PDA

View Full Version : NJ Home improvement license

jbailey52
06-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Ok I filled out my application about 10 months ago (Landscapers are now required to have a home improvement license in NJ) Anway about 3 months after I sent it, it was returned due to me not answering a question by accident. I then answered the requested material, and it has been months now. I have not heard anything back, I have left several emails, and voicemails. One man I spoke to said I can give you their number, but they are backed up and you wont get anyone. When I call the number, the voice mailbox is full and you cant even left a message! I need this license number ASAP... But I cant even talk to anyone. Does anyone have any suggestions?

shovelracer
06-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Yes get out of NJ. Seriously they are rediculous over there. When I switched to LLC I had to reapply. I sent everything in 30-60 days later I get the same letter, I was missing my business license proof. Actually they needed a copy of a letter saying I had one. I sent the copy of the actual license. So another $75 later I had my letter. They could have gone on the web site or even called, but no I had to do it for them. So another 60 days after that I get another letter that in the 120 days they have been messing around, the insurance expired cause my policy renewed. So 60 days after that... Well you get the point. They have a stack of papers 5 feet tall. Clock in at 9 start at 10 go to lunch at 11 come back at 2 punch out at 4 and get paid for 40 hours. The head of the dept. probably doesnt even know where their office is and more than likely makes a few hundred thousand a year. Welcome to doing business in NJ.

LB1234
06-29-2008, 07:02 PM
perform a search and you will get a few threads on it. Look at what I did, it worked.

amscapes03
06-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Find out where the office is and personally go in for a face to face. Might speed things up.

jbailey52
06-30-2008, 08:27 AM
LB... what did you do... Im running around so much I dont really have time to do a search.. thanks!