PDA

View Full Version : What about ClaroLux?

tdf
07-02-2008, 12:15 PM
These guys are in my state and some of the products look ok. Has anyone here used them. Any feedback would be great.

www.clarolux.com

TXNSLighting
07-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Yeh ive used em, i think they have a great product. Very heavy, and have good light output. I dont know why i stopped using them...o yeh i like brass fixtures.

tdf
07-02-2008, 04:57 PM
go to the web site and look for the new newletter

tdf
07-02-2008, 04:58 PM
sorry current newsletter

Mark B
07-02-2008, 10:49 PM
I have used them as well. They are about 25 minutes from my house. I think they just came out with some brass fixtures.

TXNSLighting
07-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Didnt see any brass fixtures, but regardless. i like their stuff.

klkanders
07-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Brass spot supposed to be out July 15th. I think you need a contractor log-in and password for the site. I was able to see announcement of brass products coming soon.

Keith

TXNSLighting
07-02-2008, 11:29 PM
yeh i emailed my former contact about getting a new password and such so i can see it all.

tdf
07-02-2008, 11:47 PM
exact replicas of Cast fixtures but cast brass instead of bronze

NightLightingFX
07-03-2008, 11:13 PM
I have had problems with their copper bullet "Venice." Their products feel strong and hardy and the people there are great. Maybe I got a bad batch of fixtures, but I have had A LOT of problems with them. I really want to work with ClaroLux but the track record I have had with their products makes me highly reluctant. Last summer I used their "Venice" for two projects for a total of about twenty fixtures. I have had five fixtures let me down with the sockets failing. The real frustrating thing about it is that ten of these fixtures are up in VERY high and hard to get places. I have had problems with 4 fixtures out of the 10 fixtures in high hard to get places. This has created A LOT of FRUSTRATION! The engineering problem with their fixture is that you unscrew the fixture, insert your lamp to a loose socket, then you screw the fixture back on. The problem is that when you screw the fixture back on sometimes the lamp can catch and the socket wires will get twisted up - excess pressure and a over time break. That is my experience with them
~Ned

tdf
07-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Did you buy them at the same time? hopefully a bad batch. I could handle one or two problems, but If I had those issues then I would also be afraid to chance it again. They seem to be customer service minded which I like.

TF

NightLightingFX
07-05-2008, 12:50 PM
They are good people, I would really like to work with them more but I have had too many problems with their product and there are a lot of other quality products out there to use. I also have a problem with the engineering of their Venice bullet. The fact that you have to screw the 2nd half of the fixture on to secure it, and the socket for the lamp floats around in the cylinder with a spring GUARANTEES you will have issues of the socket wires getting twisted up. As these fixtures and wires age it is only a matter of time you will get problems. A manufactures guarantee is nice but if you know a product is going to fail it is not worth it. If manufactures were willing to guarantee the hassle of taking out the fixture and sending it back - now that would be a REAL guarantee.
~Ned

NightLightingFX
07-05-2008, 12:52 PM
I didn't buy them all at the same time. They were two different projects but were pretty close togather.

TXNSLighting
07-05-2008, 01:51 PM
I have 6 at one job. They were installed almost a year and a half ago. I have yet to replace the bulbs or have any problems what so ever with my venice bullets. Come to think of it, i have not had one problem with the entire system. Theres 28 lights, all Clarolux product. right down to the wire. Very happy with their product.

Mark B
07-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I like the screw on part of the bullet. I wonder how the socket handle the heat. I have had good luck with there lights. It is nice to have them so close to the house.

tdf
07-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Are you in Alamance? I was born in Burlington.

Mark B
07-06-2008, 04:04 AM
Yes I'm in Burlington.

Pro-Scapes
07-07-2008, 08:11 AM
I have seen the claro bullets and tried the pathlights. in my opinion your much better off with the unique copperknights or the coppermoon pathlights. Better construction at about the same cost.

The venice bullet has some serious design flaws. The thread on shroud as Ned said but the biggest flaw in that bullet is how the flat lens sits recessed in the fixture. Nearly a 1/8th " down from the lip. Your asking for standing water and dirt with a set up like that.

There are much better designs in fixtures out there for the same or less price. The Coppermoon CM125 is much better design. Heck so is the brass knights unique line for that matter.

tdf
07-08-2008, 02:26 PM
I went to Western and my mom still lives in Ossipee. I live in the Raleigh area but like to get back to Burvegas as often as possible.

TF

I had a fence business down ther with a friend about 7 years ago called Scott-Thomas Fence Company. 7 years hard labor. Sorry to get off topic

tdf
07-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Did anyone else see the cast brass bullets that look just like the ones from Cast Lighting on the Clarolux website?

ClaroLux Lighting
07-28-2008, 01:55 PM
I just wanted to take a minute to address the issues Billy and Ned have had with Clarolux products. First off, our bullet lights have a flushed glass piece which will not hold water or debris on the fixture. We do not use the bubbled lens because it distorts the light output. If you guys don't like our threaded shroud design you should try our new Siena bullet light.

Our new bullet fixture is made from cast brass not bronze. Unlike with the bronze fixtures, our cast brass contains no poisonous lead.

We pride ourselves on providing the best quality products on the market at an affordable price. We guarantee our product 100% and have had less than 1% returned to us due to defects. :weightlifter:

Lindsay

TXNSLighting
07-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Hi Lindsay! Good to see you around here!

Mark B
07-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Trouble has entered into the forums.

ClaroLux Lighting
07-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Thanks Ryan! What do you mean trouble????? I will see you soon Mark:rolleyes:

Pro-Scapes
07-30-2008, 06:52 PM
I just wanted to take a minute to address the issues Billy and Ned have had with Clarolux products. First off, our bullet lights have a flushed glass piece which will not hold water or debris on the fixture. We do not use the bubbled lens because it distorts the light output. If you guys don't like our threaded shroud design you should try our new Siena bullet light.

Our new bullet fixture is made from cast brass not bronze. Unlike with the bronze fixtures, our cast brass contains no poisonous lead.

We pride ourselves on providing the best quality products on the market at an affordable price. We guarantee our product 100% and have had less than 1% returned to us due to defects. :weightlifter:

Lindsay

The claro bullet I have here that you sent me personally Lindsay has a flat glass lens held in place with a snap ring I think it is with a gasket between the lens and body. The lens sits below the body of the fixture. Is this an older fixture ??? Anyways thats the one I got and the one I commented on. Great idea on the fixture and its solid built but poor execution on a crucial element.

ClaroLux Lighting
07-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Yes Billy.....you have an older fixture. Our newer fixtures have a flushed lens. :)

Tomwilllight
07-31-2008, 10:21 AM
The older I get the less I trust new product... particularly anything that appears to be a first production run. I've gotten weary of diagnosing and fixing other people's mistakes for them.

Always use new and untested product at your home first. If it works OK there then install it in an easily accessed location in your client's garden.

Tom "I just realized I responded to an old posting. I want to compliment the ClaroLux folks for attending to design flaws and engaging with us in this forum. It is exactly this type of exchange that will help our industry grow and improve."

Pro-Scapes
08-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Yes Billy.....you have an older fixture. Our newer fixtures have a flushed lens. :)

well then i guess that settles that.