PDA

View Full Version : Just noticed both gas containers stolen!

green-pa
06-26-2008, 12:19 AM
I had 2, 2 gallon containers which I just filled ( $18) and someone stole them from the back of my truck. I'm not sure if it was when I ran in and took a pee at the station or at my customer's house. I know I checked on my trimmer as I always do and put the blower in the cab. This is the first time I've ever had gas stolen. Makes me wonder if anyone's tried to syphon out of my truck. Really pisses me off. Wish they would've been 1/2 full, not so bad. Wish I knew who did it and then I could sucker him with some gas that would mess up whatever he's using it on. What a punk/s! :realmad::gunsfirin

What do u guys do to protect your containers, cause I'm sure I'm not the only one who this is happenning to. I guess I could get some kinda cage or just lock em to something with a cord through em. Sucks that it has to be this way.

MJS
06-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Uuh, bike lock maybe? One of those cables that's about a foot long with a padlock on the end - that would probably work.

mnglocker
06-26-2008, 01:01 PM
I've got a 15' krypton cable that I run through my pusher, cans and blower.

Green Team Landscaping
06-26-2008, 01:04 PM
i dont have to worry about that here, but if you wanna have a good time, make our same trip with un locked up cans, except mess with the gas. put in a little water or something ;). also did you consider the possibility that it could have bounced out of your trailer?

mybowtie
06-26-2008, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE= also did you consider the possibility that it could have bounced out of your trailer?[/QUOTE]

Said they were in the back of the truck.....That would have been one heck of a bump. Sucks having your stuff stolen. And a PITA having to lock everything up all the time..................:usflag:

Mowbizz
06-26-2008, 04:25 PM
i dont have to worry about that here, but if you wanna have a good time, make our same trip with un locked up cans, except mess with the gas. put in a little water or something ;). also did you consider the possibility that it could have bounced out of your trailer?

Hey...I'm in Salem just east of you and they're stealing gas around here...last night's channel 9 news had a bit about gas being stolen in Hampton Falls NH...and a couple of guys were walking slowly by my house this morning...they went by and then came back...when I questioned them they said they'd "run out of gas and were checking to see if their buddy was home up the street...very suspicious to me. I lock everything up and have security motion lighting. It CAN and WILL happen when you least expect it...

razor1
06-26-2008, 04:35 PM
"I'm not sure if it was when I ran in and took a pee at the station"

Any video cameras at the station?

RickR1818
06-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Hey GreenPa,

Where do you think this happened. I think I cut in the same areas as you. I would just like to know whereabout you were.

Lawn-Sharks
06-26-2008, 04:48 PM
I keep my cans in my enclosed trailer know that i had my 2gallon can stolen last week, But theirs a twist i think you all will like! The can that was stolen out the back of my truck was an old can that i hit with my mower and put a small hole in it up by the top so now instead of using it for gas i washed it out and starting storing water in it just in case i ever needed for my truck. Well on the day it was stolen, i was at a customers house that is a 2 acre account and mid way through i had to pee really bad so i booked it up to the truck and grabbed that 2gallon can and went into my trailer and closed the door and well you can figure out what i did.... so i put the can back into the back of the truck and figured i would dump it out when i got home so know one would think i was dumping gas on a lawn. Heres the good part at some point during the remaining stops i made someone snatched that can! when i got home i noticed that it was missing and started laughing!!!!! Some ****** bag thought they pulled a fast one.. Ha...Ha.. wait till they go to use what they thought was GAS.....I hope they spill it on themselves. So I told myself if pee + water is worth stealing, then what would free gas be worth. Now because of this i keep all my cans in my trailer.

Horsepower Lawns
06-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Hey GreenPa,

Where do you think this happened. I think I cut in the same areas as you. I would just like to know whereabout you were.

I want to know also.

Can you get a cover for your bed? If your bed has tie loops get a cheap backet that the cans fit tight in, then run a cable lock to the tie loops.

