PDA

View Full Version : Dont throw out that broken ditch witch blade!

AI Inc
06-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Had a broken ditch witch blade so I cut off the bottom and welded it to the top. Now I have a stamper to fit the ditch witch . Not rocket science , butit works.

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-27-2008, 06:39 AM
This is plow stuff right? We are very different.

AI Inc
06-27-2008, 06:42 AM
Yes , hook up pipe to blade , insert in ground , hit vibrate , drive along . Install 6 zones of pipe in about an hr. Then drive over lines lining up tires with pull mark to compact line back down . Rake line with a grass rake and woolah looks like ya never were there. No compaction problems , no settling.

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Yes , hook up pipe to blade , insert in ground , hit vibrate , drive along . Install 6 zones of pipe in about an hr. Then drive over lines lining up tires with pull mark to compact line back down . Rake line with a grass rake and woolah looks like ya never were there. No compaction problems , no settling.

in hunter we trust...

amen

EagleLandscape
06-27-2008, 06:14 PM
in clay soil, that thing would explode

Dirty Water
06-27-2008, 06:46 PM
in clay soil, that thing would explode

I've plowed thousands of feet in gumbo clay. We have a mix of heavy clay in some area's, and glacier till in others. Both are hard environments.

Plows work like a champ in both.

AI. We had a handmade tamper blade as well.

allinearth
06-28-2008, 08:52 AM
We plow in all kinds of soil. Moisture is the key. Too dry is a no go.:cry:

AI Inc
06-28-2008, 11:16 AM
We plow in all kinds of soil. Moisture is the key. Too dry is a no go.:cry:

Yep , come late Julay / august first thing we do is set up the customers hoses and soak the place.

Kiril
06-28-2008, 11:43 AM
I've plowed thousands of feet in gumbo clay.

Well, at least you have something to eat if you get hungry. :laugh:

--------------------
disclaimer: Boots is responsible for all my nonsensical posts

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Yep , come late Julay / august first thing we do is set up the customers hoses and soak the place.

Do you guess your trench lines then lay soaker hoses along those areas or just set up hose end sprinklers and get everything? We've had plowers in Dallas before but their systems are simplistic. Here is my concept but would only work in a smallish yard. Pull funny pipe for each head or two at most on a run to a central manifold of funny pipe barbs.

Use this product here and have two of them.

http://www.lineward.com/home.html

Still have to trench in the mainline.

AI Inc
06-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Depends on the size of the yard. Small yards we will walk the lines with a hose , then drape the hose over the boom during the pull. Large yards will will do that with the first 3 zones and then just set up garden hoses and sprinklers . We let them run while we install clock, BF and the first 3 zones.