PDA

View Full Version : Toro Custom Command Controller

ZX12R
06-26-2008, 12:20 AM
I was at a supplier picking up lights when a rep approaches me and askes me if I want a 12 station irrigation controller. Of course I said yes. A homeowner returned it because he said it did not work,however,it works fine.

I will tell you this now. I do landscape construction and lighting as a profession.I have no desire to do irrigation work for hire.When approached to do so,I send them to an irrigation professional,so,do not beat me over the head with that line.:hammerhead:

Anyway,since it was free,I am going to use this controller at my own house.So,the wuesation is,what is your opinion on this controller? Good,bad,ok,or junk? Below is a link to a pic of it.

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Toro-Custom-Command-Controller-Plastic-Outdoor-p/tcc-p12.htm

greenmonster304
06-26-2008, 12:32 AM
never saw one before but looks just like a irrirtol total control which I like (toro owns irritrol)

Without A Drought
06-26-2008, 06:09 AM
similar to the total control. i like them both.

pg

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-26-2008, 06:32 AM
they are ok

Flow Control
06-26-2008, 07:06 AM
Top Notch a couple of decades ago

AI Inc
06-26-2008, 07:09 AM
Just what these guys said, , a total control with a toro stamp on it. Good in its time but outdated.

Waterit
06-26-2008, 08:26 AM
TORO is a four-letter word...

Wet_Boots
06-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Still a good controller.

AI Inc
06-26-2008, 08:40 AM
Before I started using pro c,s , that was my clock of chopice for large systems.

Dripit good
06-26-2008, 09:21 AM
We are replacing three of those at a business park that are only a few years old. They are very erratic while trying to program...........the display will randomly bounce from mode to mode...............confidence is very low in those.

Mike Leary
06-26-2008, 10:55 AM
We've got a ton of Total Controls in service, as well as some Custom Commands.
Not a bad clock at all.

irrig8r
06-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Especially if you need 16 start times per program....:dizzy:

I've had at least two customers where they or their gardener messed with the programs thinking they needed a start time for each zone....

Call: "My sprinklers are possessed! They go through one cycle and then start up all over again and it goes on all day!"

I've had one running at my mom's house since they first came out with nary a problem.

I don't like the minor detail that you can only forward advance through the stations... but other than that they've been solid.

I think the Custom Command is just a Total Control with a souvenir screwdriver attached. :)

AI Inc
06-26-2008, 03:26 PM
We are replacing three of those at a business park that are only a few years old. They are very erratic while trying to program...........the display will randomly bounce from mode to mode...............confidence is very low in those.

They are famous for that , onew needs to be patiant with them and move a little slower.

Waterit
06-26-2008, 03:51 PM
I've had at least two customers where they or their gardener messed with the programs thinking they needed a start time for each zone....

Call: "My sprinklers are possessed! They go through one cycle and then start up all over again and it goes on all day!"

Glad to see I'm not the only one with customer-programming issues. Guy called today that his system has been on for last 3 days - yup, 6 start times for each of 3 programs.

:::Add to tape loop: one program, one start time, one program, one start time, one program...::::

AI Inc
06-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one with customer-programming issues. Guy called today that his system has been on for last 3 days - yup, 6 start times for each of 3 programs.

:::Add to tape loop: one program, one start time, one program, one start time, one program...::::

I had a customers daughter ( customer is 95 yrs old ) call me and ask me to install an outdoor controller indoors so she could lock it and keep her mother away from it.

ZX12R
06-26-2008, 09:05 PM
From all your replies,it sounds like this controller falls somewhere in the middle of a good one and a bad one. I will use it until it fails or drives me crazy.:dizzy:

I appreciate all the feedback..thanks guys!

My next question is in reference to valves,but,I will start a new thread for that.