PDA

View Full Version : New Toro Pro-line

SNAPPER MAN
06-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Here is a pic of my new 21" Toro Pro-line with a kawasaki KAI engine. This mower is awsome. I cant believe my dad bought me this for my birthday (manana). I cant wait to use it tomorrow. Gracias al Dios!!!

By-The-Lake
06-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Congrats, nice birthday gift. How do you tell the difference between a KAI and non-KAI version of the motor? Is it printed on the top of the mower?

fastcat
06-26-2008, 06:11 PM
kai is printed on them

Firefighter337
06-26-2008, 08:05 PM
I would be real proud if my father bought me something of that caliber. Take care of it.

Any idea what you spent on it?

lgyardservices
06-26-2008, 08:23 PM
what is the kawasaki KAI? is it just a better type of engine?

SNAPPER MAN
06-26-2008, 08:44 PM
The KAI just has a better air filtration system. Its the only kawasaki engine offered on toro commercial mowers. I think my dad paid around $1K for this and I am definatly going to take very very good care of it.

goldrush
06-26-2008, 08:57 PM
i'd take it too! all i got was a pair of boots from my parents this year lol

93Chevy
06-26-2008, 09:03 PM
Nice mower. I just bought a new Snapper this year and I'm lovin' it. Hope you like your Toro!

STIHL GUY
06-26-2008, 09:27 PM
wow nice mower

SNAPPER MAN
06-26-2008, 09:57 PM
93Chevy, I have 2 Snapper-Pro Hi vac mowers and I love the way they cut but when the grass is wet it will not bag and cannot mulch worth a crap in any situation.

KS_Grasscutter
06-26-2008, 10:07 PM
93Chevy, I have 2 Snapper-Pro Hi vac mowers and I love the way they cut but when the grass is wet it will not bag and cannot mulch worth a crap in any situation.

Thats a hell of a birthday present. How old are you now lol? July 20th I turn 18, and am hoping for a big present like that (actually hoping for a high dump Walker, but I KNOW that AIN'T happening :laugh:).

deere615
06-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Nice mower

SNAPPER MAN
06-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Im turning 15.

lgyardservices
06-26-2008, 11:34 PM
does it have BBC? I am actually going to get almost the same mower but it has BBC and is self propelled. Nice mower!

Lawn Enforcer
06-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Nice mower, my uncle had one just like it!

And what's wrong with a parent helping out his son? He obviously wants his son to succeed in life, maybe his dad wants his son to have a better life than he has had- that's why my dad helps me out in business, my dad has worked at 2 different factories in the last 32 years, and he doesn't want me to have to do that for the rest of my life, and once I get the biz really rolling, I'm going to bring my dad along full-time.

Happy Frog
06-27-2008, 02:01 AM
Congrats!
Let us know how it works for you.

TheChiefsLawnCare
06-27-2008, 03:26 AM
uh oooooooooooooo. nice mower, youll like it. i have last year's model i actually wanted the once with the big air filter but they didnt have it when i bought mine.

freshprince94
06-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Nice mower SNAPPER MAN. I think your user name is sorta outdated now.

DoetschOutdoor
06-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Nothing wrong with parents helping you out when you are getting started, mine did and thats part of the reason why I have nice stuff now. It would be different if you were 21 years old and your parents bought you stuff but oh well. If they are goin to buy you presents and you are into lawn care, why not be something you can use for a long time and make money with?

doubleedge
06-27-2008, 01:55 PM
"Having employees that enjoy what they are doing and care about quality is what makes happy customers."

Why is that in your sig if you don't have employees, snapper man?

KCfireman
06-27-2008, 02:08 PM
nice mower. i used to have a toro push but i dont think it was that one. I had it probably 7 years ago.

DoetschOutdoor
06-27-2008, 03:49 PM
"Having employees that enjoy what they are doing and care about quality is what makes happy customers."

Why is that in your sig if you don't have employees, snapper man?

Everyone knows that you can not have a business when you are 15 years old and everyone knows that you can not have employees when you are 15 years old but hey thats what this website is for!

