittings on the deck.

3.better looking stripes (aint that what we all want)

4. this i didnt know, now we all do.

5.safty . it dont have any kind of chute

WREBELMACHINE
01-08-2002, 12:58 PM
GEO
This is going to be a long reply for you and everyone else! I am going to describe why it's in my opinion the best mower out there.

The reason the left hand is safer in traffic is exactly what captdevo said you mow against the traffic instead of with it! Atleast you could see someone coming at you with a ball bat or something and get out of the way, mowing with the traffic you would'nt even see it coming.

As far as the machine itself I will try to explain the diffrences!

The frame is a six rail one piece frame with a full 1/2" thick wheel motor box! The frame has a lifetime warranty against breakage!!
The D/C mower is also six rail but uses 3/8" thick motor box.

The blade spindles are cast iron with tapered roller bearings!
It uses a manual blade clutch!
It holds 12 gallons of fuel!
It runs at 15mph!
It uses tandem pumps! The same pumps used in a real bobcat!
It uses dual hydro reservoirs!
It uses two hydro filters!
It actually has SIX anti-scalp roller and they are adjustable!
It uses hydralic deck lift!
The front floor pan lifts up! D/C now finally has this.
Blade speed is 19,000fpm!
Front spindle forks have a lifetime warranty against breakage!
Uses Stainless steel body!
Has 26X12-12 tires on the back! Ride is very good!
Does not have dampered steering!
It has an adjustable front mower baffle! So does the D/C.
It uses a NO DOWN TIME BELT on the mower deck!!! This belt if you break it you just take a link out of it and put back together!
It uses a 71.2" wide wheel track! Same wheel track as a D/C twin!

I think someone said something about a strip kit mine does not have it but one is available! However mine does a very good strip job without it!

Now I am not saying its the perfect mower but I have run D/C's for 10years and still have 8 of them in my fleet .I still own a EXMARK LAZER and recently got rid of all my ferris i/s. But I will say that this is the simplest most efficient mower that I have ever run or owned. It smooth it's quiet when you compare to other diesel mowers and it's very very very fast!! Everyone has there own opinion and that's what makes us all difffrent. I personally go for efficient simple and durable mowers that's why I have been useing D/C's now I am switching to the bladerunner. Some people buy for gadgets, some for the pretty color. I personally do not care what it looks like as long as it makes lots of green paper and I don't have to give that paper back to fix the machine. I personally think that everyone likes the color of green on paper!

To really compare this mower to the others you need it setting side by side and then you will see the real difference! However if you are having good luck with what you have now and have good service than stick with it!

Just my opinion!

By the way GODFATHER did you find out if thats the 32hp or the 42hp?

WREBELMACHINE
01-08-2002, 01:07 PM
By the way these pictures must have been taken this past weekend because of the snow on the ground! It's no wonder that you can't see a strip pattern!

geogunn
01-08-2002, 01:37 PM
The reason the left hand is safer in traffic is exactly what captdevo said you mow against the traffic instead of with it! Atleast you could see someone coming at you with a ball bat or something and get out of the way, mowing with the traffic you would'nt even see it coming.

WREB--captain d said it but you explained it.

I have never been afraid of being whacked while mowing but now I can see your point.

and it is well taken. thanks.

GEO

WREBELMACHINE
01-08-2002, 02:07 PM
By the way there is one more feature that I forgot to mention. The BLADERUNNER uses bendix parking breaks!! If you own a D/C you would really enjoy a parking break that acutally works! There are many other features that I just can't name all of them so If you are looking for a true top of the line unit take a close look at all of them and make your own decision!

CAPTDEV

Which diesel did you run?

rodney
01-08-2002, 05:47 PM
By the way these pictures must have been taken this past weekend because of the snow on the ground! It's no wonder that you can't see a strip pattern!

even after a long winter and lots of snow there can still be stripes left from last year .

