PDA

View Full Version : Groundskeeper 2000

lawncare
01-09-2002, 08:39 AM
Anyone using groundskeeper 2000 i've used the demo and its pretty cool i was thinking about switching from cliplite that !@## to expensive besides groundskeeper offers free tech support and all kindsa cool stuff. whould love some feedback if anyone using it if not i just try it anyway im in love with the job estimating feature they have

lawncare
01-09-2002, 08:45 AM
look at all they offer:

Software Feature GroundsKeeper
Pro 2000 GroundsKeeper
Enter up to 10,000 customers
Unlimited job site locations per customer
Each job site has it's own unique services and prices
Schedule services
Associate up to 1,000 character service descriptions for each service
Customer Lists
Job cost estimating
Accounts receivable
Charge for regular services
Charge for special services
Charge for time and materials
Charge for hourly rates
Wizard to automatically charge for services in routes,
schedules and estimates
Routing
View and print daily service schedules
Print bills / invoices
Ability to print bills as statements or invoices
Print mailing labels
Option to print bills on pre-printed paper
Change bill colors
Put your logo on bills
Determine late paying customers
Charge late fees
Print late statements
Maintain a history of past bills sent
Enter customer comments, conversations and interactions
Customer account history
Service contracts
Password protect program
Income statistics
Payroll
Add comments about employees
View daily assigned manhours
Archive and backup data
Track business expenses
Taxes collected report

stahls2
01-09-2002, 10:56 AM
I am in the same position as you. I have demoed Groundskeeper 2000. I like the idea that you can perform all the functions as you described in your last thread within one program, unlike Clip and Lawn Monkey. However, with Clip and Lawn Monkey a person can also use bar coding on invoices and route sheets which would greatly increase productivity by the time spent in front of the computer.
I am still trying to decide myself.

Premo Services
01-09-2002, 11:11 AM
Dores anyone have a web address????
Thanks in advance

stahls2
01-09-2002, 11:23 AM
Premo, if you are asking me, mine is stahls2@aol.com

Chuck Sinclair
01-09-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by stahls2
I am in the same position as you. I have demoed Groundskeeper 2000. I like the idea that you can perform all the functions as you described in your last thread within one program, unlike Clip and Lawn Monkey. However, with Clip and Lawn Monkey a person can also use bar coding on invoices and route sheets which would greatly increase productivity by the time spent in front of the computer.
I am still trying to decide myself.

You might want to look againg at Lawn Monkey i use it every day and it will do all that and more for less money.

stahls2
01-09-2002, 11:40 AM
Chuck,

Doesn't Lawn Monkey and Clip use Quick Books to do the accounting portion of the business?

Turfdude
01-09-2002, 11:44 AM
My groundskeeper demo didn't work properly and looked very confusing. Listen to others - try LM! I'm very satisfied as are many others and you can check out their support forum here. They get back to questions w/in 24 hours. :D Also, once you get the hang of it, you'll start using more features. The add-ons to this program truly are that (bar coding, LMDC for PDA's, and so on) Clip makes you purchase accounting modules and time tracking and others which are already inclusive w/ LM.

Chuck Sinclair
01-09-2002, 11:54 AM
Chuck,

Doesn't Lawn Monkey and Clip use Quick Books to do the accounting portion of the business?

I don't know about Clip (to expensive for me) but accounting is built into LM. I have been using it for two years now.

1MajorTom
01-09-2002, 12:07 PM
Dores anyone have a web address????
Thanks in advance

http://www.adkad.com/groundskeeper/gk.htm

lawncare
01-09-2002, 03:32 PM
does lm have any demos, cause this clip is kicking my azz, iwant something you don't have to purchase everytime they fix something that shouldve been there any way.

stahls2
01-09-2002, 04:20 PM
LawnCare,

Just received the demo. The web address is: www.alocet.com.

LoneStarLawn
01-09-2002, 04:25 PM
I like the idea that you can perform all the functions as you described in your last thread within one program, unlike Clip and Lawn Monkey.

Lawn Monkey can do all those things and more.....
Great program......unmatched support (Actual forum right here!!!)

stahls2
01-09-2002, 04:32 PM
LoneStarLawn,

I wasn't knocking LM nor Clip. I was simply stating, for me, I would like one program to do everything I need. As I understood LM and Clip, they both utilized QuickBooks as their accounting software. I know now that LM has an intrigrated accounting system with a link to QuickBooks.

If I am incorrect, I'm sure you will correct me on this as always!

greensummer
01-09-2002, 08:18 PM
LawnMonkey is the way to go. However Practical Solutions offer a very comprehensive software program. ;)

LoneStarLawn
01-09-2002, 08:27 PM
LoneStarLawn,

I wasn't knocking LM nor Clip. I was simply stating, for me, I would like one program to do everything I need. As I understood LM and Clip, they both utilized QuickBooks as their accounting software. I know now that LM has an intrigrated accounting system with a link to QuickBooks.

If I am incorrect, I'm sure you will correct me on this as always!