Michael J. Donovan
06-27-2008, 05:12 PM
no need to turn this thread into a "my dad is better then your dad" thread. if you would like to comment then, by all means, you can, but we do not need to attack another member because he was given something as a birthday gift. if you feel it is necessary to do so then please keep your comments to yourself.

thanks

KCfireman
06-27-2008, 05:44 PM
i agree. Snapper man how are the cub cadet commercial mowers line? Are they reliable? I mowed a 4 acre yard with the M60 Tank and i thought it was actually a pretty good darn mower.

SNAPPER MAN
06-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Actually guys I have 2 full time employees. We have 2 days of mowing a week and try to fill in the rest with landscaping, etc. I used the pro-line today and I love it. It cuts hands down better than my snappers (ya I think the name is a little outdated also). And I actually am not the owner, my company is in my mom's name so that we could obtain insurance and workers comp. I do have the best employees and treat them better than most other Patrons (bosses) around here would. KCfireman09, I love my Cubcadet Commercial equipment. The TANK is a hell of a machine. I would reccomend them to anybody.

Green Team Landscaping
06-27-2008, 06:12 PM
you'll love that proline. they always start up 1st pull

DoetschOutdoor
06-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Sounds good. How many accounts are you guys doing?

KCfireman
06-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Actually guys I have 2 full time employees. We have 2 days of mowing a week and try to fill in the rest with landscaping, etc. I used the pro-line today and I love it. It cuts hands down better than my snappers (ya I think the name is a little outdated also). And I actually am not the owner, my company is in my mom's name so that we could obtain insurance and workers comp. I do have the best employees and treat them better than most other Patrons (bosses) around here would. KCfireman09, I love my Cubcadet Commercial equipment. The TANK is a hell of a machine. I would reccomend them to anybody.
what types of mowers are you running?

SNAPPER MAN
06-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Here is a list of equipment we run:
1999 Ford F-150 XLT Sport extended cab, short bed, 5.4L Triton (loves gas)
6.5X12 Tandam axle landscape trailer with 4ft expanded metal sides and racks
48" Cubcadet Commercial TANK with a 23hp kawasaki
32" Cubcadet Commercial gear drive walkbehind with jungle wheels
21" Toro Pro-line with 6hp kawasaki KAI engine
(2) 21" Snapper-Pro Hi-vac with 5.5hp honda GXV engine
(2) Stihl FS-250R Trimmer (beasts)
Stihl FS-100RX trimmer (piece of junk)
Stihl BR-420 magnum bp blower
Echo PB-755H bp blower
Echo PE-230 edge
Stihl HS-45 hedge clipper
Stihl HC-100 extended reach hedge clipper

Right now we service 18 Residential (some tiny some HUGE), 4 commercial (3 restaurants and the American Postal Workers Union), and I am turning in a bid this coming monday for a 10 acre park that I have a good chance on getting and would get us another full day of mowing. Thanks for all the positive comments guys. God Bless!

S man
06-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Here is a list of equipment we run:
1999 Ford F-150 XLT Sport extended cab, short bed, 5.4L Triton (loves gas)
6.5X12 Tandam axle landscape trailer with 4ft expanded metal sides and racks
48" Cubcadet Commercial TANK with a 23hp kawasaki
32" Cubcadet Commercial gear drive walkbehind with jungle wheels
21" Toro Pro-line with 6hp kawasaki KAI engine
(2) 21" Snapper-Pro Hi-vac with 5.5hp honda GXV engine
(2) Stihl FS-250R Trimmer (beasts)
Stihl FS-100RX trimmer (piece of junk)
Stihl BR-420 magnum bp blower
Echo PB-755H bp blower
Echo PE-230 edge
Stihl HS-45 hedge clipper
Stihl HC-100 extended reach hedge clipper

Right now we service 18 Residential (some tiny some HUGE), 4 commercial (3 restaurants and the American Postal Workers Union), and I am turning in a bid this coming monday for a 10 acre park that I have a good chance on getting and would get us another full day of mowing. Thanks for all the positive comments guys. God Bless!

Dude, I admire you a lot!!! I really like how you run your biz and keep it all under control. I'm 18 and trouble keeping up with my 40 residentials!:dizzy::dizzy: That's awsome that your dad got you a toro commercial!!! They are kick a$$ mowers. I actually traded in my toros for the exmark version with the easier controls. Both are great. How does it compare to the snappers? I think you are going to love it over the hivac deck when mulching and for bagging. Keep up the good work and God bless to you too.

