PDA

View Full Version : power washing question

bigw
06-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey guys i want to power wash a house that is half brick and half vinyl siding, my pressure washer is a cold water 4,000 psi and 4 GPM, what can i use as far as chemicals that will work on both surfaces. Thanks.

Grits
06-26-2008, 12:27 AM
How will you be applying the chemicals?

DAFFMOBILEWASH
06-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Keep the chemicals in the pail. use a brush to apply them. A good quality degreaser is a solid start. Keep ther chems weak and add concentration as you need . Elbow grease is much safer for the first timers. Good luck

DAFF

bigw
06-27-2008, 12:38 AM
How will you be applying the chemicals?

I was hoping to apply them through the power washer with the low pressure fitting

bigw
06-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Keep the chemicals in the pail. use a brush to apply them. A good quality degreaser is a solid start. Keep ther chems weak and add concentration as you need . Elbow grease is much safer for the first timers. Good luck

DAFF

use a brush?? the house is 2 stories high dont think a brush will cut it!

Grits
06-27-2008, 01:26 AM
I was hoping to apply them through the power washer with the low pressure fitting

Chlorine and Simple Cherry. Go to pressuretek.com to get the Simple Cherry.

CCPC
06-27-2008, 02:15 AM
Use a detergent and chlorine mixture, and apply using a downstream injector.

CCPC
06-27-2008, 02:16 AM

DAFF

I hope your kidding.

Happy Frog
06-27-2008, 02:30 AM
12% SH and Simple Cherry.
Downstream with GP hi-draw injector.
Works on both surfaces.
For heavy mold on brick, dilute your mix 50% and brush it on the affected areas (usually were sprinklers over-spray the house). Let swell 10 minutes and proceed with regular house wash.
You need four nozzles: two for down-streaming (0040, 2540) and two for washing (0010 & 2510)
Nozzles, hi-draw injector and Simple Cherry are sold by Pressure Tek.
And don't do pressure washing if you do not know how :hammerhead:
Damage the brick finish of a house and you'll understand what I mean...

bigw
06-27-2008, 03:04 PM
12% SH and Simple Cherry.
Downstream with GP hi-draw injector.
Works on both surfaces.
For heavy mold on brick, dilute your mix 50% and brush it on the affected areas (usually were sprinklers over-spray the house). Let swell 10 minutes and proceed with regular house wash.
You need four nozzles: two for down-streaming (0040, 2540) and two for washing (0010 & 2510)
Nozzles, hi-draw injector and Simple Cherry are sold by Pressure Tek.
And don't do pressure washing if you do not know how :hammerhead:
Damage the brick finish of a house and you'll understand what I mean...

its my house so if i mess up its on me right, where can i get the 12% SH IS THAT regular pool chlorine or am i wrong?

Happy Frog
06-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Yes, it is pool chlorine (also know as liquid pool shock)
I get mine in bulk from the local ACE Hardware store for a good price.
Make sure you buy real chlorine and not a substitute.
To make your mix, disolve two 8oz. scoop of Simple Cherry in 1/4 gal. of hot water and poor it in 5 gal. of 12% SH. (get 12.5% SH if you can find some in your area).
Good luck to you and send me a PM if you need more help.