Captain Calamity
01-08-2002, 09:30 PM
I did a side by side comparison of the "Blade Runner" and the Dixie Chopper several months ago. The design of the "Blade Runner" really impressed me. That thing is bullet proof. Direct drive pumps. Each isolated from the other. The frame is heavier that the Dixie. The wheel motors and the pumps are heavier duty. The foot area is free from protrusions so you can put your feet anywhere. Access to work on it is something every mechanic would love. The guy I talked with at the show said that they were going to start using the new Vortex Blades on it. Said these blades will pay for themselves in fuel savings. Something about them having better lift and less drag. Won't take as much HP to turn 'em.

That "Blade Runner" in the picture looked like the one I saw at the show. If it is, it has the 32HP Lamborghini Diesel. I hear tell that it was clocked at 19MPH. That being the case, Dixie will have to quit saying they're the fastest mower 'cause the Blade Runner just blew them away.

1stclasslawns
01-08-2002, 09:36 PM
I have seen them in the pics and heard all kinds of bragging.

I am not far from Springfield so, how would I go about demoing one if I wanted to??

Jim

LAWNGODFATHER
01-08-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Richard Martin
DCs do have one large anti-scalp roller in the middle rear of the deck. I thought you used to own DCs.

Mine didn't have but one on the discharge side of the deck.

3.better looking stripes (aint that what we all want)

I used to think that, but try and get a customer to pay for it, waste of time, but I do anyways.

By the way GODFATHER did you find out if thats the 32hp or the 42hp?

I haven't got the return email on the question yet.

AZT
01-09-2002, 03:57 AM
I seen this machine last fall it has oil gear pumps and I believe it had White drive motors. It looks ok the one I looked
at had a electric lift on the deck ran by a toggle switch. My concern is about service and parts for that engine.
I dont think that the speed is that important . Alot of ztr can be made run 15 mph or faster by using smaller dis-
placement wheel motors. It does look like it is built well it also looks like the Bad Boy as well as the D/C.

WREBELMACHINE
01-09-2002, 07:20 PM
There is going to be a fairly large lawn and garden show here in southwest mo. If you can attend you will probably get to see a BLADERUNNER in person! All the other ztr manufactures will be there as well. I will try to start a new thread as soon as I find out the dates for the show!

Evan528
01-09-2002, 09:27 PM
Im a bit confused...... Safer to run near traffic because discharge faces away from street? dosnt that depend which side of the street your on?

HOMER
01-09-2002, 10:09 PM
No, as long as your mowing towards the oncoming vehicles.

2003 Choppers will have automotive style brakes that will hold in either direction.

2003 Choppers will have heavier frame on the 72" machines, one of the rails will be solid vs. tubing.

I really think the left side discharge is just a way to get by any patent issues.

The hydraulic system is changing as well on the 2003 units.

Man............I want a 2003 DIXIE CHOPPER!

WREBELMACHINE
01-10-2002, 12:51 PM
HOMER

What patents are you talking about?

rodney
01-10-2002, 01:27 PM
im not sure but maybe be he was refering to wright stander suing great dane over there stand on mower. i think that they got suied and had to redesighn the first surfer now they are super surfers.

HOMER
01-11-2002, 07:55 AM
I would think Dixie Chopper would have a few patents on their machine. To avoid infringing on someones patent you have to change a few things.........this appears to be the case with the left handed deck and the other suttle changes.

MONTE
01-12-2002, 11:40 AM
On the subject of copy of a DIXIE. Why is it then that DIXIE now finally has a tilt front end? They are changing the frame, Going to use a automotive parking break and they are going to beef up the hydro's? Looks like DIXIE is doing some copying of there own!

MONTE
01-12-2002, 12:38 PM
By the way there is a story behind the bladerunner mower! If you would like to here it let me know.

bruces
01-12-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by MONTE
By the way there is a story behind the bladerunner mower! If you would like to here it let me know.
Yes, I would be interested, either as a post or an Email.

Richard Martin
01-12-2002, 01:59 PM
The flip-up foot deck is something they've needed for a long time. The frame change is only on the 72" mowers and the brake they have now doesn't hold real well but it's adequate. I have no idea why they're changing the hydro system, it works very well the way it is.

