PDA

View Full Version : FX Luminaire

Mike & Lucia
06-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Gents,
I've been asked to look at a lighting plan for my opinion, and then quote the installation by a well-respecred west-coast Landscape Architect. He also has clients on the East Coast, which is where this project is located. He has specified FX Luminaire fixtures. I'm only familiar with them through discussion and website. I don't know of anybody locally who distibutes FXL. Their website turned up no matches in the 'locate' function. Any experience you can share, or distributors I can contact would be helpful.

Mike
NatureScape Lighting

NightScenes
06-27-2008, 07:49 AM
Hey there Mike, FX is ok stuff. You may want to check Ewing Irrigation Supply for their product as I think they are almost exclusive to FX. Maybe you can find a local store using their website.

Good luck,

irrig8r
06-27-2008, 10:29 AM
Mike,
A while back, after getting fed up with rusting Nightscaping fixtures, I switched to using FX almost exclusively. They put out a good sturdy product.

I went back to Nightscaping because of Bill Locklin, some good copper and brass fixtures, and Nightscaping's ability to customize.

I've used other products too, like Hadco and Vista, but I generally like FX's offerings better than those.

These days I'm installing a mix of mostly Nightscaping and FX products, and the local FX rep has been very responsive, even recently getting some customized spikes for me for a particular job.

Tomwilllight
06-27-2008, 05:34 PM
I've looked at the FX line and found the fixture design OK. Good finishes and easy to work with (easy to lamp and focus). The only real issue I have is their glare control is too limited. The glare shields I've seen don't provide sufficient coverage.

David Gretzmier
06-27-2008, 06:08 PM
I buy my FX stuff from Ewing Irrigation supply as well. It si good and sturdy stuff, especially the transformers. the spotlights only have one o-ring, and it does tend to shrink for some reason, so i'd plan on replacing o-rings every two years or so, or deal with crud inside the spots.

Eden Lights
06-27-2008, 10:18 PM
I've looked at the FX line and found the fixture design OK. Good finishes and easy to work with (easy to lamp and focus). The only real issue I have is their glare control is too limited. The glare shields I've seen don't provide sufficient coverage.

For this very reason, I have been combining the FX RS with the Vision3 FL1 with the C2 Full shroud for glare control on jobs where the budget won't allow for all Vision3 product. Your Vision3 could be Lumiere, HK, Hevi-Lite, or what ever has complete glare control. Its amazing how many Manufacturers think they don't need any fully shrouded fixtures in their line.