PDA

View Full Version : New Stihl KM 90 R

freshprince94
06-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Finally broke down and bought the Stihl KM 90 R Kombi motor. It has the articulating hedge trimmer attachment right now. I plan on adding the pole pruner and power scythe attachments later on.

MileHigh
06-29-2008, 12:33 PM
ooooo....that looks much much nicer than my cub cadet hedge trrimmer.

How much?

josh1981
06-29-2008, 12:59 PM
nice machine. I have the stihl km55 powerhead with edger, pole pruner, brush cutter attatchments.

Yours is 4 mix right?

freshprince94
06-29-2008, 01:39 PM
BladeScape: It was about $545 with tax.

Josh: Yes, it is a 4 mix. Other than smell, no noticeable differences.

Lazer_Z
06-29-2008, 01:46 PM
FP, How's that little bit of padding help when holding the machine?

josh1981
06-29-2008, 01:49 PM
BladeScape: It was about $545 with tax.

Josh: Yes, it is a 4 mix. Other than smell, no noticeable differences.

well better on gas too.

Kennedy Landscaping
06-29-2008, 03:02 PM
nice trike. what is the towing capacity on that bad boy. Just kidding gotta give ya a hard time. Nice machine. I need to be buying myself a hedge trimmer some time soon. Where did you get it at?

freshprince94
06-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Rob: If you are talking about the padding in front of the loop handle, yes, it's a huge help when trimming hedges.

Lawn freak: Lol about the trike. It belongs to my niece but is in storage in my garage:dizzy:. I got the machine at my local Stihl dealer.

Lazer_Z
06-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Rob: If you are talking about the padding in front of the loop handle, yes, it's a huge help when trimming hedges.

Lawn freak: Lol about the trike. It belongs to my niece but is in storage in my garage:dizzy:. I got the machine at my local Stihl dealer. Thanks man, I can't wait until I finally get mine. I love the power of the FC110, but when trimming hedges it's brutal.

S man
06-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks man, I can't wait until I finally get mine. I love the power of the FC110, but when trimming hedges it's brutal.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: How we all love STIHL!:hammerhead:

SNAPPER MAN
06-29-2008, 09:16 PM
I love my stihl stuff. I have an HC-100 and it is awsome. Makes quick work out of the biggest hedges.

Kennedy Landscaping
06-29-2008, 11:19 PM
I know how you feel on the storage deal. My mom always puts crap out in my shop and it always seems to get in my way when I'm trying to service a mower.

freshprince94
06-30-2008, 08:52 AM
I love my stihl stuff. I have an HC-100 and it is awsome. Makes quick work out of the biggest hedges.

Yes, Stihl is much better than Echo after trying both. I realize why Echo is cheaper now.

Lazer_Z
06-30-2008, 05:10 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes: How we all love STIHL!:hammerhead:OK, let me set YOU straight on what I said, I love my Stihl equipment no getting around that. What is a pain is using a machine that has no padding, unlike the attachment for the KM series or the dedicated HL units. The only 2 exceptions in the HL line are the HL 45 (Home scaper and it has a loop handle) and the new HL 90 K 0*. Did that help clear things up for ya Scottie?

Lazer_Z
06-30-2008, 05:13 PM
I love my stihl stuff. I have an HC-100 and it is awsome. Makes quick work out of the biggest hedges. Did you mean HL 100 K?

freshprince94
06-30-2008, 07:44 PM
OK, let me set YOU straight on what I said, I love my Stihl equipment no getting around that. What is a pain is using a machine that has no padding, unlike the attachment for the KM series or the dedicated HL units. The only 2 exceptions in the HL line are the HL 45 (Home scaper and it has a loop handle) and the new HL 90 K 0*. Did that help clear things up for ya Scottie?

Ya, I don't even touch the loop handle when trimming hedges. I might add the straight shaft edger, but I want at least one dedicated machine to avoid switching attachments every account. That way, I only have to change them every two weeks when I do my hedge trimming.

BTW Rob, you use the FC 110 with hedge trimmer gearbox? That must be a monster hedge trimmer but a PITA to change out.

Lazer_Z
06-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Ya, I don't even touch the loop handle when trimming hedges. I might add the straight shaft edger, but I want at least one dedicated machine to avoid switching attachments every account. That way, I only have to change them every two weeks when I do my hedge trimming.

BTW Rob, you use the FC 110 with hedge trimmer gearbox? That must be a monster hedge trimmer but a PITA to change out.Yep, you hit the nail on the head. Tomorrow, I have a hedge job to do and I'm hoping for 2 things, #1 Get out early #2 Get done early and go and get my KM 130 FINALLY, I'm taking another machine to see what my dealer will give me. I'm taking an old 025 saw, it was my first saw but now I have an MS 260 PRO so the 025 sits. If he gives me what I'm hoping I'm out only like $200.00 vs. $936.04 w/tax and that for 3 attachments and the power head. Another plus is I wont have to carry around that *&^%$#*&^% tool kit any longer to change out the gear head.

S man
06-30-2008, 08:31 PM
OK, let me set YOU straight on what I said, I love my Stihl equipment no getting around that. What is a pain is using a machine that has no padding, unlike the attachment for the KM series or the dedicated HL units. The only 2 exceptions in the HL line are the HL 45 (Home scaper and it has a loop handle) and the new HL 90 K 0*. Did that help clear things up for ya Scottie?

I wasen't referring to your earlier comment. I was just making a comment that I'm not thrilled with stihl stuff. I'll stop though because it's each to his own I guess. I had a km110 with the artictulating hedge straight egder and trimmer. I sold it after a year and a half. If I want to get another multi unit it will be a shindaiwa 231 or 242. They make THE best articulating hedge trimmer.

freshprince94
06-30-2008, 09:32 PM
I wasen't referring to your earlier comment. I was just making a comment that I'm not thrilled with stihl stuff. I'll stop though because it's each to his own I guess. I had a km110 with the artictulating hedge straight egder and trimmer. I sold it after a year and a half. If I want to get another multi unit it will be a shindaiwa 231 or 242. They make THE best articulating hedge trimmer.

S-Man, what was wrong with your Stihl stuff? I know you're a RedMax man now but wasn't it due to the dealer?

CLL Lawn and Landscaping
06-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Nice Stihl. Btw, where in Orlando are you? I'm located in Winter Park but service anywhere in Orange, Seminole, and Osceola counties as well as the cities in between.

blm86
07-01-2008, 12:11 AM
i just picked up the articulating hedge trimmer for mine and you are going to love how it works.

Supper Grassy
07-01-2008, 11:17 AM
NICE machine

freshprince94
07-01-2008, 02:42 PM
NICE machine

Thanks Supper Grassy

freshprince94
07-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Nice Stihl. Btw, where in Orlando are you? I'm located in Winter Park but service anywhere in Orange, Seminole, and Osceola counties as well as the cities in between.

I'm in south Orlando. And by the way, that's a monster set-up you have! I guess you like the color red.

CLL Lawn and Landscaping
07-01-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm in south Orlando. And by the way, that's a monster set-up you have! I guess you like the color red.

Yes sir, I am a fan of eXmark. I've been using those bosses since I started up. I'll never forget my first mower, a 52" Lazer. That sucker ran for a long long time.