PDA

View Full Version : Why our seasoned saints drive me nuts sometimes

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-27-2008, 05:44 AM
Had a call from a good long time customer who is now in his 80s. Complaining that he had a zone out and that his yard was drying up. We've had an unseasonably hot June. This is his setting. One start time. He runs 6,7,8 manually. 7 wasn't coming on because he has worn out his slide switch. Tried to get him to let me set a program to get him through the summer. Wouldn't go for it. He used to have a beautiful yard that he is penny pinching to death. They've been in their house 40+ years so it is paid for. Used to have an RV which they sold due to lack of use. Have two Lexus in the garage that never go anywhere but the grocery store. Money is not a problem for these folks.

AI Inc
06-27-2008, 05:52 AM
Hey , we just ripped one of those off a wall yesterday. At times older folks can be a pita. They have time to watch every head.

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-27-2008, 05:56 AM
people that water manually drive me crazy..

set it and forget it folks!

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-27-2008, 06:01 AM
people that water manually drive me crazy..

set it and forget it folks!

Ditto........ I will add adjust seasonally or get an ET based timer.

AI Inc
06-27-2008, 06:02 AM
" I only water manualy" ...." so basicaly what your saying is watering your lawn is the highlight of your day"?

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-27-2008, 06:05 AM
Hey , we just ripped one of those off a wall yesterday. At times older folks can be a pita. They have time to watch every head.

Which is why you should try and up sell them on every service call then they think twice about annoying you with a dribbler problem.

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-27-2008, 06:05 AM
" I only water manualy" ...." so basicaly what your saying is watering your lawn is the highlight of your day"?

and when the sun is most likely @ its highest.....ET PEOPLE!

Kiril
06-27-2008, 08:35 AM
and when the sun is most likely @ its highest.....ET PEOPLE!

Explain .... ;)

DanaMac
06-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Explain .... ;)

I think he is saying that people who run the system manually, will generally run the system in the middle of the day. Sun highest, evaporation.... you get the idea.

Kiril
06-27-2008, 08:47 AM
I think he is saying that people who run the system manually, will generally run the system in the middle of the day. Sun highest, evaporation.... you get the idea.

NOT YOU....I wanted to test the Cap's knowledge of ET. :hammerhead:

DanaMac
06-27-2008, 08:49 AM
NOT YOU....I wanted to test the Cap's knowledge of ET. :hammerhead:

Oh ummm... what I meant was... sun at high level changes the molecules and acidity of the water which can cause unsightly burns on lawn AND skin. Keep children away when watering during the day. :laugh:

Kiril
06-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Oh ummm... what I meant was... sun at high level changes the molecules and acidity of the water which can cause unsightly burns on lawn AND skin. Keep children away when watering during the day. :laugh:

yea, yea, thats the ticket. :dizzy: