PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Just Finished

getthenet
06-30-2008, 12:19 AM
Just wanted to share some pics of this kitchen. I love doing jobs like this. Give me your inputs. thanks. Here is before.

getthenet
06-30-2008, 12:36 AM
During the project.

getthenet
06-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Some pics after, including the gate.

CALandscapes
06-30-2008, 01:13 AM
I hate you...:cool2:

Ha.. I'm dying to get in to constructing outdoor kitchens (and pools)....

Looks great.

Mind me asking ball-park figures on that job?

Mike33
06-30-2008, 01:33 AM
Looks nice, what kind of products did you use. Im working on a kitchen my self for my self ( see first paver install thread )
Mike

getthenet
06-30-2008, 01:41 AM
I used simsstone pavers (cumberland cobble) and the bars are made of simsstone (plantation).

getthenet
06-30-2008, 01:45 AM
Columns are simply called column stone by sims, and the walls are made of creta stone. The firepit is made of phyzique. The pergola is western cedar. The bar top is the same as the floor material (cumberland cobble). For my column caps, I used grande, which is a paver measuring 13" x 13". Four of these fit perfectly on the column top.

oakhillslandscaping
06-30-2008, 09:11 AM
wow that looks awsome

PerfiCut L&L
06-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Looks good. What did you use for the firepit? any construction pics?

Also, are those cidner blocks you used under the walkway?

neversatisfiedj
06-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Great work. How did you reinforce the columns holding the gates ?

getthenet
06-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Sims has a kit that has a metal ring and grill that will drop right in the circle made by phyzique stone stacked in a circle. It only takes a few minutes to set up the whole firepit. There are no blocks under anything on the job. But a concrete slab was poured mainly for the kitchen to sit on. Concrete was poured everywhere we layed stone on this job. The columns were glued together with a poly glue from lowe's. It holds together great. There are conduits in most of the columns for 110v. lighting.

getthenet
06-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Here are a few different pics of these firepits we have done. I cant find any construction pics of them. I can install them with an ongoing project for around $700 labor and material. Its sort of an incentive to do other work.

dura to the max
07-01-2008, 12:34 AM
your work is awesome. need the gaurd on the stihl trimmmer though. dont want to get grass on you. LOL. mine come off as soon as i get them.

amscapes03
07-01-2008, 01:42 AM
That third firepit pic......I was going to ask why you mortared the wall, then i noticed the water. Thats pretty cool! Is it a small raised pond, or are there falls on the other side?

getthenet
07-01-2008, 01:55 AM
no falls, just a stream or "moat" around the patio. It has about 15 tropical plants under water. That was a unique job.

amscapes03
07-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Now that's unique. I love seeing stuff done that i've never even thought of doing before. Nice job! Maybe i'll get the chance someday to put a wall in like that. You have the creative side of my brain racing now.

getthenet
07-01-2008, 02:18 AM
I appreciate that amscapes. I hope I get a chance to do another one similar to that one day also. Maybe next time I could figure out a way to do it out of srw blocks and still hold back the pressure of the water. They would look alot nicer than the splitface blocks I think.

amscapes03
07-01-2008, 02:19 AM
Of course the next step would be to install a filtration system and fish. Bass, Rainbow Trout. Fresh BBQ fish, straight from the moat to the firepit grill.

amscapes03
07-01-2008, 02:23 AM
If it wasn't to deep you probably could. 12 to 18 inch depth? I bet the block manufacture engineers could answer that question. You would need to use a liner of course.

getthenet
07-01-2008, 08:54 PM
I think I could put grid between the walls and if I used a hollow block, I could use rebar and pour the blocks with concrete. Defeats the purpose of the srw s but still you would get the look. This system does have a filtration system. It moves the water very slow though. It has alot of natural minnows and a few coy. It has some large japenese snails also.

DVS Hardscaper
07-01-2008, 10:20 PM
your workmanship looks great. My hat's off to you.

Although, the kitchen should have been done with stone veneer.

No disrespect towards you, but modular block just looks way too busy. I like your workmanship, but I hate the modular block.

We use modular block day in and day out.....but I think it has it's place. And that place is walls and steps!

http://www.outdoorfinishes.com

getthenet
07-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Here are some walls and steps we have built. People are really starting to like the kitchens made like this around here. But I agree, I like natural too.

