PDA

View Full Version : I need to make up a water tank on wheels

Fatdaddy
06-29-2008, 12:24 AM
At my church we have planted about 15 10' oaks. There is not water at the entrance, We are on 32 acres which is in the city. We had to plant so many trees. And I HATE mowing around the trees.. We have trees scattered about all over the place. Some are even dieing out now..

I need a Ideal on how to rig up a water tank.. Id like to buy one one wheels I can pull.. I have (the church has) a Kubota with a front end loader.

If you have any Ideals id appreciate ti.....

Jack
Tennessee

JeffY
06-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Buy a large tank sprayer. It should have a place to allow you to drain it and hook a hose up to it and then go to town on the trees.

WalkGood
06-29-2008, 04:05 AM
Put a silver tarp in the bed of your pickup truck. Fill it with water. Siphon the water with a garden hose and water those trees.

lowvolumejeff
06-29-2008, 04:12 AM
Have used old water beds in my P/U before. Jeff

BrandonV
06-29-2008, 10:27 AM
you'll love the trees eventually, especially at church funtions, a little shade does a lot. Anyways, I'd also tell you to invest in some gator bags or do as I do take a 5gal bucket and drill a small hole in it and put 2 on each tree. This way you just fill up the bag/bucket. the pickup sounds like a great I idea, a sprayer also works, we use that at the nursery for summer digging in some fields where we can't get our hydroseeder.

corey4671
06-29-2008, 10:33 AM
At my church we have planted about 15 10' oaks. There is not water at the entrance, We are on 32 acres which is in the city. We had to plant so many trees. And I HATE mowing around the trees.. We have trees scattered about all over the place. Some are even dieing out now..

I need a Ideal on how to rig up a water tank.. Id like to buy one one wheels I can pull.. I have (the church has) a Kubota with a front end loader.

If you have any Ideals id appreciate ti.....

Jack
Tennessee

if this church has the money to own 32 acres inside the city limits, a kubota tractor and planting these trees, why in the world are we even having this discussion? Go to TSC and buy one of those big poly tanks and one of those cheap 5x10 trailers they have and water these trees! Good grief. If you can't afford that, sounds like a good "job" for the youth group with some five gallon buckets and I'm willing to bet you all have got a youth group and probably even a full time youth minister.

Without A Drought
06-29-2008, 08:32 PM
...go into the church and pray for a lesson in grammar. (my goodness)

FIMCO-MEISTER
06-29-2008, 09:19 PM
...go into the church and pray for a lesson in grammar. (my goodness)

Texas was fought for and built by many a Tennessean. (sp?) I'll take his grammar as is.

Mine ain't so hot either also:)

Wet_Boots
06-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Texas was fought for and built by many a Tennessean. (sp?) I'll take his grammar as is.

Mine ain't so hot either also:)coulda foolt me'uns