PDA

View Full Version : Helping the "new guy" starting out

Liquidfast
06-28-2008, 08:58 PM
In an effort to ward off lowballers....... If this hasn't been brought up before, I am posting internet based billing software. There are no kickbacks for myself nor do I receive commissions or compensation in anyway, shape or form.

I am not saying I discovered it as I am sure someone else has brought this to lawnsite (I am just too lazy today to search).

Intuit billing manager. Do a google search or

http://billingmanager.intuit.com/billing/welcome.url

It is completely internet based, FREE and tracks late payers, allows you to choose templates and is completely user friendly.

The invoices are professional in every respect. A cool template is one that allows you use "window envelope" invoices.

I chose this particular software as it allows email sending without setting up your own PC. You can use it on ANY computer which means you can print one from your customers house if need be.

I sent a letter out to EVERY customer informing them that we are saving on fuel expenses by cutting back in other areas and we will now email invoices and the customer can click and print their own...we save on ink now too.

Good luck new guys!

bohiaa
06-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Looks Good. However:

I never share any info on my Customers. NEVER. Putting them out there on the internet is VERY dangrous.....

Liquidfast
06-29-2008, 01:41 AM
Looks Good. However:

I never share any info on my Customers. NEVER. Putting them out there on the internet is VERY dangrous.....

Customers cannot see any other info except their own. And only if you email it to them.

You had me nervous for a min. I actually thought clients could view other clients invoices...that would be a very bad thing.

MowHouston
06-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Looks Good. However:

This isn't even a problem. From the get go, signing up through Intuits billing system is on a secure server.

Not to mention Intuit is the developer of Quickbooks and runs Quickbooks Merchant Solutions for credit card billing.

I think they know what they're doing. This is more than safe to keep up with your customers and make invoices.