SamTheLawnMan
06-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Hope they were mixed 50:1 and the POS who stole it pours it in his car....:laugh:

MJS
06-26-2008, 06:28 PM
I keep my cans in my enclosed trailer know that i had my 2gallon can stolen last week, But theirs a twist i think you all will like! The can that was stolen out the back of my truck was an old can that i hit with my mower and put a small hole in it up by the top so now instead of using it for gas i washed it out and starting storing water in it just in case i ever needed for my truck. Well on the day it was stolen, i was at a customers house that is a 2 acre account and mid way through i had to pee really bad so i booked it up to the truck and grabbed that 2gallon can and went into my trailer and closed the door and well you can figure out what i did.... so i put the can back into the back of the truck and figured i would dump it out when i got home so know one would think i was dumping gas on a lawn. Heres the good part at some point during the remaining stops i made someone snatched that can! when i got home i noticed that it was missing and started laughing!!!!! Some ****** bag thought they pulled a fast one.. Ha...Ha.. wait till they go to use what they thought was GAS.....I hope they spill it on themselves. So I told myself if pee + water is worth stealing, then what would free gas be worth. Now because of this i keep all my cans in my trailer.

lolol now that is a funny story. :laugh: It's almost worse than stealing an empty can. . .

Isobel
06-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Some ****** bag thought they pulled a fast one.. Ha...Ha.. wait till they go to use what they thought was GAS.....I hope they spill it on themselves. So I told myself if pee + water is worth stealing, then what would free gas be worth. Now because of this i keep all my cans in my trailer.

Wow... I really needed that laugh to pick me up today! :clapping::clapping:

Green Team Landscaping
06-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Said they were in the back of the truck.....That would have been one heck of a bump. Sucks having your stuff stolen. And a PITA having to lock everything up all the time..................:usflag:
oh right.missed that

Green Team Landscaping
06-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Hey...I'm in Salem just east of you and they're stealing gas around here...last night's channel 9 news had a bit about gas being stolen in Hampton Falls NH...and a couple of guys were walking slowly by my house this morning...they went by and then came back...when I questioned them they said they'd "run out of gas and were checking to see if their buddy was home up the street...very suspicious to me. I lock everything up and have security motion lighting. It CAN and WILL happen when you least expect it...
wow, i think i'll watch out for that. i didnt realize that it was happening around here. i think you should mess with them, and be like "oh man i havesome gas for you" and give then watereddown gas, or anything nasty that'll f with their engine

MowHouston
06-26-2008, 09:53 PM
I keep an extra can with me, nice and out in the open in the back of the truck.

However, when I have to take a piss on the job, I do it in that can. Anyone is free to take it and fill 'er up if they want :D

Nah, not really, but sure would be satisfying if someone did. Forced karma lol

green-pa
06-26-2008, 10:53 PM
"I'm not sure if it was when I ran in and took a pee at the station"

Any video cameras at the station?

I didn't think of that. Maybe, well do u think it's too late? It's been about 36 hours. It was a 7-eleven.

green-pa
06-26-2008, 10:54 PM
Hey GreenPa,

It was at the 7-eleven on 25th and post

green-pa
06-26-2008, 10:56 PM
:laugh:I keep my cans in my enclosed trailer know that i had my 2gallon can stolen last week, But theirs a twist i think you all will like! The can that was stolen out the back of my truck was an old can that i hit with my mower and put a small hole in it up by the top so now instead of using it for gas i washed it out and starting storing water in it just in case i ever needed for my truck. Well on the day it was stolen, i was at a customers house that is a 2 acre account and mid way through i had to pee really bad so i booked it up to the truck and grabbed that 2gallon can and went into my trailer and closed the door and well you can figure out what i did.... so i put the can back into the back of the truck and figured i would dump it out when i got home so know one would think i was dumping gas on a lawn. Heres the good part at some point during the remaining stops i made someone snatched that can! when i got home i noticed that it was missing and started laughing!!!!! Some ****** bag thought they pulled a fast one.. Ha...Ha.. wait till they go to use what they thought was GAS.....I hope they spill it on themselves. So I told myself if pee + water is worth stealing, then what would free gas be worth. Now because of this i keep all my cans in my trailer.

THat's great! I hope he used it all! That'll teach em!

green-pa
06-26-2008, 10:58 PM
I want to know also.

Can you get a cover for your bed? If your bed has tie loops get a cheap backet that the cans fit tight in, then run a cable lock to the tie loops.

