PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy The Summer

Sean Adams
06-30-2008, 06:28 PM
I remember when my days were pretty consistent with the following.... waking up at 5, putting my boots on, coffee on the way to the office, office work til the employees arrived, get them out the door, then eventually out the door myself, work in the field, work til dark, finish up office work, get home at 10, pass out on the couch or bed covered in grass and dirt, and wake up the next day to do it all over again....(yes, there was always a shower mixed in there somehwere....)

Now don't get me wrong - I love to work, probably as much as I love doing anything else. But it has taken me until this point in my life to recognize that work isn't everything. I am sure you have heard the saying...

"No one is ever on their death bed wishing they would have spent more time working..."

It's true. Whehter you are married and have kids, single and on your own, or somewhere else in your life, trust me, take some time, enjoy the summer, enjoy the people you love and those who love you. Even it seems like a distraction or a nuisance (which it can at times), just do it....

When that day comes and you are ready to meet your maker (whoever that may be), I am willing to bet that you too will not be saying...

"I just wish I would have planted one more shrub, or spent a few more hours sharpening blades..."

The 4th of July is right around the corner and we here in the United States are very lucky people to have the ability to do the things we choose in life and create our own destiny.... Be grateful for that - take some time to celerate this....

Yes, I know gas is $200 a gallon, and milk is $40 a gallon, and the economy is in the toilet....but do what you can to enjoy yourself and enjoy those around you - it really is what matters....well, that and the Steelers winning their 6th Super Bowl this year!

Prestigelawncare
06-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the reality check!! I think we get wrapped up into what we do and forget about some of the little things.

Thanks!!!

DLAWNS
07-01-2008, 12:24 AM
So true, myself as well as my worker can not wait for our 3 day weekend.

americanlawn
07-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Great post! I remember putting in 90 hours some weeks. Going to work in the dark and using my headlights to finish up the last job. Many Sundays too. I remember writing up invoices with the dome light on in my truck just before sunrise while I was parked in front of my first account in Dallas (ChemScape).

But Mason & I were in South Dakota recently, so we brought back (illegal):laugh: fireworks. As I type this, 2 of my guys are in the pool soaking up rays & beers. We are grilling out Friday & Saturday, and all employees are expected to show up. Keg, burgers, pork chops, brats, etc, etc. "All work & no play made Jack a dull boy", but I hope people remember why we celebrate Indepenence Day. God bless America.:usflag: