PDA

View Full Version : Just beginning

JeremyJ
06-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Good day all,

I am new here and just had a few questions. First off, I am just starting my business and the only equipment I have is a John Deere lawn tractor. What is the best equipment to begin with? I also have liability insurance, is there anything else that I need? I figured I will advertise in the local paper and in stores with a wall post.

Thanks for the help in advance

mowerbrad
06-29-2008, 10:29 PM
If you have any employees working for you, you will definately have to get workers comp. It always looks more professional when you are using commercial equipment but you use what you can. Commercial equipment will last longer under the use that you will be putting on it. Homeowner grade equipment will not last long when used commercially. Newspaper ads and flyers are great ways to advertise and get your name out in your community. The best advertising however is word of mouth, so once you get some customers you could offer insentives to them to tell their friends, like one free lawn mowing for each new year long contract they can get you. Best of luck to you.

Big C
06-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Since you already have a JD...you will need a trimmer, edger,blower & truck. Try to get as much commercial equipment as your $$ will allow, if you can't afford comm. equip. now upgrade as you go.