SNAPPER MAN
06-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks man. I take pride in my business and want it to be the best it can be and nothing less. I am one of the few companies that is not huge in my area that has uniformed employees (customers like that alot). The Toro cuts hands down better than my snappers, the snappers would always clog when mowing wet grass but this proline had no problem mowing tall wet grass today and leaving behind a beautiful cut. Some of my customers came out and complemented me today on the cut of the mower because it was so much better than my snappers. I dont understand how people can think that the single bar proline is difficult to use, I found it to be effortless and much more convenient than my snappers. The bagging system is also alot better which I really enjoy because I bag alot of my nice accounts.

S man
06-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks man. I take pride in my business and want it to be the best it can be and nothing less. I am one of the few companies that is not huge in my area that has uniformed employees (customers like that alot). The Toro cuts hands down better than my snappers, the snappers would always clog when mowing wet grass but this proline had no problem mowing tall wet grass today and leaving behind a beautiful cut. Some of my customers came out and complemented me today on the cut of the mower because it was so much better than my snappers. I dont understand how people can think that the single bar proline is difficult to use, I found it to be effortless and much more convenient than my snappers. The bagging system is also alot better which I really enjoy because I bag alot of my nice accounts.

Good to hear. The toros are just more productive machines in terms of cut and durability. I always take the toro over the snapper when I bring my 21". I actually sold off my commercial hivac. I just have the res. snapper now. It's good for discharging.:laugh:
Oh excuse me I mean I take my exmark.

lgyardservices
06-27-2008, 11:46 PM
i have always been wondering...what is the little metal bar on the front of the Toro Prolines that like connects the front two wheels? It looks like a little stairstep thing haha just wonderin

KCfireman
06-28-2008, 03:03 AM
good to see you have the 5.4. Ive got the 4x4 5.4 and i does suck down gas. Im hoping to upgrade to a 7.3 Turbo Diesel F-450 w/ a dump bed. That would make life a lot easier and i would also purchase a bullydog superchip to increase the gas milage.

SNAPPER MAN
06-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh ya I need a bigger truck. This fall im planning on buying a new work truck and I either want a Ford F-250 crew cab diesel or a F-450 crew cab with a landscape dump.

KCfireman
06-28-2008, 06:46 PM
You have to be careful though at your age. With the price of diesel you will be putting about $230 worth of diesel in your truck each week. Its ashame your not looking for a truck right now. A lot of guys in my Fire. Dept. are selling their diesels becuase its costing them over $200 to fill them up weekly.

SNAPPER MAN
06-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Ya it cost alot but there are paybacks. If you look at the cost of diesel vs. gas its about 12% more, but you get about 30% better fuel economy and the trucks last a hell of alot longer. The only reason Im not looking at getting one now is because I have to pay off my ztr first. I dont like having more bills than I have to have.

S man
06-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Ya it cost alot but there are paybacks. If you look at the cost of diesel vs. gas its about 12% more, but you get about 30% better fuel economy and the trucks last a hell of alot longer. The only reason Im not looking at getting one now is because I have to pay off my ztr first. I dont like having more bills than I have to have.

Ouch yeah bills do really suck. That's why I only buy stuff if I can pay cash. Hope you make some serious payup

KCfireman
06-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Ya it cost alot but there are paybacks. If you look at the cost of diesel vs. gas its about 12% more, but you get about 30% better fuel economy and the trucks last a hell of alot longer. The only reason Im not looking at getting one now is because I have to pay off my ztr first. I dont like having more bills than I have to have.Your pretty smart for your age. I assume your mom helps you with your financing. At least mine did when i bought my first commercial mower. Its never good being in debt.

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-28-2008, 09:40 PM
i have always been wondering...what is the little metal bar on the front of the Toro Prolines that like connects the front two wheels? It looks like a little stairstep thing haha just wonderin

It's to protect you from smashing the motor.

