PDA

View Full Version : Self Prop 21 how long will it last

coopmaster
06-28-2008, 07:13 PM
I cut an average of 5 yards a day. The yards are on the small side averaging 12,000 sq foot. In westen PA there are a lot of hills. I use a Honda HRR216K5VKA. I change the oil every two weeks. My question is how long will this mower last? This is my second year in this biz. So far this mower has worked really well.
Thanks in advance. Love this site.

MileHigh
06-28-2008, 07:46 PM
No one can tell you how long you will maintain your mower, or how long that it will last either. But If your on your second season with it...be happy. I have two 21" mowers that didn't make it past a month of regular use each!

MowHouston
06-28-2008, 07:54 PM
I used a 21" Troybilt POS homeowner self propelled mower (front wheel drive ugh) all last year, 40 lawns a week. Still use it as my second mower, but it feels like a tank now that I'm used to rear drive.

Just maintain it well. I went through 5 belts on the thing last year :D

J.A.G LAWNCARE
06-28-2008, 11:04 PM
save money for a new one that way when you need it you go get it ....................

Lawnut101
06-29-2008, 01:27 AM
If you take care of stuff (routine maintenance) it should last quite a while. I have a push mower (the Deere in my sig) that my parents bought when I was like 4; I'm 18 now and I use it commercially. It's probably got a ton of hours (I'd say over 500), and it shows no sign of quitting. Of course, that's mostly because it has a Kawisaki engine, but that's another story!:weightlifter:

coopmaster
06-29-2008, 07:49 AM
I carry a spare belt for it. I know it will go at the most inconvienent time. Is the belt hard to field change on a Honda. I have replaced the belt on my LawnBoy before. It was no picnic.
Thanks in advance

coopmaster
07-10-2008, 01:50 PM
I suspect the first thing that will need replaced is the belt then the wheels. I change the oil every two weeks. Hopefully the engine will last a good long time.

larryinalabama
07-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I suspect the first thing that will need replaced is the belt then the wheels. I change the oil every two weeks. Hopefully the engine will last a good long time.

2 week oil changes is a little execssive, filters run about 8$.

coopmaster
07-10-2008, 04:45 PM
2 week oil changes is a little execssive, filters run about 8$.

There is no oil filter on this Honda.
http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/products/modeldetail.aspx?page=modeldetail&section=P2LM&modelname=HRR216K5VXA&modelid=HRR2165VXA