As always? You have been here since December..or you have changed your name...

Lawn Monkey is a stand alone product....It links to QB for people who want that link, but it is not necessary (Some prefer to have both. Lawn Monkey can work alone as an accounting software program for our industry. So Lawn Monkey can do all those things BY ITSELF...Consider this the correction....LOL

I would hope anyone would correct a false statement if they know it is false. I wouldn't want to read things tinking they were true when they are actually not.

stahls2
01-09-2002, 08:34 PM
LoneStarLawn,

That is what I said. Read my last post. I see why people in Texas where ten gal. hats, so they can fit their ten gal. heads in them. You probably need a couple of sizes bigger. Don't you.

LAWNGODFATHER
01-09-2002, 09:12 PM
No one said they use it, well I DO!!!!!

Only a few problems I have with it.

Can't link to other software IE: Quick Books

Manualy enter payroll deductions.

Must save every time you make an entry.

It was inexpensive and we have gotten used to it, but I want to switch to Lawn Monkey for reasons unsaid.

It limits my expandsion. Lawn Monkey will help in the procsess.

LoneStarLawn
01-09-2002, 10:31 PM
LoneStarLawn,

That is what I said. Read my last post. I see why people in Texas where ten gal. hats, so they can fit their ten gal. heads in them. You probably need a couple of sizes bigger. Don't you.

No ten galllon hat here or bigger...LOL

Your post to me still sounded like LM could not work without QB..which is untrue therefore I posted what I did. I do not have QB and use LM accounting just fine.

Just thought people should actually know the truth....

If I had made a mistake I sure would hope someone corrected me because I would hate for someone to base their decisions on what I have said to be true when maybe it was not.

I guess some people can not take someone correcting them when they are wrong....(they usually go off and try to verbally harrass someone just like you did)

I am honestly not trying to show you up...just trying to help out.

LAWNGODFATHER
01-09-2002, 10:45 PM
Well just to back up what stahls said, I thought you must use QB in both programs also.

Just goes to show how things are explaind and understood.

stahls2
01-10-2002, 01:27 PM
LoneStarLawn,

It is difficult to sometimes to understand each other on this site, because we are not face to face. Usually, when two people communicate face to face, at least, they can interrupt tone of voice, non-verbal behavior, and facial expressions, which allows a person to interrupt the true meaning of someone's words. I thought you were trying to attack me, therefore, I retailated.
I don't have a problem with you or anyone else correcting me.
I apologize!!!! Can we call it a truce, my Texas friend.

P.S. LM is an awesome program, and I will be purchasing a copy.

LoneStarLawn
01-10-2002, 03:56 PM
Of course...

Yes communicating on here is hard to do.....

marcie
02-01-2002, 09:45 PM
i have used groundskeeper softeware and have demos of clip and lawn monkey but i liked groundskeeper better. i would rather tab through client files than to keep sliding the thing across the bottom of the page to see client information. just personal preference

LoneStarLawn
02-01-2002, 09:49 PM
LM actually has a similar feature that you can get a list of all cutomers (alph.) to pop up in a window and just click on the customer you want to go to to see their info without having to "slide through".

scagman
02-02-2002, 04:01 AM
It's funny watching you guys fight and then you guys madeup how sweet!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

LoneStarLawn
02-02-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by scagman
It's funny watching you guys fight and then you guys madeup how sweet!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

I was not fighting. He just misunderstood my posts.

Twotoros
02-24-2002, 03:32 PM
Any new opinions on GK 2000? Anyone got the demos and tried it?

I have changed my biz name this year and went to cell phone only last year. My company info is imbeded into Clip. Clip wants 200$ a year for support and upgrades. So my changes fall into that catagory. For 249$ I can get GK and GK Pro for 349$. So do I let Clip extort yet another chunk of change or do I switch. I have given Clip probably 1500$ in "support" in ten years and still had to fork over 300$ when I switched from win3.1 to win98 two years back. So I have 2k plus invested into Clip in ten years. That is 200 a YEAR!!!!!!!

Can you change company info on GK or Lawn Monkey? How much is support on LM per year? GK is FREE support!

I am down to the wire on this now. HELP!!!:blob3:

LoneStarLawn
02-24-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Twotoros
Can you change company info on GK or Lawn Monkey? How much is support on LM per year? GK is FREE support!

Yes with Lawn Monkey you can change company info very easily. (User can do this)

Lawn Monkey has free forum support and free email support.
You get two hours free telephone support and then $1.25/minute after that.

LM support is outstanding. Forum and email support I beleive is all that is needed.

jrblawncare
02-25-2002, 06:30 AM
I have been using GroundsKeeper Pro 2000 for about a month now and I am very pleased with it.

LAWNGODFATHER
02-25-2002, 07:44 PM
Let not keep compairing apple to oranges now.

Groundskeeper pro 2000 is not a bad program and for you guys that are small it is priced perfect and will do just fine for you.

I have no comlaints. I is just missing a few items I need.