STRINGALATION
07-02-2008, 01:47 AM
man the stuff i see here is a motivater sometimes but this is also a heartbreaker makes me feel i have set myself up for unattainable goals. incase u did not understand LOOKS GREAT TO ME AND THAT WALL POND IS AMAZING

getthenet
07-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Stringalation, If you live in louisville, have you been to the hardscape show? I am going to try to go to the one this year in Oct. Curious to know if I need to reserve a room for 2 nights. Will I need thurs, fri. and sat. to see the whole thing? If anyone has been tell me about it. thanks Donnie.

Lite4
07-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Wow, you do some beautiful work. Really top notch. Only thing I probably would of done from my perspective is a natural stone top on the barbeque or a concrete countertop. Im not big on the stacked paver look on the barbeque but it does kind of match the brick on the house, so I can understand it's use. I wish you lived closer I would light that beautiful work up at night and show it off for you.

getthenet
07-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Firefly, Ive seen your pics and your work looks awesome! I wish you could come light some of these projects up for us. I know people would pay if they saw what I saw on your sites. Thanks alot for the encouragement. Donnie.

Lite4
07-04-2008, 03:25 AM
Thank You, Keep up the great work!

JohnnyRoyale
07-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Did you fill the area between the kitchen walls with anything? I have one to quote, and Unilock doent have an answer for me. Nice job BTW.

overgrownbill
07-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Nice work! How are you venting the grill to avoid excess heat build up?

getthenet
07-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Did you fill the area between the kitchen walls with anything? I have one to quote, and Unilock doent have an answer for me. Nice job BTW.

I do not fill the inside of the cabinet. I can either build a treated 2"x4" frame and use treated plywood on top to lay the pavers on using 4x4 s to hold it up or use tap cons to attatch the 2x4 to the block. I also use a rubber liner between the plywood and the pavers on the bar. You can also use granite or other types of outdoor rated tops. By the way, more people seem to want the look of pavers for the bar top than granite. Granite would be easier to clean and work off of, but it starts at $55 sq. ft. here.

shovelracer
07-04-2008, 03:15 PM
I appreciate that amscapes. I hope I get a chance to do another one similar to that one day also. Maybe next time I could figure out a way to do it out of srw blocks and still hold back the pressure of the water. They would look alot nicer than the splitface blocks I think.

It can be done. I have seen a pond installed and where it falls off a small cliff it lands in a 3/4 circle that holds back the lower pond. Its 24" exposed and lined. Pin blocks were used and its held a few years. Water weighs less that stone or soil, but the pressures are much different. I have to know how fast the water moves. It could be real nice for some trout, but they might try to jump out. For the kids birthday party you could throw in some rubber ducks and play a fishing game live at the fair. Very nice work!

getthenet
07-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Nice work! How are you venting the grill to avoid excess heat build up?

The dry stacked stones are not completely air tight. There is no heat build up inside the cabinets when the grill is on so far. The grill only touches stone, not wood.

bmyownboss2005
07-05-2008, 11:47 PM
If you don't mind saying, How much did it cost you?

getthenet
07-11-2008, 01:58 AM
Here is a walkway we installed.

getthenet
07-11-2008, 02:03 AM
one more......

neighborguy
07-11-2008, 01:43 PM
sorry for jumping back into the post, but I have a question about the fire pit. It seems like it would go together fairly easily and is a great idea. I have three hopefully easy questions.
1. what is the finished diameter of the pit?
2. where did you get the grate?
3. did I see a liner of sorts in there?

Thanks. The whole project looks awesome!

getthenet
07-14-2008, 07:26 PM
sorry for jumping back into the post, but I have a question about the fire pit. It seems like it would go together fairly easily and is a great idea. I have three hopefully easy questions.
1. what is the finished diameter of the pit?
2. where did you get the grate?
3. did I see a liner of sorts in there?

Thanks. The whole project looks awesome!

Finished dia. of the pit is 4'. The grate comes as a kit from Simsstone. The liner is actually steel. It is a ring that drops in between the phyzique stones that form the firepit. It goes together very easily on level surfaces. People seem to really like them. I have 2 of them myself. thanks for the encouragement. Donnie.