PDA

View Full Version : pics from a service call today

frumdig
06-27-2008, 05:04 PM
well, we just got done with a pretty large project in a golf course community, and one of the grounds keepers for this neighborhood was apparently impressed with the work, yadda yadda... anyway, my boss gives me his number and wants me to go check out this guys system...

h/o is not able to be there, but he says the gates unlocked and to have at it... ok, no prob ill swing by and see what ya got.... im expecting some less than adequate coverage... or just a system that needs to be updated for changes to the landscape...

so at first I walk in the side gate where he said everything was at. i look around no backflow, no controller? im like wtf, wrong house??? i go look... ya. right house.... walk all the way around the house looking for a controller and find nothing... walk back to the side where he said everything was... and in the mess of garden hose, i see 'the system' .... the 'main line' had blown off the mend-a-hose connection... well it was a slow day, and i felt pretty inquisitive, so i 'repaired' the main line, and attempted to see what the hell was going on... LOL... i could only get one zone to opperate, which consisted of two pop-up impacts... i couldnt even get the others to come on with the controller thing... and wasnt feeling that inquisitive... the garden hose was all burried out to the heads... between the front and back yard there must have been 1000 feet of garden hose in the ground...

i dont know if he did this himself or what... and i didnt want to offend the guy, i just told him we dont deal with these types of systems, and asked what he was trying to accomplish... i think i was able to talk him into a real system... well just see what i hear monday

-Evan

bobw
06-27-2008, 05:34 PM
dammm that's pretty ghetto....

Kiril
06-28-2008, 12:56 AM
Gives new meaning to "temp" irrigation.

seabee1
06-28-2008, 09:04 AM
:dizzy:where's the duct tape that would almost make red green proud !

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-28-2008, 01:17 PM
::backs out of thread::
::slowly::

frumdig
06-28-2008, 01:58 PM
i didnt even think to ask about the system, because he made no indication it was anything out of the ordinary... he was a somewhat older guy, but come on at least tell me its a bunch of garden hoses... but he refered to it as his irrigation system... which i guess technically it is...

NOOB
06-28-2008, 02:51 PM
well it might not look pretty but I guess it worked (for a lil bit) that is lol
you gotta do what you gotta do lol

CAPT Stream Rotar
06-28-2008, 03:23 PM
::feels upgrade coming on::

frumdig
06-28-2008, 04:11 PM
ya, its pretty ironic i ran across this house, because i just got done rigging up these rotor nozzles in my backyard.. so its kinda hard to knock the guy, he just had a very elaborate hose set-up. ... i moved in this house last year, and just havnt found the time to install myself a system, so this will have to do for now. i had nothing back there when i moved in, and establishing this fescue has been a real pain... but its finally filling in...

Kennedy Landscaping
06-28-2008, 05:09 PM
hey if it works it works....right?

KACYDS
06-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Thats amazing work. lol:laugh:

newz7151
06-28-2008, 07:20 PM
ya, its pretty ironic i ran across this house, because i just got done rigging up these rotor nozzles in my backyard.. so its kinda hard to knock the guy, he just had a very elaborate hose set-up. ... i moved in this house last year, and just havnt found the time to install myself a system, so this will have to do for now. i had nothing back there when i moved in, and establishing this fescue has been a real pain... but its finally filling in...

You know the bug zapper is supposed to be installed away from the house so that it draws the bugs away from humans instead of to them, right?

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-28-2008, 07:22 PM
You know the bug zapper is supposed to be installed away from the house so that it draws the bugs away from humans instead of to them, right?

Sharp eye dude. Gotta have an electrical outlet though.

frumdig
06-28-2008, 07:52 PM
thats the garage, about 20' AWAY from my porch where i would be if i was to be outside when i dont want bugs to bother me...