PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway to adjust a Weathermatic SL for new sod?

Bluelude1
07-01-2008, 04:26 PM
I have been running 2 Weathermatic Smartline controllers w/ weather stations at our ranch on auto adjust, but the other day I laid sod in a couple of areas. I was curious if there as anyway to adjust the Smartline to compensate for the new sod in specific zones without taking it off of auto adjust.

BTW - The reason I am trying to keep it on auto adjust is I have about 40 zones between 2 Smartlines and another RB controller that I am trying to keep it as efficient as possible (That water bill adds up FAST :dizzy: )

londonrain
07-01-2008, 05:59 PM
I have been running 2 Weathermatic Smartline controllers w/ weather stations at our ranch on auto adjust, but the other day I laid sod in a couple of areas. I was curious if there as anyway to adjust the Smartline to compensate for the new sod in specific zones without taking it off of auto adjust.

BTW - The reason I am trying to keep it on auto adjust is I have about 40 zones between 2 Smartlines and another RB controller that I am trying to keep it as efficient as possible (That water bill adds up FAST :dizzy: )
No setting for new sod but you can trick the controller ...set the precipitation rate at a low rate between .1 -.3 for the zones with new sod and also the more or less at 150%...then set multiple run times for the zones with the new sod....

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-01-2008, 09:03 PM
No setting for new sod but you can trick the controller ...set the precipitation rate at a low rate between .1 -.3 for the zones with new sod and also the more or less at 150%...then set multiple run times for the zones with the new sod....

Ditto... Lie to it. I tell it new sod is annuals in sandy soil and set two start times everyday.