WREBELMACHINE
01-12-2002, 08:44 PM
MONTE

I was told a story about the development of the machine but I would like to here yours!

WREBELMACHINE
01-12-2002, 09:31 PM
BLADERUNNER STORY

This is my story. About 7 years ago I met this man who told me he was going to build the best ztr out there. He asked me what I was looking for in a machine and I told him some of the things that I looked for. I lost track of him and then ran into him about 3 years ago when he pulled up to a job site that I was at and unloaded this kinda rough looking mower, he asked me to try it so I climbed on board and hit the levers. Boy what a suprise, I was really impressed with the cut and the speed of the machine. I told him that he had something special! Last year I saw him in BRANSON MO. at a lawn and garden show and he had his production unit there, I must admit it is a slick rig especially compared to the first one that I tried. I asked him at the show if he was worried about copying a DIXIE CHOPPER? He said no because he got his multiple frame rail idea from an old PROSTAR.
As far as all of the other inovations I beleve that he came up with them on his own as far as I know.

The man who developed this mower does not have a son. but he does have an investor who does have a son that uses dixies. That I do know because I bid against him all the time.

By the way I do not remember the inventors name maybe somone else who has talked to him does.

Smoker26
01-12-2002, 10:30 PM
I saw the Blade Runner at the Farm Fest in Springfield last year and was more than a little impressed. It is a simple machine with ease of access for maintainence, you know, changing filters and oil. I like Dixies but I can't wait to get my hands on a Blade Runner.

HOMER
01-13-2002, 09:11 AM
YA RIGHT,

DC has been in business since the early 80's and now they have to copy someone...............I don't think so.

Time will tell how the Bladerunner does.

Smoker26
01-13-2002, 11:48 AM
Homer

Why would DC just now come out with a left hand discharge after being such a success for 20 years? And the rail frame concept has been around on different macines for evn longer. Don't get me wrong I lioke DC's but the Blade Runner is a step up.

Shack
01-13-2002, 01:24 PM
The deck looks a little cheap and thin.

awm
01-13-2002, 02:00 PM
looks pretty good. what richard said about fenders ,i think u should consider. also i dont like the square tank.works fine im sure ,i just think rounded corners are safer and look better.
how it looks dont make a mower, but a little streamlining
will make it market better in my opinion. now i just saw it for the first time and u been working on it ,so my thoughts are just first impressions. but u got to get there attention w a little make up
and such . or so the ladies say. good luck with the machine.
if its real good it wont matter what anybody here thinks about
it.

WREBELMACHINE
01-13-2002, 02:29 PM
The mower deck on mine has .250" top plate on it with a full 1" rub bar that goes around the entire deck! The deck is heavier duty than the dixie and with the full rube bar its heavier duty than any of the others out there because the rube bar acts as a safety bumper.

WREBELMACHINE
01-13-2002, 02:37 PM
I think MONTE might be on to something because it sure does look like and sound like DIXIE is doing some copying.

geogunn
01-13-2002, 03:06 PM
so far everyone is saying "copy this" and "do that".

this on'e better no that one's better,...yada, yada.

I don't have much of an opinion on this but I'd like to see how the blade runner stickers out compared to the DC after it goes into production and marketing.

it would be real easy to build a mower that can out do the DC if it cost alot more to build!

but the key to all of this is selling the things to the public and I'll bet the farm that there aren't many people out there willing to pay substantialy more for this type of machine than what a CHOPPER costs!

and without sales...the blade runner becomes a curio in the back of the shed...kinda like that old reel type push mower.

GEO

Richard Martin
01-13-2002, 03:44 PM
WREBELMACHINE wrote:
The deck is heavier duty than the dixie and with the full rube bar its heavier duty than any of the others out there because the rube bar acts as a safety bumper.

