PDA

View Full Version : Making new purchase,need alitte imput on exmarks.

Mark
01-07-2002, 09:09 PM
Im going to buy a new walkbehind this week,looking at the exmark viking,but my dealer only sells them with the 15kaw. I was really wanting more power i wish they had the 18hp Vanguards. Anyone ever used this machine 15hp just seems to small,I looked a the TTs but can't see paying all that money for a floating deck, i run all fixed decks gives me alot better control when manhandeling. Also would be nice if they had 18" drive tires, that viking sells for 4200 does that sound about right,this will be my first exmark purchase. Marks Mowing Service

leaflawnandlimb
01-07-2002, 10:31 PM
15 kawi is more than enough power for a 36". I own a tthp 36 w/15kawi and a tthp 48 w/17 kawi, I think I should have stuck with the viking, for the 36 anyway. My dealer sells a 36 viking for 3800.

LAWNGODFATHER
01-08-2002, 03:54 AM
You didn't say what size.

i run all fixed decks gives me alot better control when manhandeling.

Say what!!! Sounds like your working to hard.

$4200 for a fixed deck hydro.

Turf Tracer 52" 23hp kohler electirc start, electric blade engadement, hour meter, cyclonic air filter, parking brake, floating deck, wider stance, bigger tires, easier hight adjustment, etc....

That's not worth $1000 more? Give me a break.

8 horse power more!!!! Alone is worth the extra $1000.

65hoss
01-08-2002, 05:20 AM
As far as power, 15 hp is plenty. I have a 14 kawi that powers a 48" hydro w/b and its never lacking anything for power.

I don't really know much about the pricing on these mowers, so I'll leave that to others.

Eng Mwr Guy
01-08-2002, 12:01 PM
That Viking Exmark is a decent machine.

Another alternative to consider for $3999 you could get a 36" fixed deck w/15HP Kawasaki engine and 18" wheels from Gravely. We have had no complaints on the 15HP engine's power with the 36 deck.

The Gravely WB decks are also capable from the factory to have double blades installed so as to keep the machine running in a safe manner while achieving maximum productivity.

The Gravely 36" deck has a striping kit available also, Exmark has none though it could be easily made by you.

Blade tip speed is 18,990 fpm on the Gravely, Exmark is less.

Gravely has a 2 year parts AND LABOR warranty. If a pump goes out in your second season Gravely pays for the parts and labor to get it operational again. With Exmark you are on your own for paying for labor or doing it yourself in the second year.

Whether you purchase an Exmark or decide to own a Gravely I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

Barry
Ariens/Gravely Guy

Mark
01-08-2002, 02:41 PM
LawnGodFather are you sure about that price? Im only 150miles from St Louy that machine here is around 6000k not including tax. Might be worth the drive, could you please E-Mail your dealer. Thanks Marks Mowing Service