PDA

View Full Version : cought on tape

greenmonster304
07-01-2008, 05:41 PM
picked up a new account today. The previous company got cought over billing by 3 hours for 2 guys. This guy has cameras hidden all over the property. He said when he confronted them about the bill they stood by it untill he told them about the cameras. the other company just happens to be the one I used to work for.

Mike Leary
07-02-2008, 10:40 AM
What's the large body of water we're looking at? Nice pics!

greenmonster304
07-02-2008, 10:49 AM
the water closet to the camera is 3 mile harbor and the far water by the bluff is gardeners bay they are in east hampton ny (east end of long island)

lowvolumejeff
07-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi, great story. Is that Shelter Island in the backround of the second view picture? Grew up there. Just curious. Jeff

greenmonster304
07-02-2008, 12:34 PM
No shelter island would be behind me in the pics your looking at Springs. So you. Are a "hair legger"?

JNyz
07-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Do you think the employees lied to the owner of the company about the hours on the property or did the business owner over bill?

greenmonster304
07-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Do you think the employees lied to the owner of the company about the hours on the property or did the business owner over bill?

I think the guy who took my place at the company is paid salary with commision/profit share and wanted to inflate the bill so he would hit his mark.

JNyz
07-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Yea, I run into this sometimes when the guys want to take a longer lunch.

lowvolumejeff
07-03-2008, 12:44 AM
No shelter island would be behind me in the pics your looking at Springs. So you. Are a "hair legger"?

My Mom is, I was born in the now burned down Greenport Hospital, but almost popped out on the North Ferry, which would have made determining my place of birth more difficult. Miss those boyhood days and remembrances. Have the Peconic Bay scallops made any resurgence? Jeff

greenmonster304
07-03-2008, 08:10 AM
My Mom is, I was born in the now burned down Greenport Hospital, but almost popped out on the North Ferry, which would have made determining my place of birth more difficult. Miss those boyhood days and remembrances. Have the Peconic Bay scallops made any resurgence? Jeff

yeah there are some scallops again. I am southampton guy born and raised. How long have you been gone.

Wet_Boots
07-03-2008, 08:25 AM
That atrium in the first photo looks familiar somehow.

lowvolumejeff
07-03-2008, 01:06 PM
yeah there are some scallops again. I am southampton guy born and raised. How long have you been gone.

Long time ago. Left to go off to college and the big time. Still have a few surviving relatives there, rest have died or moved off (on). Had an uncle who owned land around the Southampton ferry, and a cousin who still fishes the bay. Last time back was 10+ years ago. Changed so much, hardly knew my way around. Had 900 wintertime population when I was a boy (I'm pushing 60). As I said, I miss those fond memories, but am fully aware, you can't go home again. Anyway, I envy you. Other than rain, Seattle isn't bad. From an irrigation perspective, Seattle's typical summers start July 5th and we have sunny high pressure dominated weather until at least mid September. During that time we have less rain than Phoenix. Winter grasses are allowed to go dormant, but almost everyone waters their borders. Makes micro drip very appealing.

After always having to messed with our pump on SI, makes me appreciate the comparatively sand free water available here. I do miss the scallops. Nothing in the world compares with yours. Glad to here they are rebounding from the red tide.

Thanks for the update. Jeff

WalkGood
07-03-2008, 05:30 PM
picked up a new account today. The previous company got cought over billing by 3 hours for 2 guys. This guy has cameras hidden all over the property. He said when he confronted them about the bill they stood by it untill he told them about the cameras. the other company just happens to be the one I used to work for.

Who is it that you used to work for??? You can PM me if u don't want to say publicly.