Ok. enough of this. I'm all for making a mower better if it needs it. In fact I've gone to great lengths to show a manufacturer that something needs to be changed. Just ask Barry from Gravely. Some of the mods that I did to my Gravely and then took pictures of and sent the pictures to Gravely ended up on the new Gravelys. But the decks on Dixies don't need to be heavier (and they have a 3/16" reinforcement on top of the deck) or have the reinforcement bar run all the way around the deck. What is the point of running the bar around the deck? What are you going to back into that you didn't already run over? As far as making the wheel motor box out of 1/2" steel instead of Dixie's 3/8" steel what's the point? I have never heard of anybody ripping or damaging any wheel motor mounts on any machine.

And the left hand discharge excuse that it is safer is a joke. If they can't figure out how to make a right hand discharge using the current engine configuration then maybe they should get a Lazer Z or Dixie diesel and take a look at how they do it.

Making the Blade Runner heavier than any other mower out there isn't neccesarily a good thing. All of that added steel comes at both a monetary cost and a weight cost. I know I'd rather try to get a thousand pound mower unstuck that a 13 or 14 hundred pound mower.

point
01-13-2002, 05:23 PM
Richard - My thoughts exactly

If someone makes a deck out of .75 steel with a 2" rub rail would it be better yet ??
( Actually it would probably work pretty good for clearing land mines......hummm that's a thought )

As far as the manufactures copying each other, I hope they do, if they didn't
there would be only one ZTR manufacture and they would not have to strive to improve the product.

mark

WREBELMACHINE
01-13-2002, 05:45 PM
Obviously you have not had your center roller on your chopper rolled under and stop your blades. We have had several on our city slickers do that. And I have seen other users do the same.

If they would use cheap aluminum pumps and belt drive them like everyone else does than they could run there blades to the right!
But why cheapon up the most bulletproof hydro drive out there?

And as far as the motor box I have a friend who has a d/c that the wheel motor box end split out! Granted it's been run pretty hard but it can happen.

As far as price goes I paid $13,000.00 plus tax for mine. Which is a 32hp 72" cut. I thought it was a very fair price for what I got and it seemed right in line with everyone else.

The thing is that everyone has an optinion and we can debate this all winter and everyone will think that they are still right! Similar to FORD VS. CHEVY VS. DODGE VS. ETC.

Richard Martin
01-13-2002, 06:18 PM
WREBELMACHINE wrote:
The thing is that everyone has an optinion and we can debate this all winter and everyone will think that they are still right!

What, you got something else to do? I'm so bored I'm polishing the stainless on my Dixie! If anybody wants to know there are some right things to do and some wrong things regarding polishing stainless. Been there, done both.

In any case, what do you guys do? Try to knock down fire hydrants with your mowers?

As far as cheap hydro systems go just about all mowers with the exception of Scag seem to get very high hours out of the hydro systems. It's my impression that most guys get rid of the mowers before encountering hydro problems. Why weigh the mower down with the heavier Bobcat (skid steer) system when it's not needed? And you still don't have the quad loop hydro system that Dixie does.

WREBELMACHINE
01-13-2002, 06:35 PM
Who needs a quad loop when you have a drive line that was originally designed for a 7,000lb. bobcat. I am sure its going to work very well in a 1000lb. lawnmower. My dixie's wine when there on hillsides and the bladerunner is quiet. As far as the mower deck's go all of the mowing down here is rough and big and it is unfortunate but employees do run into things. And I think everyone loves the employe that says he did'nt hit anything!
DIXIE is'nt the only brand that I've had this happen to. And I am sure that the deck on the bladerunner will bend as well.

Smoker26
01-13-2002, 09:22 PM
Shack:

The deck has a 1/4" top plate but I think the deck is 12 or 14 gauge steel. I believe that is as thick if not thicker than a dc. We can debate good versus bad until forever but my opinion stiil is with the Blade Runner.

WREBELMACHINE
01-14-2002, 11:05 AM
Smoker the deck is actually 10 guage

MONTE
01-14-2002, 04:40 PM
I think all of these options are intersting!

MONTE
01-14-2002, 04:49 PM
Sorry mispelled

All of these opinions are interesting!

