PDA

View Full Version : Equipment expences

white1
06-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Whats a good way to figure equipment expences. Blades, replacement etc.?

I want to be sure to put aside enough so when I do need to fix or replace something its covered in its own little account.

Im new, but on average how long does equipment last.

I bought all my equipment new. I got a Hustler 48" superduty with the 23hp Kawi. two Shindaiwa "dirty" T270's, and a Shindaiwa something or other backpack.

I dont know what the average lifespan of a mower, weedeater, or blower is, or little things such as blades, and trimmer string. Im thinking with fuel at $4/gal, that equipment expences would ba around $6-$8 hr. am I high, low, about right.

Thanks

Turf Commando
06-28-2008, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't worry about those things breaking anytime soon, just be good to it and it will return favor..

Blades only need replacing if there's been significant damage otherwise sharpen them all season...

white1
06-28-2008, 04:08 PM
I was really trying to figure hours for the life of the mower I guess. I figure if it last 1000 hours it cost $6 per hour+gas. I know it will last longer than that (hopefully) but have no idea how long

bohiaa
06-28-2008, 10:59 PM
when I was in the computer field. one of the funnyest things I had ever herd was a CEO "no names" I was called in and asked about a downed server. well the HD went belly up. the PDC was down for about 1/2 a day....

The CEO wanted me to inform him "from now own" of any unscdugled down time.....