PDA

View Full Version : Which is good oil to use?

Enzo
06-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Hey everyone,

I am going to be doing an oil change on my exmark 48 truf tracer and my exmark lazer z. I was wondering what type of oil is good to use? It not getting to hot over here in CT quite yet but it will be getting there so I want to make sure my machines are good to go.

robertjr93
06-29-2008, 12:50 AM
have u tryed amsoil

milkie62
06-30-2008, 01:58 AM
30 wt Penzoil in my equipment for summer,10w30 for anything in winter.

metro36
06-30-2008, 07:45 AM
All of my equipment gets mobil 1 10w- 30.

SIWEL
06-30-2008, 05:42 PM
i use penzoil 10w-30 in the machines and shell rotella 15w-40 in all diesels

MileHigh
06-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Motors get Mobil 1 10w30

Hydro Pumps get Mobil 1 20w50

2 Cycles get Stihl Synthetic

Oh and make sure you use Kawasaki oil filters...they have a special valve in them that shoots oil where it needs to be on startups. Plus if you use any other type of oil filter, you will void the warranty. (Assuming you have a kawi Motor)

soloscaperman
07-01-2008, 01:53 AM
I used Honda oil and every time I pull it to start the motor a quick poof of smoke comes out changed to Mobil 1 and never did it again. And the motor sounds quieter.

Exact Rototilling
07-01-2008, 11:46 PM
All of my equipment gets mobil 1 10w- 30.Might want to upgrade to Mobil 1 High Mileage 10w-30 - more of the good additives that reduce wear etc. Mobil 1 10w-30 has a weaker additive pack.

Exact Rototilling
07-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Oh and make sure you use Kawasaki oil filters...they have a special valve in them that shoots oil where it needs to be on startups. Plus if you use any other type of oil filter, you will void the warranty. (Assuming you have a kawi Motor)

Can you explain this shoots oil on startup thing? :confused:

luckydooley
07-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Motors get Mobil 1 10w30

Hydro Pumps get Mobil 1 20w50

2 Cycles get Stihl Synthetic

Really! Sh!t I just changed my oil yesterday and used a fram oil filter. Should I change it back to a Kawi filter?

Stillwater
07-02-2008, 09:27 AM

you may be referring to a back flow check valve that keeps oil in the filter at all times just so you know every fram filter has one.

Stillwater
07-02-2008, 09:37 AM

The Moss-Magnuson Warranty Act precludes manufacturers from forcing you to use their "branded" parts unless they can prove another brand is inferior for the intended use.

JeffNY
07-02-2008, 03:22 PM
The Moss-Magnuson Warranty Act precludes manufacturers from forcing you to use their "branded" parts unless they can prove another brand is inferior for the intended use.

Exactly.

although Fram is one of the worst oil filters.

Stillwater
07-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Exactly.

although Fram is one of the worst oil filters.

I use pure one filters..........

ZT Lawn Care
07-02-2008, 06:25 PM
I used Honda oil and every time I pull it to start the motor a quick poof of smoke comes out changed to Mobil 1 and never did it again. And the motor sounds quieter.

Wierd, my HRX does that too, I'll have to try that the next time I change the oil. Thanks for the tip!

mann56
07-04-2008, 12:58 PM
is amsoil ok for 28 hp kawi air cooled on exmark lazer z

MileHigh
07-04-2008, 01:13 PM
I learned about the oil filter @ my dealer...he showed me the special "valve" that the kawi's have.

When I bought my viking and tthp, the dealer made sure I knew use the kawi oil filter or the warranty will be void...why wouldn't I anyways?...It's made for the kawi motors on my exmarks, plus it's a far superior filter in comparison.

DON"T USE FRAM...ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Stillwater
07-04-2008, 01:20 PM
I learned about the oil filter @ my dealer...he showed me the special "valve" that the kawi's have.

When I bought my viking and tthp, the dealer made sure I knew use the kawi oil filter or the warranty will be void...why wouldn't I anyways?...It's made for the kawi motors on my exmarks, plus it's a far superior filter in comparison.

DON"T USE FRAM...ARE YOU SERIOUS?

your dealer is full of Bull crap....and the kawi oil filter is by far NOT the best filter for a kawi motor

MileHigh
07-04-2008, 02:27 PM
your dealer is full of Bull crap....and the kawi oil filter is by far NOT the best filter for a kawi motor

Oh yea...then what is?

One that voids the warranty?...of course

Stillwater
07-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Oh yea...then what is?

One that voids the warranty?...of course

The kawi filter is made by a company called Toyo Roki it is a refaced motorcycle filter and yes it is considered high quality. The Pure One filter far exceeds the oem requirements for oil filtration and is superior in every build detail to the oem filters made by Toyo Roki and will not void the warentee I choose to use the absolute best on my equipment. You are free to use the oem filter their is nothing wrong with that.

AmsoilPower
07-04-2008, 03:31 PM
is amsoil ok for 28 hp kawi air cooled on exmark lazer z

You better believe it!!!!

Stillwater
07-04-2008, 03:41 PM
You better believe it!!!!

I agree.............

Integritylawncare
07-04-2008, 04:21 PM
pennzoil platinum and wix filters

MileHigh
07-05-2008, 01:21 AM
The kawi filter is made by a company called Toyo Roki it is a refaced motorcycle filter and yes it is considered high quality. The Pure One filter far exceeds the oem requirements for oil filtration and is superior in every build detail to the oem filters made by Toyo Roki and will not void the warentee I choose to use the absolute best on my equipment. You are free to use the oem filter their is nothing wrong with that.

Hmmm..I'll look into it.

Thanks for the info.

FNG
07-05-2008, 02:42 AM
Quote: Plus if you use any other type of oil filter, you will void the warranty. (Assuming you have a kawi Motor)

Read the Magnuson-Moss Warranty act and you will see this is a false statement.

Unless the manufacturer supplies the parts FREE, they can not specify you use their branded parts or any specific parts

Your dealer is full of something other than knowledge.

R