Smoker26
01-14-2002, 06:45 PM
Thanks Wrebel for keeping my facts straight. Can't wait for spring!

AZT
01-16-2002, 03:20 AM
I seen that Nixa Hardware has had your Blade Runner on display the last few days. I like the blue color it has a
good look to it. However when you go into production with it you better have it right. Anybody can build a good
proto type . By the way Art at dc was dist of a couple of other zt before he produced dc and there was alot of
coping going on. I do like dc still a few years ago I thought it was the best mid-mount made. But today there are
several out there.

WREBELMACHINE
01-16-2002, 12:05 PM
I did not know that there was a dealer in NIXA! It's a cold day I think I will go down and talk to them. I'll see if there is any price diffrence.

MONTE
01-16-2002, 12:39 PM
Nixa Hardware would be a decent dealer I think, But I think I will stick with the original dealer because of the service factor!

Dick Myers
01-16-2002, 01:21 PM
monte

Since I live south of Nixa, I'll be talking to Nixa hardware:blob2:

rwleigh
01-16-2002, 11:11 PM
I think that all that this bladerunner sounds awesome and I am planning on going down to nixa hardware and looking at the bladerunner! This mower sounds VERY intersesting and I think will be interesting to drive one as well!

Captain Calamity
01-19-2002, 10:36 AM
I've been doing a comparison between DC an the Blade Runner myself. It appears that these folks that designed and built the Blade Runner want you to have a machine that will last a lifetime. The added strenght of the deck and frame as well as the heavier duty pumps and wheel motors should be a testimony on its own that these folks are more concerned about us, the end user than they are stuffing their pocket books. The additional weight factor is less than a hundred pounds. The wider stance tires will reduce the PSI to the surface to less than that of a DC.

A side by side comparison of quality and price should be enough for anyone to give the Blade Runner a big thumbs up. Who cares if it has left side discharge.

big james
01-19-2002, 12:22 PM
Looks kind of like an American version of a Sutech Stealth lol JUST KIDDING ,looks aren't everything ,Where are these made ,and to say the hydro does not steal power from the engine is just not so . the water pump ,a.c and altenator all steal power from an auto's engine RIGHT?

LAWNGODFATHER
01-19-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Captain Calamity
I've been doing a comparison between DC an the Blade Runner myself. It appears that these folks that designed and built the Blade Runner want you to have a machine that will last a lifetime. The added strenght of the deck and frame as well as the heavier duty pumps and wheel motors should be a testimony on its own that these folks are more concerned about us, the end user than they are stuffing their pocket books. The additional weight factor is less than a hundred pounds. The wider stance tires will reduce the PSI to the surface to less than that of a DC.

A side by side comparison of quality and price should be enough for anyone to give the Blade Runner a big thumbs up. Who cares if it has left side discharge.

Arem't you the Vortex blade inventer?

You are comparing apples to oranges. The Bladerunner mower has started a new class of ZTR mowers.

Left hand discharge. '

The true test will be in the Spring, only then can we see if it can cut it.

Captain Calamity
01-19-2002, 08:05 PM
OK, Mr. Lawngodfather, you just had to go and let the cat out of the bag didn't ya. You're correct in saying that the Blade Runner is a new breed of mower, and it don't matter none if it be left or right side discharge. To be more correct would be to say that the Blade Runner is the new notch on the stick to attain for quality and durability. This spring I have volunteered one of my 2 million dollar lawns to be used for a photo op and possibly a video of the Blade Runner in action. This baby stripes as good as you can get. I can't reveal the name of the person who designed the Blade Runner, I can say it wasn't me and that I had nothing to do with it's design, at least she never gave me any credit for it if I did. :rolleyes:

Let's see now, Vortex Blade, yea... now I remember... my patent on that was issued last October. I hope to have production going soon. I'll keep y'all posted as things happen.

Richard Martin
01-19-2002, 08:32 PM
Why is it that most of the people here who are testifying for the Blade Runner are new members and are from Missouri? Hmm... Kinda makes you wonder...