Yeah I have the holes in the bed ( whatever they're called ) and am planning on getting some kind of cabe through them and I'll do like one guy's doing and just run my cans, trimmer, blower, and 21 inch around it. May take a moment longer each time but it beats losing something much worse that the gas I lost; a trimmer or something else like that!

green-pa
06-26-2008, 11:00 PM
Hope they were mixed 50:1 and the POS who stole it pours it in his car....:laugh:

THanks :) Well unfortunately they were reg gas, mid grade, 4 gallons total and 2 cans. They left my 2-1 gallon trimmer, blower, mixed cans alone.

LawnsM
06-27-2008, 08:26 AM
What a bummer!

razor1
06-27-2008, 11:31 AM
I didn't think of that. Maybe, well do u think it's too late? It's been about 36 hours. It was a 7-eleven.

Its worth trying.

We need a gas station sting operation. :gunsfirin

J.A.G LAWNCARE
06-27-2008, 11:37 AM
you need 1 can of gas with 50% water 50% GAS on your trailer for all to see let them take that one ....keep all your other **** locked up.....

J.A.G LAWNCARE
06-27-2008, 11:38 AM
people see you mow in the back yard they think all your **** is free.....

J.A.G LAWNCARE
06-27-2008, 11:40 AM
people are broke and think we make all the money with are nice trucks and mowers and they can help them selves to are ****..............

gorknoids
06-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Both trailers have mounts for 5-gallon cans, and we've looped chain through the expanded metal so they can be padlocked on. Lost a full can last year, and unless we start drilling AMWR and off the coast, it will only get worse.

grasswhacker
06-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Both trailers have mounts for 5-gallon cans, and we've looped chain through the expanded metal so they can be padlocked on. Lost a full can last year, and unless we start drilling AMWR and off the coast, it will only get worse.

If gas goes to $6-7, we'll have to start carrying firearms because the thieves will get bolder and bolder, stealing right in front of your eyes.

mnglocker
06-27-2008, 05:22 PM
If gas goes to $6-7, we'll have to start carrying firearms because the thieves will get bolder and bolder, stealing right in front of your eyes.

You're not allready? :hammerhead:

grasswhacker
06-27-2008, 06:18 PM
You're not allready? :hammerhead:

Not yet. I will get my concealed carry first.:laugh:

topsites
06-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Ain't like folks never stole gas before, don't think it's the high price that does it, maybe to a point but they used to steal that stuff all along the way and long before gas hit 2 and 3 and 4 bucks a gallon too.

For the most part the crime is committed for the challenge...
They really just want to see if they can get away with it,
it's almost like a dare and that crap's been going on forever.

All it takes is a large 20-30 gallon fuel tank like every redneck knows them big pickup trucks have...
Always the first thing I do when I get a new truck is either transfer or buy a locking gas cap for it.
Sorry, I don't trust no fuel gauge, by then it's too late.

GravelyNut
06-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Ain't like folks never stole gas before, don't think it's the high price that does it, maybe to a point but they used to steal that stuff all along the way and long before gas hit 2 and 3 and 4 bucks a gallon too.

For the most part the crime is committed for the challenge...
They really just want to see if they can get away with it,
it's almost like a dare and that crap's been going on forever.

All it takes is a large 20-30 gallon fuel tank like every redneck knows them big pickup trucks have...
Always the first thing I do when I get a new truck is either transfer or buy a locking gas cap for it.
Sorry, I don't trust no fuel gauge, by then it's too late.
Locking caps don't slow them down. The just punch holes in the bottom of the plastic tanks.

Sammy
06-29-2008, 07:29 AM
I keep my cans in my enclosed trailer now(sic) that i had my 2gallon can stolen last week, issing

Keeping them in a enclosed trailer is legal in Fla. ? :nono:

Lawn Enforcer
07-08-2008, 01:56 PM
Sorry, I don't trust no fuel gauge, by then it's too late.[/QUOTE]

I don't want a locking gas cap because they just punch a hole in the tank and wreck it or they scratch my truck or something stupid.

My friend and I had a fun idea. We filled up 2 of the 5+ gallon gas cans with water and set them in the back of his Dodge Dakota (lower to ground) and we went to Wal-Mart and wandered around for an hour at about 9 pm. Came out, and both cans were empty! Ha, joke's on them! We went driving around to see if we could find a stalled car somewhere, but we couldn't find one. We laughed for a long time about that.