SNAPPER MAN
06-28-2008, 10:01 PM
My mom basically does the finances for the company, letting me know how much we are going to be able to use for equipment that month, how much goes toward bills, etc. I hustle the business and deal with customers along with follow up on jobs. I only mow with my guys and they do landscaping and mulch work independent. They work alot more efficiently when its just them for landscaping because they have been doing this for years.

SNAPPER MAN
06-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Here is a picture of an account I picked up this week. Was referred to be by one of my high end customers. The proline cut this lawn beautifully. I'm planning on cutting it higher next week. I love this mower.

KCfireman
06-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Here is a picture of an account I picked up this week. Was referred to be by one of my high end customers. The proline cut this lawn beautifully. I'm planning on cutting it higher next week. I love this mower.
Why did you cut it with the proline? I would have cut it with the tank.:hammerhead:

S man
06-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Why did you cut it with the proline? I would have cut it with the tank.:hammerhead:

Same here.:weightlifter:

DSLND
06-28-2008, 11:29 PM

Thats another reason.

When I bought mine, my dealer told me the bar was for lifting the machine in and out of pick up trucks. Being the mower weighs like 124lb, it helps! lol.

Everything looks great, Sean!

-Mitch-

SNAPPER MAN
06-28-2008, 11:59 PM
I hate putting my ztr on small lawns. I prefer to use the smaller mowers either 32 or 21". The lawn looks larger in the picture than it really is and I also didnt want to side discharge on this lawn. Thanks Mitch I agree the bar helps when lifting it. Its a heavy mofo.

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-29-2008, 12:35 AM
I hate putting my ztr on small lawns. I prefer to use the smaller mowers either 32 or 21".

You're showing your age. Tell us how you feel about it in 10 years. :laugh:

KCfireman
06-29-2008, 02:22 AM
You're showing your age. Tell us how you feel about it in 10 years. :laugh::laugh: Im only 19 but all the weight lifting in HS for wrestling really did a number on me.

whoopassonthebluegrass
06-29-2008, 02:45 AM
:laugh: Im only 19 but all the weight lifting in HS for wrestling really did a number on me.

What school did you go to? I actually spent about 8 years of my childhood in Olathe.

SNAPPER MAN
06-29-2008, 09:47 AM
How am I showing my age? No crews around here would put their ztr on a lawn like this one. 32" is the biggist most would go on this lawn.

KCfireman
06-29-2008, 10:37 AM
What school did you go to? I actually spent about 8 years of my childhood in Olathe. Blue Vallet Northweset. "The Rich School" as it is now called.

KCfireman
06-29-2008, 10:40 AM
How am I showing my age? No crews around here would put their ztr on a lawn like this one. 32" is the biggist most would go on this lawn.
I dont think you know what that means Snapper. He's saying your young and fresh and you can still lift heavy objects while you can.:weightlifter:

SNAPPER MAN
06-29-2008, 02:16 PM
Oh my bad lol.

freshprince94
06-29-2008, 04:04 PM

No, it gives eXmark and Toro an excuse to charge a thousand bucks for a 21" lol.

S man
06-29-2008, 09:01 PM
I think it's time to change your name to TORO MAN!:hammerhead:

TheChiefsLawnCare
06-29-2008, 09:12 PM

haha i was thinking the same thing. when i read that name i think the ONLY equipment that you buy mower wise is snapper and then here ya go gettin toro.

SNAPPER MAN
06-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Haha ya I only own two snappers, but its funny because I also own cubcommercial and toro, and I like both brands better than snapper.

fastcat
06-29-2008, 10:13 PM
i dont think that i could ever fork out 1000 bucks for any 21". i never use the crapsman i have now and that could be because i have to push it. i dont really have any probs mowing with my 42 ztr anyway. if i had a 36 wb i would use it on a couple yards to be able to cut them better. i guess i will add one by the end of the year.

freshprince94
06-30-2008, 09:29 AM

Is it even possible to change your name on this site?

S man
06-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Is it even possible to change your name on this site?

Talk to jodi(1MajorTom). She changed mine to something else but then I had it changed back to S man.

DCE
07-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Congrats on the Proline! You cannot find a better 21" than a Proline or Exmark Metro 21. This maybe the last 21" you'll buy for a very long time!

SNAPPER MAN
07-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks DCE thats what I'm hoping.