LAWNGODFATHER
01-19-2002, 08:40 PM
As I said before, I know abosultly nothing of this mower but what is said on here and the pics that are shown.

Captain Calamity
01-19-2002, 08:46 PM
Richard,

I signed on to lawnsite a year ago. It wasn't until after I had several accidents and four surgeries was I able to find time to participate here. Hence the name "Captain Calamity". Most of my forum time is spent on the CLIP forum. Spent so much time on it that I was a guest speaker at the CLIP conference last November in Frederick, Maryland, not too far from you.

WREBELMACHINE
01-19-2002, 10:22 PM
I have been a member since last year, however the mower is made in missouri so I guess that would give us an edge in it's performance. Plus they are in use in my area! And I use one all the time.

WREBELMACHINE
01-21-2002, 02:37 PM
RICHARD

I thought CAPTNDEVO was from IOWA! I beleve he gave a thumbs up! opinion.

JSG
01-21-2002, 03:01 PM
yada! yada! yada! I'll stick with Exmark. This is just
another example of a Revolutionary new product you'll
see advertised in a green industry buyers guide right next
to the new Bad Boy commercial ZTR and that innovative
machine the Rich convertible.:D

FrankenScagMachines
01-21-2002, 03:36 PM
OK, pics did not load for me. Is there a website? I have never heard of a blade runner, but not been on LS for a while either! i've been hanging my hat over at Plowsite.com !
Eric

Richard Martin
01-21-2002, 04:45 PM
LAWNGODFATHER,
I anticipated your reponse to my statement and I have an answer ready. Go back and carefully reread my statement, particularly the 5th word. I didn't seriously mean anything by it anyway, it was just an observation. :D

LAWNGODFATHER
01-21-2002, 06:20 PM
I anticipated your reponse to my statement and I have an answer ready

most

Uhhhh Ok?:confused:

Smoker26
01-21-2002, 06:56 PM
JSG;

Wouldn't you like to try a machine that has a product life of more than 3 years. That is what Exmark told a group of potential users a couple years back. The pumps are direct mounts to the engine, without the power robbing belt and pulley system of other machines. I believe there is a 12 or 12 percent power loss with that type of system. I like what I saw and am ready to use one.

MONTE
01-21-2002, 07:41 PM
I agree with you smoker!

I was a skeptic of the mower when I first heard about it. Then I saw it and took a closer look, it is a solid machine! Most of the comments on here have been positive and some negative. I will bet almost all the comments are based on these pictures only. Before you pass judgement on the machine you need to have an open mind and see the unit in person. Just like you would on any new product. RIGHT!

JSG
01-22-2002, 12:24 PM
I have never had a problem with power or lack thereof on an
Exmark. Their system has been proven to work well. I also
thought the original scag tiger looked quite a bit more heavy
duty than the lazer so I tried one what a mistake! My point is
things don't always work out as well as they appear they would.
I may not be on the cutting edge of new equipment but I also
won't need another parts inventory. I would rather rely on a
company that has a network of good dealers for service and parts. Usually the dealers that sell these new products are the same ones that every year have a new brand that is much better than the one that didn't sell last year. I may be cynical but after
twenty years in this business you learn not to get all worked up
over a product until it establishes a track record. Every once in
a while I slip up (scag) and I don't want to go down that road
again. Maybe having the manufacturer nearby is a plus.
Good luck.

WREBELMACHINE
01-22-2002, 02:34 PM
JSG

You have an interesting point but it does not apply in my area. Reason is EXMARK has had two dealers and one went bankrupt the other uses the line to sell grasshopper. parts are not easy to get and they just do not care! Meanwhile the d/c dealer just keeps taking more and more of the market. He took the BLADERUNNER line because he said that he did not want to try to compete with it. As far as being produced for a long time the lazer has only been produced since 1995 I think. That's not 20 years yet! I do agree with you on scag but it to has no dealer representation that's any good in this area. So it is interesting to see what is poplar in one are is diffrent in another.

