PDA

View Full Version : Accelerator bag

johnnywalker
01-07-2002, 01:07 PM
Quoted $435US+$50 shipping for an XL Accelerator bag for a WB.
Need a large bag for very limited use. How easy & sturdy is the mount (claim braketless), dismount? How well does the XL bag fill & app. how heavy would the XL bag be filled with wet clippings or leaves?
Thanks
[/URL] http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/index.htm[URL]

fivestarlawnken
01-07-2002, 03:51 PM
For limited use i have the grass gobbler(metal 3.3 cubic cage),works nice it was 150.00+tax. It has a bracket you drill in your deck and cage lifts on and off.Hope this helps or not.:cool:

johnnywalker
01-07-2002, 05:21 PM
Wanted as big as possible.
Accelerator XL is 6.2 c.f.. Grass Gobbler Jumbo is 4.3 c.f. with Leaf Gobbler extension is 8.9 c.f..
How does this extension work? They don't recommend using Jumbo Gobbler with Leaf Gobbler extension on grass. Why?
Accelerator bag can be used on both & looks, based only on the pics, like a better unit.

scott's turf
01-07-2002, 05:55 PM
Grass is probably too heavy for the bag and bracket to take. That is a lot of torque with a bag that large. I stay away from lawns I have to bag. Too much work!

bob
01-07-2002, 10:57 PM
$485 for a bagger- wow! Here's my advice, don't bag grass! The only bagging that I do is leaves. And the customer must allow me to dump the leaves on their property or in the street for city pick-up. I refuse to bring any grass or leaves home.

LJ lawn
01-07-2002, 11:08 PM
i bought one 2 years ago,i only use it occasionally.they are nice.very light weight and pack well.i don't think i payed that much,i bought the standard model.i see they are making them for z riders now.i used to have that heavy plastic model that lanscapers supply sells,but it didn't pack well (even after drilling over 100 holes in it).

accuratelawn
01-08-2002, 12:22 PM
I use one. XL
Pro- light, I can use it on my WB and my Z
-on and off in seconds
-easy to dump
-pack well, but you must clean it out occasionaly to
good air flow

cons- expensive and will need repairs if used alot The welds on the mesh are weak.

johnnywalker
01-08-2002, 06:22 PM
accuratelawn,
Talked to the owner he says they've made the 3/16 th holes smaller, used a rougher material & claim a better weld on the new models. Some good deals right now, free shipping, & price discounts for the next month. Wonder if the're clearing out old stock for an improved catcher.
Only concern is if a floating deck on a 36" WB could support the weight of a full catcher. Deck tip?

G.Williams
01-08-2002, 08:50 PM
We have accelerators for our wright standers, work like a charm. No problems and relatively light for all the grass it holds.

accuratelawn
01-08-2002, 10:24 PM
Johnywalker,
I had an old style and the new style. The changes ( smaller hoes,etc.) is better.