JSG
01-22-2002, 03:31 PM
It does boil down to how good your dealer is no doubt about
it. Its interesting how up here most LCO's laugh at grasshopper's
and Dixie Choppers. I'm not trying to start anything just pointing
out the regional differences in purchasing. We'll see how the
machine performs.

WREBELMACHINE
01-23-2002, 03:03 PM
I would agree with you, any product that does not have dealer support is not going to be popular!

MONTE
01-23-2002, 03:26 PM
Question
For those of you who have seen the BLADERUNNER in person or talked to the factory guys.

I was driving east on 76hwy. in BRANSON MO. and saw a dealer that was carrying the BLADERUNNER mower so I stopped in and took a look! I ran into something interesting the diesel mowers that I had seen used a LAMBORGINI engine on them! He had a 42hp diesel machine with a DUETZ engine on it. Has anyone else seen this engine on this mower? And is this a good engine?

AZT
01-23-2002, 11:46 PM
There has been other companies try the Duetz engine. The engine is a air cooled diesel a real good engine but
it has been hard to mount on a mower because of vibration . It will usally break the structure also getting service
every where is not always so easy. There has also been other companies that used the other engine also without
much success. Again it usally comes down to a supporting network for parts and service. Mowers are used in one
of the most severe conditions for any equipment. Most mower engines operate at over 3000 rpm on a mower and
are going to have to have parts and service.

Mowingman
01-24-2002, 12:01 AM
For ten years I ran sand mining operations and we used Deutz diesels on all our pit pumps. These were 3 cyl. or 5 cyl. engines on 6" and 8" pumps. These are the toughest little diesels I have ever seen. They ran 24hrs/day,365 days/year. We shut each one down once/day for about 5 min. to check the oil, and thats it. We changed oil about every 250hr., so they were down for about 30 min. then too. Our ave engine life was 22,000 hours. We ran them to destruction, (throw rod= hole in block), as a short block was cheaper than an engine rebuild. I have seen them running with one cyl. blown and a hole in the block,still pumping water. I sure would like to see a smaller version adapted to a ztr mower. It would be a "lifetime " engine.:)

MONTE
01-24-2002, 12:10 PM
This DUETZ that I saw was water cooled!

Richard Martin
01-24-2002, 07:24 PM
Yawn.

Mowingman
01-24-2002, 09:26 PM
Our pump engines were all air - cooled. I was not aware that they made water - cooled engines also.:)

lee b
01-24-2002, 10:37 PM
22,000 hours is really good and I've used a Duetz air-cooled diesel on fertilizer equipment, a good little engine, but it vibrates too much for use on a mower. I know of a kubota with over 75,000 hours on it. BUT GET FOR REAL, nobody is gonna use a mower for 22,000 hours! Why not buy a mower with an expected life of say 4000 hours, save the extra money you'll spend on the diesel, because after 4000 hours you'll be sick of the mower and ready for a new one anyways.:D

Mowingman
01-24-2002, 10:47 PM
Lee,
Good point. Most folks want a new machine after several years, wheather it is to get the latest engineering designs, or to just have a fresh, new machine to ride on.:D

LAWNGODFATHER
01-24-2002, 11:59 PM
[list=1]
Stop / Start
On / Off
Heavy load/ Light load
Tall Grass / Short Grass
Thick grass / Thin Grass
Big bumps
Bad gas
low octain
water in fuel
Air cooled / liquid cooled
[/list=1]

How many of those factor in the life expectancy of an engine gas or deisel.

22,000 hours is not unheard of on a continuous running engine under constant continuous rearily changing load. Most of these factors any many others do not come into the equation.

4,000 to 5,000 hours I should expect out of most any engine.

WREBELMACHINE
01-25-2002, 01:02 PM
Monte
The BLADERUNNER that I have has a LAMBORGINI engine, I did not know of the DUETZ option. I do know a man who has a 60" D/C with a 20hp DUETZ on it it's an 89 model I think. It still runs good. It does however make me YAWN when I see it mow. Lee makes a good point about saving money and I quess it really boils down to what you are mowing! I mow for the parks dept and do some school mowing I recently bid on MODOT highway 30 miles of one stop mowing. The fuel saving alone for me payed the diffrence in 6 months of mowing plus I can mow this larger area much faster that I could with my gas powerd mowers. As far as longevity I personnaly feel that any diesel powerd mower If treated right could easily fetch more that 5,000 hrs. of use! If I can get close to that with a gas machine why could'nt I expect more from the diesel? But that's why mower manufactures make gas and diesel machines because both power plants have there place.

MONTE
01-25-2002, 02:48 PM
Thanks rebel
I see your point!

ow man
01-26-2002, 02:13 AM
Mo. Lawn & Garden Show......... Feb 15-17 2002. Ozark Empire Fairgrounds Springfield Mo. If you are in the area, please come out and see the Bladerunner for yourself. Compare to others.....you will be amazed. Wrebelmachine, great presentation on the features a couple of pages ago. You should be a salesman!!!!!!! I do know Bladerunner will be using Kawasaki on some models. GREAT CHOICE GUYS. While your at the Bladerunner booth, check out the hand held Kawasaki products line. Bladerunner and Kawasaki reps will be on hand to answer any questions you may have. See you at the show!

WREBELMACHINE
01-26-2002, 10:10 AM
Ow man
I owned a 27l/q Kawasaki BLADERUNNER for about a month good engine great machine I sold it to my father and kept the diesel unit! I hear that they are going to be using a 29efi Kawasaki! Thats probably a real nice choice. I have however put a deposit down for another diesel. I did buy some kawasaki trimmers last year great unit!!!!

See you at the show!

MONTE
01-26-2002, 10:26 AM
ow man

I just replied to your post on the lawn and garden show. I now have another question since kawasaki and bladerunner are in the same booth is there going to be any special prices on trimmers and the mowers? And also if they are in the same booth does kawasaki own bladerunner?

ow man
01-26-2002, 05:45 PM
Monte, Kawasaki doesn't own Bladerunner. We only sell Engines to them just as we do many other OEM's It would be nice, but for now we only produce engines and hand held products. (that alone is a full time job!) As for myself and the show, I am working with a dealer of ours that also happens to be a Bladerunner dealer. See you there.

MONTE
01-27-2002, 01:41 AM
Thanks ow man
Be ready cause I am ready to buy!

cormierlawn
01-27-2002, 02:32 AM
Cool mower..

rwleigh
01-27-2002, 11:42 AM
After reading the post and hearing all of the bragging I went down and tried one out. I am amazed at the machine this thing is built it's easy to work on if you would ever have to work on it. It's fast, smooth and by the way ow man the kawasaki engine is a nice choice. If it has a draw back it is the price. I was quoted a 25hp 60" water cooled kawasaki engine on a stainless body model for $8995. I think that this is high compared to a dixie chopper. However the way the machine is built it is worth the price diffrence! Plus I know that dixie does not have the water cooled kawasaki. This is my next mower! If you are looking for a new mower you might want to try one of these guys before you buy!

WREBELMACHINE
02-06-2002, 11:56 AM
MONTE

I saw the DUETZ engine option today it is the same engine as the LAMBORGINI! I was suprised to see it but it is identical except for the blue colored oil filter.

TLS
02-06-2002, 01:02 PM
Just so you guys know....It's Lambardini .....NOT LAMBORGINI! It's an engine, not an Italian sports car!

WREBELMACHINE
02-06-2002, 01:28 PM
OK you are right! But it is fun to say that I own a LAMBORGINI and it's parked in the garage!

Administrator
02-06-2002, 10:16 PM
This has turned into advertisement for bladerunner.

Closed

1MajorTom
02-06-2002, 10:43 PM
Chuck:
You forgot the "padlock" on this one. :laugh:

Administrator
02-06-2002, 11:20 PM
Thanks for reminding me... my browser crashed then I forgot. :)